BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: payment issues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

payment issues

So after having my card work since I've had it tonight randomly SE decided not to accept it anymore and cancelled all my characters and sent me an email telling me to reactivate. I try and then it just says error talk to customer service. So question is it worth wasting my time with customer service tomorrow or am I screwed?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Which error? 401 or 601? If so, that's Global Collect not liking your card for some reason, or because here were multiple charges in the same day. If you get that error, they lock the account for 24 hours, added each time you try, and maxing out at 30 days.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...yment-problems

That thread, and one on the FFXIV forums say the issue has been around for months. It's complicated by them removing PayPal (and UltimatePay) at the end of September, and some people simply do not have a card that GlobalCollect likes, so have been unable to pay at all to keep their subscription active. SE has said they plan to fix the problem, but that was in October, and it has been silence since. I find it pretty amazing and appaling that they have allowed such a thing to happen that they cannot accept legitimate payment from legitimate customers for more than a month, and haven't given a way for those players to continue to play while SE fixes the problem (so that linkshells don't fall apart and more players quit, causing them to lose even more money).

Magitek

I got this a few days ago too, error 401 and 601 (401 trying to buy crysta, 601 trying to set up auto pay from credit card). I had to call up SE and they were able to lift the "suspicious activity" hold they put on my card, even though I explained that I've been using the same card for over 3 years. I have 3 different SE accounts, i think if you try to pay more than 3 it triggers the stupid flag. As long as you have everything in order, they'll be able to fix it for you Dasva

also, when you call SE make sure you go to the website and make a ticket (fill out as much as you can on the form so they ask you less)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it was 401. And weird it suddenly not liking it. And there has been no charges to the card in several days. Holy shit 30 days though wtf kind of BS is that? That's gotta be the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Yeah I ended up just using my credit card instead and that worked

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Magitek View Post
    I got this a few days ago too, error 401 and 601 (401 trying to buy crysta, 601 trying to set up auto pay from credit card). I had to call up SE and they were able to lift the "suspicious activity" hold they put on my card, even though I explained that I've been using the same card for over 3 years. I have 3 different SE accounts, i think if you try to pay more than 3 it triggers the stupid flag. As long as you have everything in order, they'll be able to fix it for you Dasva

also, when you call SE make sure you go to the website and make a ticket (fill out as much as you can on the form so they ask you less)
    Everyone I have heard of suddenly getting the error on a card that worked previously has been from running 2-3 different SE transactions on the card in the same day, such as reactivating their account and then trying to buy a world transfer. Each failed attempt seems to add 24 hours to the timer, until 7 days is totaled, then the next puts a 30 day block on that card for any GlobalCollect transaction. Some banks also don't like GlobalCollect, and will cause the card to fail and generate that error. The removal of PayPal as an option is really hurting some linkshells.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Everyone I have heard of suddenly getting the error on a card that worked previously has been from running 2-3 different SE transactions on the card in the same day, such as reactivating their account and then trying to buy a world transfer. Each failed attempt seems to add 24 hours to the timer, until 7 days is totaled, then the next puts a 30 day block on that card for any GlobalCollect transaction. Some banks also don't like GlobalCollect, and will cause the card to fail and generate that error. The removal of PayPal as an option is really hurting some linkshells.
    You've now hear of one that isn't. This was my first transaction of any kind on that card in about a week. Also why in the world would some company deny you for making more than 1 transaction a day? That's is so unrealistic it's not funny. Sounds like SE found a company to use for transactions that's even more backward than them

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Nah nvm

I'm looking at reactivating next month though, so thanks for the heads up that billing hasn't gotten any better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And now they've done the same thing with my other account...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/39...401/3/#2730959

According to that thread, the block is inconsistent, in both being able to bypass it, and in triggering it. Someone said they heard from a higher tier support department at SE that the block is "secret" but triggers from repeated transactions on the same account in a certain period of time, maybe up to 7 days. The block can also be from SE's bank, not from GlobalCollect.