Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

A shame. Best looking gacha out there. Some of the earlier missteps did irreparable damage though and this is where we're at now.

This upsets me. The game isn't perfect, but SE is one of the few companies out there that could at least keep the service afloat even if its profitability was no longer there. Artistically, as others have noted, it's pretty good. Some of the early storytelling is kinda meh, but I'd say it eventually found its legs and Wol is probably one of my favorite FF protagonists because of it all, with Echo just being fun support.

So, fuck off "games as a service" and all this shit that just lets companies yank away the players' time and effort at whim.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It is a eye opening reminder that no matter the quality of the game or the company behind it, Games as a Service can just shut down whenever they want and all your time work and money goes poof.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One issue I had was the magicite prices but at the same time you could farm 20k magicite per month. So I feel a decline in playerbase plus prices being stagnant and being able to farm the currency very easily prob made it worse on SE in the long term.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I didn't play for more than a week or so because it just absolutely melted my phone, but I did really like the game. I thought it looked and played great, sad to hear it is shutting down.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't know why they wouldn't just salvage it into an offline game for $10-20, or give to anyone who put money into it at any point. Of the 10 hours I touched it, I don't recall it doing much with the server other than tracking your collection and the odd asynchronous social thing.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hell SE even made this game canon for Tidus going from X to X-2 when he awakens in the ocean. And the recent FF8 event last year was neat too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Clearly SE Forgot the Law of Palamecia.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

just wanted you all to know that this game actually has its own category in the new Final Fantasy Theatrhythm game coming out tomorrow

ahh the classic tunes of Final Fantasy Mobius that we all know and love so well.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think I recall a few bangers in their boss music but thats about it lol

Yeah, there were some remixes that were decent.