BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All he did was go super saiyan lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

So the new marketing scheme is to make Goku look like a bitch.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Maybe he's taking some criticism to heart that everyone's invalidated constantly when Goku does all the work, lol. Maybe not, considering how little screen time others still get when fighting. Gohan in the last movie?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just makes me sad, Gohan goes from the hero of the Cell arc to little bitch in damn near everything else.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He was straight boss in the Buu saga too, just went all fucking Vegeta and let himself get schooled.

That's where I stopped watching so if you're referring to some other shit (that doesn't count anyway) then idk.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Last movie, he was also a weenie in GT.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The idea of them still trying to squeeze the entire cast into the movie is a bit tired out though; as well as giving them insignificant screen time in order to try and keep them relevant [for fans of said characters].

Perhaps constantly best exemplified by Gohan. Every new material always pulls him into the equation as to why he's such a pansy/useless. Unfortunately even in the Buu saga he was primarily the same besides that overpowered moment vs Buu for that one quick fight which cemented him as badass, if only for 1.5 episodes. I don't deny he was very cool there (especially topped with Goku's outfit), but it's just a shame it does not last.

Had his fight with Gotenks!Buu be just underhanded rather than complete floor wipe I think would've helped justifying him to be relevant more in new material. Or including him in the final fight in place of Fat Buu to hold off Kid Buu.

The Gold Frieza is OK.... besides Beerus any new villain/baddie post DBZ looks like a complete joke. Even Frieza looks OK in this movie until the new form, but at least it's only somewhat a palette swap lol

I think what was said earlier in this thread needs to happen. Is that Vegeta needs this kill. Also, it's hard to tell if Goku is using semi-god mode or just doing his normal(I'll fight you through stages of Normal > SSJ > SSJ2 > SSJ3) crap.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Oh boy, Gohan goes super sayain when apparently mystic whatever was suppose to have suppressed that ability and made him stronger in the process.. I wonder what shit storm this will spark on the internet.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

I think it was said a few times he can still go Super Saiyan, it just doesn't do anything for him (or at least it's not supposed to). Mystic gives him access to all his latent power without having to transform (so he's stronger than SS3 without having to go through transformations).

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He's probably too weak to go mystic, lol.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Inshiya View Post
    I think it was said a few times he can still go Super Saiyan, it just doesn't do anything for him (or at least it's not supposed to). Mystic gives him access to all his latent power without having to transform (so he's stronger than SS3 without having to go through transformations).
    This. Basically SSj would just be a palette-swap. His full power is already unlocked, so it's like having a 10GT nuke inside a bullet and then expecting a larger yield because you put 10GT in a bomb.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Between this movie and the last one, they've gotten really lazy with the new forms lol.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Between this movie and the last one, they've gotten really lazy with the new forms lol.
    I agree. Too many eyebrows, not enough long, flowy golden hair!

Gohan might not go SSJ in the actual film. In the trailers and promotional pictures for BotG he was SSJ but the animators fucked up and ultimately he remained "mystic" during his fight scenes.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    I'm rewatching DBZ from start to finish. Am up to early Buu saga and somethings been bugging me. Why don't Goten and Trunks have tails? I don't remember or not if all the group knew or even understood the whole Moon aspect of it(Plus it's gone)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    As far as I remember, it's never stated, even in the mangas. Common assumptions are they continually cut them off, like what Piccolo did to Gohan, and eventually they stopped growing, or its a recessive trait that not all 1/2 Saiyins will have.
    There are no need for assumptions. Toriyama is not the best writer. Nothing more, nothing less. Having tails/oozaru transformation stopped becoming relevant to the series when ssj became a thing (hell, even Kaio ken makes oozaru obselete since it's only x10 multiplier. Goku could go way higher than that). Once everyone started going ssj, there was no longer any need for oozaru and they weren't relevant to the story (as kid goten or trunks with x10 power is still going to get stopped by anyone vs Goku or Gohan in their respective ape sagas with x10 power actually being a threat).

Once something is no longer relevant, they stop using it. Notice zenkai (saiyans getting stronger after being defeated) also stopped after ssj transformation (well it stopped for Saiyans. It was relevant with Cell, but it was never mentioned for any of the main cast again after what? Vegeta vs Ginyu Goku?)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tangentially related:

and

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung