Closed Thread
Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Z (2015)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    How did Gohan lose his arm anyway? I might need to find that manga/chapter.

In the movie it appears he took a shot for Trunks, and in the scenes afterwards his arm seems intact. Then while hiding, 17 and 18 blew up the city, and after that his arm was missing. It was that or the blowing up lol
    I don't think it was ever shown in the Manga. The only glimpse of the past (of the future) we got there was a brief training-session of a one-armed Son-Gohan and Trunks, followed by a Cyborg-attack in a nearby city, which Son-Gohan attempted to stop by himself. At this point, the Cyborgs mentioned that they had been holding back and proceeded to kill him. Trunks, who had been knocked out by Son-Gohan, later woke up and found his corpse.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Got his arm blown off during the massive city bombing. Never specifically showed the arm gone, but the explosions were all around him and you could see him grimacing as it flashed to white.

Edit: And yes, while in the English version they never make mention of it, in the JP translations 17 talks about how he wasn't even using half of his power when fighting Gohan. The translation is annoying when you consider how frustrated both androids looked whenever they had to fight Gohan 1v1 and he popped them in the mouth. I'd have loved to have seen a true, long 1v1 fight against one of them.

Future Gohan was such a badass. So sick that they ran with him in that handheld DBZ game and gave him SS2.

Gohan was awesome in 2 stages. SSJ2 and Mystic. Otherwise he was a chump because he never trained(or at least we didn't see him train during the timeskip). Wish he would have been the hero a bit more instead of having Goku be the end all be all, all of the time.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

I always thought that the current Androids were -way- stronger than future Andriods merely due to Trunks fucking with the timeline.

The manga and anime implied that the future androids were always kind of holding back (hence them going all out and really killing Gohan when he got the upper hand a bit), but they weren't "stomp you like an ant" strong.

Trunks going back to warn the Z-team caused them to go into heavy training, and allegedly the Dr's observation robots were still taking samples during this time, meaning as the Z-team grew stronger, so did the Android's final models.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I always rolled with Trunks roflstomping Frieza and his army being the event that caused the altered timeline to have stronger Androids.

In the unaltered timeline, Goku shows up and presumably stops Frieza which gave Gero no impetus to improve on his creations. They were already designed to surpass base SSJ and since no one was stronger than Goku, they cleaned house after Goku went kaput.

However when Future Trunks showed up and made a lightshow out of Frieza and his army and displayed power matching/surpassing Goku, Gero had to improve on his machines including making himself and 19 present. The Z-dudes training only made this more obvious. Trunks comes back and voila, the timeline is altered.

What was never cleared up for me was the timeline without Future Cell where the Z fighters beat the androids but don't Hyperbolic up leading to Future Trunks getting killed by Cell who then steals his time machine and kicks off the Cell Saga. Mainly because all of this is inferred rather than having been shown.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I thought that timeline (the Trunks death by cell) was still with the Z fighters dead, just with Bulma making a shutdown switch for the androids that brought peace. Cell didn't have any androids to absorb since they had been shut down (never said destroyed, so does he need to absorb a functioning android or just their components???), so he killed Trunks and rolled out to get him some live bait. The Z fighters were still dead in that timeline, but it never said whether or not Trunks was a Super Sayian, because no fights were shown and in the short filler reference, he was pretty much sniped before ever turning super.

Basically there ended up being 2 time lines. Future trunks time line where everyone was still dead but he was so fucking strong he man handled 17 and 18 and later on Cell. In this time line he just basically went back and became super strong and was able to allow the world to rebuild.

Altered path. This is what we have in the anime where Gohan becomes SSJ2 and then beats Perfect Cell and then they continue on with the world in that fashion. Everyone lives.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

New trailer for this movie makes it seem like this Frieza is from a different dimension and has a new form. They showed Bills and that other dude too.

link?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I thought that timeline (the Trunks death by cell) was still with the Z fighters dead, just with Bulma making a shutdown switch for the androids that brought peace. Cell didn't have any androids to absorb since they had been shut down (never said destroyed, so does he need to absorb a functioning android or just their components???), so he killed Trunks and rolled out to get him some live bait. The Z fighters were still dead in that timeline, but it never said whether or not Trunks was a Super Sayian, because no fights were shown and in the short filler reference, he was pretty much sniped before ever turning super.
    The timeline where Trunks gets killed seems to follow the one we're seen but only without Cell. Trunks goes back, beats Frieza, warns of Androids, comes back, Androids get the power boost thanks to Trunks' time traveling, they find Gero's lab, blueprints found, androids shut down via remote. No Cell means no hyperbolic, Trunks takes the remote back to the future, shuts down his Androids, Cell ambushes him and Trunks gets his neck snapped. That timeline has no Trunks, no Cell which means the day is saved, sorta.

Cell goes back in time and we get our timeline.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Best part of this: LittleKuriboh gets to reprise his voicework as Frieza for the abridged take on this.

Yus!

Still looks like an enjoyable movie. Gods wasn't bad. Wasn't very serious though lol.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm almost positive that at some point Vegeta stated that Krillin, while lacking in pure power, had the best ki control of anyone he'd ever met.

Also, pre-Battle of the Gods, I think Mystic Gohan is the most powerful being, period. With the possible exception of Vegito.

Edit: Speaking of which, if anyone deserves to beat the purple shit down this time, its Vegita. Dude literally took everything from him. Let him own it, Akira.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Akira fucking hates Vegeta, he'd probably kill him off again before he let Vegeta clear Frieza (Extreme)

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm aware of this.

Doesn't make what I said any less true. He deserves it.

I would love to see Vegita win the fight. And then do a little cry/scream scene. Would make Vegita's character grow 10 fold. But hell, Japanese wouldn't think of something like that D;

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    New trailer for this movie makes it seem like this Frieza is from a different dimension and has a new form. They showed Bills and that other dude too.
    I literally watched Battle of the Gods for the first time the other day and Bills said they were currently in the 7th universe and there are 12 total. In you saying this, I see an amazing loophole.

If it's Frieza from another dimension then he wouldn't know about these Saijin unless he is crossing dimensions to kill them all... but then why care... and then wouldn't other dimension goku be stronger also? fuuuuuuuuuu

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going that route, I completely see them going the variable timestream route.

Goku beating Freiza was a combination of various events that, if thrown out of whack, would mean him not beating said villain. Piccolo not helping with Raditz, letting Krillin kill Vegeta, fucking anything involving Ginyu, etc.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast