+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I hope every main character dies, and we get new main characters. All of those people were just awful and annoying and the kind of people who get eaten in Rick's group

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Having a junkie find a thing, leave to get other people to show it to, it being gone when they get back, and no one believing them because "lol must've been the drugs" is about 2 steps better than amnesia, as far as terribly cliche writing goes.
    I'd argue that it's better than Tyreese's death, or Beth's wasted character development. But it's mostly in the hands of the same people. While I can say I like the characters now, I'm pessimistic about where the writers will take them.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Kinda surprised nobody is mentioning that the druggie is the son of STANNIS THE MANNIS.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Apparently everyone I know hated the show also, most of my co-workers still love TWD and they all hated this show for having bad dialogue and being super slow. And the same hate the druggie char and the mom being an enabler but that's just perspective really. I second the everyone should die and recast the entire main crew.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TWD fans hate this show for being slow and having bad dialogue? LOL

the irony is just off the charts

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    No. No. No. You got the flu? Cancer? Appendicitis? That is a sickness, and I have empathy. You are struggling with addiction because you shot up heroin or freebased crack or spent every last dime you had for one hit of meth? No. No sympathy. Addiction is very real and I am not debating that, but it all starts with a choice.

And if you are gonna insist on calling me an idiot for thinking that then put me on ignore right now because that is an opinion I will never change.

Now back to more zombies.
    My brother is an addict, and gets all the sympathy in the world.

Do I cater to his bullshit? No.

So fuck you and every person like you.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Junkie may be a junkie, but he's got good insticts. Everyone trying to arm wrestle the zombie, he runs him over with a truck. Twice.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Anything zombie outbreak related suffers from this weird dichotomy of deciding whether the concept of zombies existed already or not. If they didn't, the whole premise feels unrelatable. If they did, the idea of it spreading much further than a building or two seems implausible; everyone would know not to go near shambling, dead-looking motherfuckers and that anyone bit but not yet turned had to be dealt with.

So as far as he knew, he basically straight murdered an angry or otherwise temporarily impaired man.

That he shot in the chest and thought was dead kind of temporarily impaired? He literally murdered him before he murdered him again, I don't really see how confusing the situation is considering his parents were being attacked by the thing he thought he killed already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

People being hard in denial is almost always a basic premise in shows like that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

People do some crazy shit on PCP.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I fully expect FPK (fat pimple kid) to knife everyone dead on the bus.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i don't give a fuckkkkkkkk as long as i can watch that chick week to week

i'm sure it'll pick up real quick in ep 2. and if not, nothing of worth was lost.
    Do you watch the 100? She plays the commander on that show too, complete with lesbian kissing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yep i do, post in the thread too

funny thing is, in the thread people are like whoaaa she's so hot and i'm like what are you talking about

wasn't till i looked her up in imdb with all that mud and paint off her face that i was like omggggggggggggggggggg

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah i first saw her in that twister movie with carl's mom.
    Even with the mud and paint i found her hot lol

BG Level

Interesting so far. I wish they'd just stay in the early parts of the book. Doesn't make much sense that the dead would take over so quickly.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Interesting so far. I wish they'd just stay in the early parts of the book. Doesn't make much sense that the dead would take over so quickly.
    It would happen quick. Millions of people die every day. Things would go south fast.

BG Level

Good point.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Annual death rate is approximately 0.78%. Assuming a global population of 7 billion, that's 150,000 per day worldwide.

Assuming we only refer to the US, it drops to about 7500 a day, given uniform distribution, which is highly unlikely. Still pretty ugly, especially given that the undead will have a few days' headstart while the population figures out how to deal with the threat.

The real question is - is the origin for the disease instantly globally active? Presumably it starts in one region and, even if airborne, some locality or region might have an airtight lockdown system (hi2u VaultTec) which they would have enough notice to activate and utilize.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Annual death rate is approximately 0.78%. Assuming a global population of 7 billion, that's 150,000 per day worldwide.

Assuming we only refer to the US, it drops to about 7500 a day, given uniform distribution, which is highly unlikely. Still pretty ugly, especially given that the undead will have a few days' headstart while the population figures out how to deal with the threat.

The real question is - is the origin for the disease instantly globally active? Presumably it starts in one region and, even if airborne, some locality or region might have an airtight lockdown system (hi2u VaultTec) which they would have enough notice to activate and utilize.
    Enough people would die and die to the dead in the first few weeks that civilization would probably come to a close. If you consider how many people actually actively contribute to the stability of civilization, it's actually a tiny minority. Police officers, energy specific jobs, fire fighters, etc. Once those numbers go down, it isn't like you can take some slob from Burger King (no offense to fast food workers) and plug him in to replace Harry the electrical engineer.

Lawyers could die by the thousands without any real loss, but once Doctors, farmers and National Grid workers start dropping like flies, the domino effect would happen quickly.

I don't think the military would be over run as quickly as TWD made it look. They would run out of ammunition and gasoline and things like that, bringing them to a stop as a modern mechanized military force, but they have walled in bases and team oriented combat training.

Everything else, though, like the electrical grid, the internet, cable television, supply routes, food distribution, would be brought down in short order, and that's all you need to lose to be a month away from Mad Max.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast