BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Because it was filler lol

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

May have just assumed 2/3, but it would make sense (seeing that there's an odd number of fighters and this is a competition, so have to determine a winner somehow)

But from episode descriptions it goes from Buu vs Basil to Gohan vs Lavenda.

No Buu vs Lavenda and no Basil vs Gohan, so from that can easily assume that it's not the same format as the last tourney where one person just stays on until defeated

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Looks like its individual 1v1 show matches.

Spoilers for 79 and 80 ep summaries.

Spoiler: show
    February 19th: "Universe 9's Kicker Basil vs Universe 7's Majin Buu!!"
    The showdown between Majin Buu and Universe 9's Basil in the first round of the Omni-Present Match has begun. Basil's kick techniques connect one after the other, and Universe 9's Kaioshin is certain of his victory, but Buu hasn't taken any damage.

February 26th: "Awaken the Dormant Fighting Spirit! Son Gohan's Battle!!"
    The second round of the Omni-Present Match. Facing off against Universe 9's Lavenda, Gohan is sprayed in the face with poison mist and loses his eyesight. Unable even to sense his opponent's ki, Gohan is one-sidedly beaten around, but...

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Please let Gohan lose.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's pretty much 2/3 with the matches being set beforehand. If one universe wins the first two fights its pretty much over. We can either expect Buu or Gohan to lose but based on some spoilers

Gohan might loose because Lavenda sprays Gohan in the eyes and he goes blind

But to be honest, I wouldn't doubt that both Buu and Gohan win and Omni King declares Universe 9 the loser, however Goku being Goku steps in because he still wants to fight and tells the Omni King that he'll forfeit their wins for a clean slate at a sudden death match against Universe 9's last opponent.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

eh, that'd be pretty dumb. Gohan or Buu needs to lose.

If we just come and shit on u9 with only one of our star fighters and 2 of the benchwarmers, it really doesn't speak for the level of competition that will be coming to this tournament

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Unless U9 isn't putting up its best contenders either. It's only three of their ten participants, who knows if doggos are their aces?

And with 10 participants for each Universe, this will either be one of the longer arcs of the show, or a lot of matches will be decided off-screen/in-montage. I'm thinking the latter.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I expect focus on U7 matches and a lot of other ones being blowouts or offscreened.

Since no universe is going to be erased because of this 3 vs 3 results, I guess the whole point of this mini-tournament will be to showcase Boo (for those who forgot how "he works") and to motivate Gohan to train once again.

I'm also expecting some sort of time skip before the real tournament begins, because Gohan need that training and they need to re-introduce No.17 and have him training as well.

Also, there's the matter of "Why Universe 9?" that was tossed around the last episode.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Do 17 and 18's power level fluctuate? For whatever reason, I just figured that because they were humans that got cyborged up, that was the cause of their power. So despite possibly not having trained for some odd years their power level would more or less be the same as before.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Do 17 and 18's power level fluctuate? For whatever reason, I just figured that because they were humans that got cyborged up, that was the cause of their power. So despite possibly not having trained for some odd years their power level would more or less be the same as before.
    Toriyama has confirmed in an interview that since they're cyborgs and not androids, that they can get stronger w/ training

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That makes sense. I was mainly asking if they would get weaker but being cyborgs I figured no.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I just see no reason for Z fighters to not go 3/3 on the fights. It's just a match to show future King wtf a tournament is. This is for fun, and warm up. We still need to gather the team too, don't forget. Just sit back and let it happen.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You say it's for fun, but their Kaioshin looks as sinister as fuck lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I just wanna see goku pop SSB for a bit and watch all of the GoD's lose their collective shit in the show match.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Or not, and there are many other god characters in other universes.

Inc Legendary SS is god level.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

I think there's a difference between the compressed/un-leaked god ki vs overwhelming strength/ki reserve like Golden Freiza or theoretically Cell absorbing every living being in the universe.

God Ki is efficiency and Power is just the size of gas tank.

Both Champa and Zamasu noticed the "divine ki" and were surprised.

You see it in Vegeta vs Cabba when he goes SSB, and Zamasu with the whole godtube thing.