Closed Thread
Page 65 of 280 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Yeah I was thinking about using him but just wasn't feeling the design. The run on his VSkill is way too long and idk how you're supposed to use it outside of straight gimmicks.

I didn't try Vega yet but out of the other three Mika was by miles the most fun, they've actually done a really good job with her design.

I messed with Necalli a bit but he's just not my style of character, his buttons all feel crazy slow.

I have no idea what light attacks are supposed to be used for in this game, not being to link out of them feels so weird to me as someone who started with 4, lol.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Also Ken's combos get eaten alive by scaling it seemed like, TC xx H.DP did the same damage as S.MP xx Hado VT TC xx H.DP

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Another thing about this game, I don't even know why the fuck it has light attacks beyond the seemingly 1 character who can utilize them for anything other than mashing to prevent people from rushing you down.

I think a few characters can get EX cancels off of them for combo extenders, but that is few and far between and you can almost always just use medium (the combos don't START with light, so pointless).

Edit: Lol^ Posted this before I hit refresh and saw Calli's post.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I get them not linking to mediums and would be totally fine if they were just used for really low damage confirms like light x3 xx special but a ton of them don't chain to each other and when they do 2 of them push out too far to chain a third (Ken can do CR.LK S.LP S.LK xx DP but not against all chars/depends on standing etc).

BG Level

I don't know why its such a crime for a light attack to combo into a medium attack. Has this ever been a complaint in the history of SF?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I think the complaint is more about lights leading into reasonably good damage, and how lopsided the possible damage from a light confirm is across some of the SF4 cast. Some of this is probably combined with crouch techs where trying to go to a tick throw could lead to you eating 25-30% off a CR.LK confirm. I have heard older players complain that SF4 was the only game where you could get a full combo off a light, but I don't think it'd be a big of an issue in SFV since you have to spend so many more resources to extend combos.

imo if you're making DPs mediocre, making them uncancelable, and then on top of that also making them have counterhit status on recovery so you eat a nearly-guaranteed 40% if you miss one, you shouldn't also make it so you can't combo off lights. This means V-Reversal is one of the only viable ways to get out of pressure, and those can be baited, and also leaves you with no VTrigger to mount an offense once you're out.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I think the complaint is more about lights leading into reasonably good damage, and how lopsided the possible damage from a light confirm is across some of the SF4 cast. Some of this is probably combined with crouch techs where trying to go to a tick throw could lead to you eating 25-30% off a CR.LK confirm. I have heard older players complain that SF4 was the only game where you could get a full combo off a light,but I don't think it'd be a big of an issue in SFV since you have to spend so many more resources to extend combos.
    For the most part, all of this is correct. Best you were able to get out of lights were light x2/x3 > special/super. I agree that this should be present across all the cast.

Back during the SFV initial builds and the beta, the damage off light string openers, when linked to mediums/heavies, were too large. Part of the reason why I think characters like Ryu were too strong.

Also watched DFL's work and I think I understand Ken's run a bit better. More of a Roman Cancel than a KOF pressure tool.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I wanna know who the hell thought Ken's retarded tatsu arc was a good idea.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I wanna know who the hell thought Ken's retarded tatsu arc was a good idea.
    His air EX tatsu seems like trash, and his normal cross-up version doesn't link into anything at all. I have to imagine this will be changed before the final version.

EX Ground tatsu is a good combo ender off his BNB, which I assume is:

Crouching MP > Standing Back+MP > HP > Any Special

Edit: Lmao

https://twitter.com/PR_Balrog/status...392256/video/1

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

So so far in SFV you aren't supposed to use:

- Lights
    - DPs
    - Fireballs
    - CR.MKs

This is going to be a reeeaaalllly different game from 4 lol

BG Level

What it is going to be is boring as fuck after the first 2 majors, but I've only been saying that for months. Drastic changes need to occur and hopefully these beta tests result in: "we need to NOT do this and this and that".

Also, you cannot even empty jump and block low/ trip guard. So you might as well throw that out the complexity window.

Oh, and kara throws were removed several iterations ago, so those are wiped out, as well.

https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/656697074935820288

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    What it is going to be is boring as fuck after the first 2 majors, but I've only been saying that for months. Drastic changes need to occur and hopefully these beta tests result in: "we need to NOT do this and this and that".

Also, you cannot even empty jump and block low. So you might as well throw empty jumps out the window.

Oh, and kara throws were removed several iterations ago, so those are wiped out, as well.

https://twitter.com/jav1ts/status/656697074935820288
    need you to buy SF5 : We're sorry we didnt make SF4 again edition. You know for when We "fix" SF5

BG Level

Oh, I'll be buying it regardless, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be playing it for years upon years like SF3/4. If it's so basic that they want vegetables to be able to play it, then fuck it.

As of right now, the most interesting thing about SF5 is seeing how dominant or complete lack of SonixFox will be.

Edit: Btw Dobu, I poked you last night

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Poor Peter, prolly has his hands full tryna save some face lol.

BG Level

Seriously, if the final product is this lame, then he needs to find another gig...

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I heard the this plays more like 3 than 4 being stated...

LOL no.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Edit: Btw Dobu, I poked you last night
    poked me where?! i was afk most of the night (im assuming your talkin about 14 lol) and speaking of 14 prob gon quit at end of December.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The most worrisome part imo is how it consistently gets more and more dumbed down with each new version people get their hands on.

At the rate it's going we'll end up with Rising Thunder style inputs by release.

The original versions people were getting their hands seemed good to me. Easier links thanks to the input buffer, but still decent combo potential. But apparently links of any kind are just too much.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    poked me where?! i was afk most of the night (im assuming your talkin about 14 lol) and speaking of 14 prob gon quit at end of December.
    Yeah, who still plays from our old group?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, who still plays from our old group?
    Fried will be the last one when i quit lol. Lola/Eria quit 2 months ago