Closed Thread
Page 7 of 280 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guts now kicks in at 50%, and defense just progressively scales up as health reduces. I think the Hellfire boost to Supers is something like 30%.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yea, not as bad as scrub-factor and ultras. Doesn't worry me, at least overdrives are a bit more useful this time around. Anyways, sorry for derailing the topic, carry on.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Came late to the party, but just gonna address a few things:

1) Leroy is right when he said it will be highly unlikely the game will be balanced right out of the gate.
    2) Insane & Krandor are right in believing there isn't much of a difference between USF4 and this new game.
    3) Welt is ultimately right when he says nothing else will matter and everyone will be picking up this game, as it will supercede everything before it in a tournament setting.

However, given product software development times, no one should expect this game until Nov/Dec 2015 at the earliest if they are going to make it like KI for XBONE One, or Q3 2016 if it's going to be a full release game.

Also camman Nits, comeback factors never save anyone unless they are the upper to top tier type of player.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

There is a playable demo this weekend in San Fran; it will release around Q4 2015 or Q1 2016 at the absolute latest. An arcade version will come first as a test to fight against Tekken 7.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

BG Level

There were multiple threads on Neogaf from last night to this morning, but some where deleted (why??). The leak is reliable, so that means you can all but confirm:

1. No Focus
    2. No Parrying (This was obvious imo...they aren't going to add a universal parry when the objective is to get casuals to be able to access the game)
    3. Stage Changes with weather affecting gameplay
    4. 16 Characters at launch (likely arcade, similar to Sf4 release)
    5. Stance change is new mechanic (think Gen if its mid-gameplay, or CVS2 if its during character selection)
    6. Updates won't be done via "Super/Ultra/2012/AE/etc", but League of Legends style with characters rolling out every X # of days
    7. Game will stay on PS4/PC for its lifespan
    8. Timeline appears to be after SF3, so "older/mature" versions of the WW characters. (I bet Akuma will look amazing..)

Also, "Ink" isn't the style theme. Ryu's just happens to look similar to Sf4. Chun Li's is water, Ryu's is actually lighting, etc. Am I missing anything? I think Sony will put a lot behind SF5 prize pool for EVO. Also, I bet they sponsor most of SF5's Capcom Cup and may even adjust the name.

Who else is going with me to Tokyo on release? I'll shit my pants if they happen to have some kind of test version out when I'm there this March and April.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I don't want necessarily FADC but I really hope there's some sort of canceling function for combo extensions. Weather thing I hope can be turned off for competition if it creates random shit like Brawl tripping.

I also hope we don't get the shit a year after JP arcade release.

BG Level

I would like FADC for combo extensions, but it shouldn't be usable at all on block. It just allows people to do stupid shit and get away with it safely.

The chances I'll see Ibuki on initial release is grim ;/

Though she is a JP fan favorite in voting and if its post SF3, she should be considered. GO GO!

@Calli - We will certainly get it a year after JP arcade release. They can cheaply use JP arcades to test the game before releasing a disaster to the consumer. It would be incredibly stupid of them not to do so.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I don't mind getting an opportunity to get out of a bad read, but it should be more expensive, 75% meter instead of 50% on block, 50% on hit

BG Level

The problem is it encourages shit like wakeup EX-SRK with Sakura and makes stupid people look smart when it works, when they just happened to do something retarded and have it work out. That one lucky hit can easily turn into a win in SF4 with the right character (ERyu/Yun/Sakura/Akuma/Dudley). That would RARELY work in old Street Fighters, which is why SF4 gets some hate from a lot of the oldschool players who stand 15 feet away from each other at all times and take no risks. This game is looking to go back to more of that without any parry/focus.

Long combos are fun though and make the game exciting for viewers. I expect there to either be long combos out of the gate or some type of feature that allows for them to be extended. Certainly, there will be some type of meter than does something flashy beyond the normal Super, or you will be able to build multiple levels of a single meter bar and your options grow as you hit level 2-3.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I know where you're going with that but I think the example of the character whose EX reversal 95% of the cast can throw a meaty jab against and recover in time to block, 100% of the cast can just jump in to avoid it altogether, and a solid half of the cast can punish FADC backdash on block despite spending 3 meters is not the best one lol.

Too many people complain about moves like EX Shou/Messiah/QBomb but they put zero effort into just developing and using tactics that beat them. Old players want to complain about the reward for yolo reversals from newer players but they're also guilty of being too lazy to just adapt to the current state of Street Fighter.

BG Level

At least, we can rest assured that the abomination of Feurte will never grace the screen again. The character was bullshit before Qbomb got better.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Pfft, at least you can FADC your DP.

BG Level

Rofl. Yours is hard to punish raw at times, for whatever reason >_>

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's not a fundamental problem with those moves, but the complaint comes from being able to make moves that are historically unsafe as shit getaway tactics.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Elf was terrible before the buff and is still just decent, but again baiting a specific move and punishing it is more work than just walking up and pressing whatever you want like a dingdong is too much work for people.

We have a solid local Elf who I've historically gone 5/5 with at best even before the buffs, until I just spent an hour in the lab learning what his wakeup options are, now I win for free.

BG Level

Also, the leak suggested a 2016 console release by end of Q2 (fiscal year ends in June).

There is an exhibition of SF5 with top players this weekend, which means we will see an arcade release around May-July of next year in Japan.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    There's not a fundamental problem with those moves, but the complaint comes from being able to make moves that are historically unsafe as shit getaway tactics.
    Yeah, I think even this is okay, as long as it's expensive. Minimum 75% meter for on block cancel, if you make a bad read you can get out once, then be fucked on meter for the round. I think that's a fair solution.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Pfft, at least you can FADC your DP.
    Who needs a DP, you have 172 normals

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 280 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast