FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wish a lot of these were just incorporated into kits, but I'm digging some of the combo creativity and pressure these bring. Now just fix the neutral game (but don't make it ken vs. chun 3rd strike neutral).

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Some are pretty sick and I can’t wait to see what people with it. Some are straight up lazy and should’ve just been added as part of the regular move list like Birdie’s. Then you have a few that are so super situational why would anyone choose it to begin with like Juri’s lol.
    Juri's VT2 is so bad I'm surprised it actually got put through production.

Majority of these VT attacks are parries as well so that's boring. Cammy's looks cool but far too limited in use to actually be useful, seems like the case with a lot of these VTs.

It's like they want to make the game more interesting, but not that interesting.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Ken's Shinryuken looks awesome.
    Visually it looked cool, but for fucks sake they show it getting stuffed during anti-air attempts like 3 times in a row!!! What I’m Earth...

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was like... okay, so it's trash, then? not to mention the insane damage scaling it suffers in combos

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

It’s pathetic how fucked the anti-air situation is in SFV. It should have been the very first thing they addressed in season 2.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Majority of these VT attacks are parries as well so that's boring.
    At most, 4 of 28 are parries/counters: Ryu, Vega, Karin, and maybe Laura if you're the type of person who thinks dodges and parries are similar.
    Abigail and Urien get chargeable armored attacks, which are... not parries.
    The remaining 22 VT2s are installs or new specials. None of them are anything like parries.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    At most, 4 of 28 are parries/counters: Ryu, Vega, Karin, and maybe Laura if you're the type of person who thinks dodges and parries are similar.
    Abigail and Urien get chargeable armored attacks, which are... not parries.
    The remaining 22 VT2s are installs or new specials. None of them are anything like parries.
    I forgot you have to be literal in a topic that you post in.

Here's the point condensed. These VTs suck and very few of them actually look useful or cool.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gameplay aside, if they didn't do any changes to the netcode or region matchmaking, then the the online experience is still going to be a dumpster fire.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Visually it looked cool, but for fucks sake they show it getting stuffed during anti-air attempts like 3 times in a row!!! What I’m Earth...

Yeah it seems more of a damage extender than anything else, which is weird. You'd figure with how historically strong SRKs have been in terms of anti-airs, a literal SUPER SRK wouldn't be getting beaten by just about anything.

On one side, I'm glad that they showed off some of the ways these moves DON'T work, or how to beat them, but on the other hand, its just strange seeing so many ways to stuff a super goddamn SRK.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Some are pretty sick and I can’t wait to see what people with it. Some are straight up lazy and should’ve just been added as part of the regular move list like Birdie’s. Then you have a few that are so super situational why would anyone choose it to begin with like Juri’s lol.
    Juri's VT2 was barely outpacing the EX gauge she was giving Urien while comboing him. It's pretty bad.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There will probably be a patch in a month or so just like last year to adjust some things.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Can we make a new SFV AE thread plz