+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Is it rare? I've killed him, but didn't get one. I'll need to go kill some more. I have a fuckload of Cockatrice cards and Lich cards :/
    Shouldn't be too rare, its 2*. I got lucky and got it while going through the chapter.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

No, I don't have the Mobius box.

Edit: oh, it's only 2*? It's possible I did get it then and never thought about it. Both Cockatrice and Greater Lich cards are 3* naturally, I assumed it was possible to find a natural 3* ranger card that I missed somewhere since the other two classes have them for their missing element.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What score did you get? As long as I get 150000+ i always get a total of x6.
    Usually around 40-50k. One time I did almost 90k, but the modifier has never gone over 2.25. I think I'm going to try to stick with RNG though, I'm really liking it.

EDIT: Best so far is 99,259 and modifier is still 2.25, no where close to 6.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Heard the coliseum fields song and realized it was definitely a remix of another FF song.

:3

Dat FFXIII x FFV remix though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

1) What do the yellow icons next to some cards' ability level mean? I've seen one that looks like a wifi signal and one that looks like a star.

edit: nvm, I'm pretty sure it means cone/aoe abilty >.>

2) I got the 3*+ fenrir, which comes with its ability level at 6, but the 3 bonus 'trait' boxes on the ability are greyed out. What's the deal there? Holding on them says they require ability lv 2/4/6.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I read something on the wiki, and I'm wondering if there's any truth to it. I haven't noticed it myself, but I haven't been augmenting heavily.

Once any card has been augmented, if it is found without summoning, it will always appear in its augmented form. For example, Dust Soldier (Fire) is a 1★ Card found early in Chapter 1. If it is augmented using two Fiery Gems, it grows to 2★. Whenever a player obtains a new Dust Soldier (Fire), it will always be at 2★.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    1) What do the yellow icons next to some cards' ability level mean? I've seen one that looks like a wifi signal and one that looks like a star.

edit: nvm, I'm pretty sure it means cone/aoe abilty >.>

2) I got the 3*+ fenrir, which comes with its ability level at 6, but the 3 bonus 'trait' boxes on the ability are greyed out. What's the deal there? Holding on them says they require ability lv 2/4/6.
    You have to use the abilities in battle to get the traits. Eventually they'll unlock.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

@Purrrfect: Those are passive abilities/traits. They eventually unlock. You can click/hover over to see the bonus. 4 star cards can break 9999 cap, usually is the last passive. You can use the light bulb card in Fusion to unlock them.

@Uzor: I believe it's a chance to drop, not exclusively drops. So the Dust Soldier could drop a 1 or 2 star. The higher the rating, the less likely it is to drop.

https://koukoupuffs.net/2015/08/05/m...ral-faq/#misc3

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

the chances of getting below 2* (or if you augment to 3*, then 3*) is extremely low tho. the chance of receiving the upgraded version of the card is extremely high.

dark knight get

Started augmenting cards since the question came up about improving default drops. Seems to be true, but shit can get expensive fast. Getting 1 augment component for probably every 5 boss fights doesn't exactly help matters, either.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I've spent all of today farming bosses to upgrade trash cards just because I can, haha. I went through 3 elixirs trying to get the ingredients to upgrade Dust Ripper to 3 so I can augment Griffon's ability. Now I've spent another 3 elixirs to get Griffon from rank 1 to rank 3 <.<;

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yeah, I've spent all of today farming bosses to upgrade trash cards just because I can, haha. I went through 3 elixirs trying to get the ingredients to upgrade Dust Ripper to 3 so I can augment Griffon's ability. Now I've spent another 3 elixirs to get Griffon from rank 1 to rank 3 <.<;
    I'm literally in the process of upgrading the same card. I've got so many treant cards - maybe they'll be useful for a mage job.

On an unrelated note - I used my summon tickets to get a job card and got a fucking Ranger card. Sooooooo mad.

Once you augment your cards to a certain level the next time they drop they'll almost always be the same star as your augmented card. I have yet to see 1* Dust Rippers since upgrading to 2.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It looks like most people drew Ranger. My griffon is at 5 now at least.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

It looks like most people drew Ranger. My griffon is at 5 now at least.
    So when I get Dust Ripper to Lv3 what do I do afterwards? Farm more Dust Rippers and fuse them to Griffon?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, at lvl 4 you need exactly 5 for 100%. After that you fuse 3 together to get lvl on each one to get a 100% with 5 dust rippers at lvl 2. At lvl 5 each dust ripper gives a 5% chance, do you can either try your luck at a 25% success rate, spend ability tickets, or upgrade each dust ripper to lvl 2, 3 or 4 for an increased chance. At lvl 5 with capped seed lvl it costs 11 tickets to get it to lvl 6, so it might be worth it to skip the farming.

Getting it up to lvl 4 is rather easy, past that it's a pain. Getting it to 8 will be hell.

Edit: seems I was wrong. It's 10% per from 5 > 6 too.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Yeah, at lvl 4 you need exactly 5 for 100%. After that you fuse 3 together to get lvl on each one to get a 100% with 5 dust rippers at lvl 2. At lvl 5 each dust ripper gives a 5% chance, do you can either try your luck at a 25% success rate, spend ability tickets, or upgrade each dust ripper to lvl 2, 3 or 4 for an increased chance. At lvl 5 with capped seed lvl it costs 11 tickets to get it to lvl 6, so it might be worth it to skip the farming.

Getting it up to lvl 4 is rather easy, past that it's a pain. Getting it to 8 will be hell.

Edit: seems I was wrong. It's 10% per from 5 > 6 too.
    Geez... It's probably best not to play those odds and just farm the the necessary amount. Are drop rates higher on hard mode?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

There's a thread on reddit that discusses the difference between the starter jobs vs the shop jobs.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/co...er_than_their/

TL;DR they are actually not that different until panel 4 but after its a HUGE difference. Here is a stat comparison between maxed Dark Knight obtained from Onion Knight vs max Dark Knight pulled from the store with the same weapon and without its job evolution or better weapons. The pulled jobs also get access to much better skills for progression and specialization.

Cactuar land is soooo good. Feels good to just set 2x battle speed, quick rental, and auto battle and clear the top half for massive rewards without much effort.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

do adamantoises spawn for bosses on the map? I keep getting killer mantis as the floating boss but I need shells

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Adamantoise spawns in Ch1 as a roaming boss.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So is it worth it to draw Job Cards or are we getting a better banner at another time? I know in the JP version you could get repeats, but you also got 6 cards with it... (At least I recall that in the FF7 banner). Or are we permanently going to have a 3k, 1 Card banner for jobs?

Also a secondary question, Theres no Multi-draws in these banners, and I know we'll get more soon but are they all going to be the incredibly expensive single cards at max level

Edit: I'm just going to wait until they add Thief on the 13th.