Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    There's a thread on reddit that discusses the difference between the starter jobs vs the shop jobs.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/co...er_than_their/

TL;DR they are actually not that different until panel 4 but after its a HUGE difference. Here is a stat comparison between maxed Dark Knight obtained from Onion Knight vs max Dark Knight pulled from the store with the same weapon and without its job evolution or better weapons. The pulled jobs also get access to much better skills for progression and specialization.

Cactuar land is soooo good. Feels good to just set 2x battle speed, quick rental, and auto battle and clear the top half for massive rewards without much effort.
    Did the same thing and managed to get all the gold cactuar spots plus a few metal cactuars before running out of time. Got about 230k in one run.

Is there any way to farm elixirs? All this farming has destroyed my stockpile.

Lastly where does everyone farm skillseeds? Maxing out jobs past 3rd panel requires an astronomical amount of seeds.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It depends. The best way to do it is on hard mode against something you can kill easily and get high score.

For example, as Ranger, use cards with max seed level that has a lot of the seeds you need (mainly; Wind > Earth > Water in that order), and then turn on Hard Mode and go to an area that has as many stages as possible with as low stamina cost as possible in the range of yellow to orange difficulty (you can do red too but it's a bit harder and takes longer, up to you though) with preferably plenty of Earth enemies. That way you can both get strong against their element, and do bonus damage with Wind for quick and easy kill.

Always try and Break them, and try to use as many Wind attacks against them as possible when they are to raise your score. Using this method you always get at least a 6x Seed Bonus. Personally that nets me at least 300 Wind and roughly 72 Earth/Water per round.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Dat FFXIII x FFV remix though.
    The music is amazing.

It's just as you mentioned. I especially love how this has the flavor of both FF5 and FF13 in it.. and that overclock tune lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Music is definitely one thing SE consistently hits right out of the park, every single time. Even their mobile games have amazing music. They have great composers working for them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone know where to fight the golem that drops the Ranger ability Earthdance?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The only place to farm Golems is in Adept Arena.

Which sucks since you need a lot of their emet stones for augments.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Man this warrior ice ability is a real treat to farm for. 1/7 chance for the boss I need to even show up in Master arena, then around a 33% chance for the card to drop at all. Then it's a 50% chance to raise the ability level from 1 to 2, 30% 2 to 3, etc etc.

kill me

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    The only place to farm Golems is in Adept Arena.
    I went through Adept Arena didn't even see one golem. This is the only place to farm for the Ranger earth ability?

The bosses rotate, so yeah, it's possible you won't see it in a run.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Golems are a boss on the second map mission Runic lvl 1. Top right corner of the map

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Stone doesn't drop from those though unfortunately, only the Mighty Golem boss in arena

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Then it's a 50% chance to raise the ability level from 1 to 2, 30% 2 to 3, etc etc.

kill me
    You do know you can increase those odds by fusing more than one at time, yes?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also they go up naturally as you use them from what i remember.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Well yeah duh, but that doesn't make it any less of a fucking piece of shit to farm for when the chance of the boss that DROPS the card isn't even a guarantee, let alone the card dropping from the boss when it actually does spawn. Being able to fuse 3-4 of the disproportionately rare cards at once in order to increase the rates doesn't make it any less of a piece of shit or pain in the ass.

Meanwhile you have mages complaining on reddit and shit about "only having 3 farmable elements". Meanwhile us Warriors and Rogues sitting over here drowning in a river of their tears while attempting to farm our 1 or 2 possible farmable elements (1 of which for me requires spending magicite (: )

Right now it's about 1 Imperial Lich card for every 75-80 stamina, or 1 card every 6-7 hours

At this point I'm just going to hold on to whatever few lich cards I get and use them to upgrade the not piece of shit card coming with Ch3

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then I'd highly recommend you equip them and grind out some Skill seeds instead (Or continue doing the Arena with them equipped if you can beat it with them). That way they'll level up by themselves if your luck is shit :D. One at a time since you seem to be after all 3...

Its a shit grind for sure, I'm not bothering with them since I don't know how strong they are compared to other summoned cards.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He's grinding them to level up the ability level, which can only be done with cards with that abilities name, which are only available there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know what he's doing and I know why he's doing it. what I was suggestion was to equip them as well because the Ability level (Determines Damage/Break Power) goes up with use.

But It doesn't though like I thought it did in the JP Version(which I'm sure it didn't I'm just remembering something wrong), as i double checked my Byakko Card which is one I bought not at full, and its still at 1/6.

I knew what I was attempting to say, I was just wrong about it :I

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Basically here's my life right now:

Dark Knight
    Fire - Ares, Ifrit, or Geryon; can't level any cards to 3* to fuse into these without buying at least 500-1000 magicite worth of cash shop materials because Idol heads (Magma cores) arent in the game yet, otherwise costs 36 ability cards

Ice - Imperial Lich; excessively difficult to farm to the point where it isn't worth it

Wind - There are no wind warrior cards atm

Knight
    Shares Fire and Wind

Earth - Jormungand, Onion Knight; Only reliably farmable ones since the mobs are trash and all the materials drop in the game. Pain in the ass still cause it takes an Arena-only boss rare drop but still better than Lich

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Man this warrior ice ability is a real treat to farm for. 1/7 chance for the boss I need to even show up in Master arena, then around a 33% chance for the card to drop at all. Then it's a 50% chance to raise the ability level from 1 to 2, 30% 2 to 3, etc etc.

kill me
    I pretty much said screw it and ability ticket boosted it. 35 tickets to take from 1 > 6. With how many of the ability tickets they throw at you, i'll deal with upgrade without heavy farming.

Now I need to find a fire rouge card and a wind warrior card