+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cursna Testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Cursna Testing

I don't know where to post this, it doesn't provide specifics but just proves a cap or some wrong values provided by an outside source.

Nivlakian and I tested cursna enhancing and cursna received items, a very small sample because this test is terrible. Can confirm that either the values posted on these items are incorrect, or their is a cap on cursna.

I noticed a bunch of values had been provided on the FFXIAH pages of items that were supposedly provided by the FF11 Premium Guide 2013, the values relevant to this test are;

Enhanced Cursna effect
    Haoma's Ring = +15%
    Theophany Pantaloons = +15%
    Hieros Mittens = +10%
    Malison Medallion = +10%
    Gende. Galoshes = Unknown
    Mending Cape = Unknown

Enhance Cursna Received
    Saida Ring = +15%
    Eshmun's Ring = +20%

We used all of these items, as well as 2 of the Haoma's Rings. All of these values that were provided by the FF11 Premium Guide would indicate we already had 100%, plus 2 items that we don't know would have put us over that as well as whatever the base rate is. However, this did not happen, after going 3/3, the 4th doom had 2 cursna fail, indicating most likely incorrect values or a cap, hard to say which might be the case. The gear does make a noticeable difference, but its such a horrible pain to make a sample of, and disappointing that it likely caps.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think the cap on gear was 45%, unknown if cursna received stacks with this. Excluding whatever % you get from healing magic skill. I remember the 45% gear cap thrown around from some JP source though, can't remember where.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it's probably on JPwiki somewhere from a Famitsu interview or something similar

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, BG-Wiki is very lacking on the subject, and i don't go to JPwiki for information so i figured i would try it out. Whatever the base is, plus the gear cap, and what you potentially get from skill, if that stacks with received gear as well, we should still be able to get relatively close to 100% though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, I'm most interested in if cursna received stacks with the cursna gear cap.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

definitely nothing wrong with sharing the information and doing the testing~ you're certainly not alone by not checking JPWiki for stuff, most don't, so having the information out there for the English side is appreciated.

If cursna received works anything like cure potency received, then it's multiplicative with cursna potency.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Where are we getting the 45% Cursna potency cap from? I can't seem to find it indicated anywhere.

JP wiki doesn't seem to imply any caps or restrictions exist in terms of stacking potency and potency received.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

http://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/...e-whm-guide/6/ this is the only source I could find on it, but I swear I've seen it mentioned elsewhere too. 2nd last post

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it possibly that the gear isn't adding that much chance to remove the doom so much as increases what your base would be by that much? So having +100% doesn't give you 100% rate but doubles your chances? Also could it be possibly that received is factored separately? Kind of like how cure pot and cure pot received are?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Dasva beat me to it. I think it's multiplicative, its not adding the cursna potency % to the base, just increasing the base by the % on the gear. If the base is 20% the +100% cursna effect from gear increases cursna potency to 40%. Similar to how 5/5 feint +100% increases treasure hunter proc BY 100% not TO 100%.

Doom is supposed to be a terribly inconvenient status effect so if it was 100% removable on the first Cursna it would be virtually a non issue. Yeah it sucks carrying that gear around but Matsui said he wants players to prep jobs/gear/items for content moving forward so its not just "one gear set fits all content". If you know your enemy uses doom, prep with cursna gear. I also cant help but wonder if all dooms are equal or if some are more resistent to Cursna, but this would be annoying to test.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It definitely isn't cumulatively additive. Testing on Xibalba, no where near the 70% success rate that i should be getting. Or it may be additive and just really caps at 45% all around. So far, under a 50% success rate.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm ~90% sure that not all dooms are equal. I have a very good chance of curing dooms from things like Mortal Ray before it wears off on Red Mage, but I haven't been able to cure Tiiimbeeer's or Yama's Judgment doom (even taking into account YJ's lower count) on my own, ever.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cursna Testing

So far, looking at a 22~23% rate of successful Cursna with 55% potency from gear + 2 undocumented pieces (Gendewitha boots and Mending Cape) + 411 healing skill. So... it doesn't seem to add the exact value. Even with relatively low sample sizes that's apparent.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    So far, looking at a 22~23% rate of successful Cursna with 55% potency from gear + 2 undocumented pieces (Gendewitha boots and Mending Cape) + 411 healing skill. So... it doesn't seem to add the exact value. Even with relatively low sample sizes that's apparent.
    Thats so much worse then i thought.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

THe rate of removing Xibalba's Endoom + Aura doom and Vunkerl Tauri Mortal Ray appears to be about the same. Again, not massive sample sizes, but still. A 60%+ rate of cursna removal would be apparent by now, and I'm at almost 1/3 of that.

I'm starting to think that it may be something completely shit, like x * 1.y = z, where x = base cursna chance + skill, y = % in gear, z = final rate

skill seems to have very minute effects at that.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As far as I know, the only piece of gear with an explicit number (WHM 119 AF pants) doesn't have a % attached to it.

It's just "Cursna" +15, not "Cursna" +15%. It's also possible it adds 15 to some formula that calculates Cursna chances. (Maybe Cursna is like an Macc check and it's adding 15 Macc or something, I don't know)

Testing should at least show if it's a multiple to the base rate or not.

(Admittedly, SE is inconsistent with this, as I think MNK 119 AF body is Chakra +62 when it's 62% enhanced chakra)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

none of the pieces of gear that they've started showing hidden values on have a %

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    none of the pieces of gear that they've started showing hidden values on have a %
    Right, which is sort of my point. They're all just numbers, and some of them are raw numbers, and some of them are %.

I don't see anything pointing to Cursna being one or the other.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Every 119 AF piece that uses raw numbers on a stat that traditionally used percentages are still percentages.

Look at Red Mage hands (enhancing magic duration), Bard feet (song duration), Beastmaster feet (Reward potency), or Samurai feet (Zanshin probability). They're all percentage increases despite being shown as raw numbers.

Only stats on the 119 that have never been represented as percentages on items are raw numbers, such as Dark Knight hands (Weapon Bash damage), Samurai head (Meditate duration), and Paladin feet (Holy Circle potency/duration).

Enhances Cursna falls into the former on the 119 piece, so it's a percentage increase.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Every 119 AF piece that uses raw numbers on a stat that traditionally used percentages are still percentages.

Look at Red Mage hands (enhancing magic duration), Bard feet (song duration), Beastmaster feet (Reward potency), or Samurai feet (Zanshin probability). They're all percentage increases despite being shown as raw numbers.

Only stats on the 119 that have never been represented as percentages on items are raw numbers, such as Dark Knight hands (Weapon Bash damage), Samurai head (Meditate duration), and Paladin feet (Holy Circle potency/duration).

Enhances Cursna falls into the former on the 119 piece, so it's a percentage increase.

What other gear has a Cursna enhancement that's represented as a % increase? As far as I know, the WHM 119 legs are the *only* piece that has a number attached, rather than just "Enhances Cursna" and no number.

As such, I don't know how you can assert that "Enhances Cursna is a stat that traditionally used percentages", because as far as I can tell, it's traditionally used *nothing*. (And I haven't seen the testing to support that the old pieces were a % increase)