Closed Thread
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is Broly not canon? I expected a quip or something at least referencing it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Most movies including Broly are non canon. Not actually sure which ones are canon but it´s only a few. Soda will prolly know.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

None of them are canon. If they weren't talked about in the manga/series, it never happened.

DBS is the exception here as the manga has taken a different route than the series.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Battle of the Gods and Revival of Freeza are canon, since those obviously have carried on into Super.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

About the 700 episode thingy if it's real they need to make a naruto crossover with the ninja ostrich

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Battle of the Gods and Revival of Freeza are canon, since those obviously have carried on into Super.
    They're not canon either, as they were replaced by the in-series versions, which have some notable differences.

The only sticking point is RoF in the manga continuity, since it was skipped, so we kno't know exactly which version of RoF (or neither) is canon to it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Rof manga part was skipped since Toyotaro already drew those pages w/ Resurrection F when it was first being released

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    They're actually not. They WERE considered canon before super came out. Any differences between super and the movies are considered retconned.

For example, in the movie, they asked about Tarble when looking for the final saiyan for Goku's ssjgod transformation. This mention/easter egg was removed completely from Dragon Ball Super, as he is a non canon character. They also limited Beerus power in the movie, by saying he's using like 70% of his power Goku. I'm pretty sure this line was also removed from Super.

Coño the U6 saiyans are so god damn corny with their tingly back bullshit. Kale is wack too. I'd much rather Broly who isn't some fucking confused yandere.
    It's no worse than our timeline Goten/Trunks ssj transformation, lol. As far as Kale goes, still a better character than "whaaaaaaaaaa Goku cried when he was an infant. I guess I gotta hate him for life now" Broly was a really shit character, lol.

Saying that feels pedantic as shit but that's DBZ fans for ya. Yeah there are differences but considering you can watch the movies and not the series and not lose anything is telling.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

For general story telling purposes, yeah, but when trying to discuss details of the show, like people saying Goku and Vegeta have to be close to Beerus in power now, the movies will make you flat out wrong in a lot of discussions.

From the sense of "Beerus came to Earth. Goku achieved ssjgod, they had a battle. Now Whis and Beerus stick around Earth for good food", sure, that would be correct.

If you want to argue the specifics of something that isn't very well defined and basically being made up as it goes along I guess that's fair. Different strokes and all.

If you asked me how strong Goku is the only realistic answer is "as strong as he needs to be."

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

They did say in super after the fight that beerus wasn't at full power and used some % I believe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    They did say in super after the fight that beerus wasn't at full power and used some % I believe.
    Not a %, but when Whis was traveling back to their home with Beerus he said (from the subs I have):
    Whis: "While fighting Goku, you said you were using 100% of your power. You lied to him to bring forth his full power, didn't you?"
    Beerus: "Oh, you found out."

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I actually thought it was Whis saying something to the effect of, "It was clever of you to pretend you were using close to your full power Lord Beerus" meaning we still don't have any idea of how strong he actually is.

Edit: Motherfucker. Slow

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I knew there was a line that said not full power and a percentage but I wasn't sure how it was used, thanks.

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

Everyone knows Beerus wasn't using full power, but the surprise on everyone's face when Goku goes blue during the demonstration tournament, and Beerus's shock when Goku goes KaokinX10 is obviously there to show that they're getting close to/past GoD strength. Also with Frieza being able to evade/control the destruction orb.

They're still no where near Angel strength, and Zeno is just a flat out "Delete" button.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whatever new transformation Goku gets to match Jiren is probably going to finally put Goku on level of the Gods of Destruction. After that,

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I don't even think Jiren is going to be the biggest competition here tbh.

Dragonball likes to mislead. If they've been hyping up Jiren this long, there's at least one sleeper, stronger than him that hasn't been revealed yet.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For some reason I have this weird feeling that in the end Zeno is going to end up being the child of some higher level God's from another plane of existence that sent him to this plane for being bad as a punishment. The parents come to take him back and they apologize for him erasing shit and they undo everything.

As far as that last episode went, I really want to see Hit v Jiren so bad right now...
    Also lol Ginyu Force v2.0

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Kale wasn't actually eliminated right? Wonder why she's still there unless she's gonna come into play again later.

Closed Thread
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast