+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there a Ranger Fire ability that comes out in Ch.3? Or even one that exists now and I haven't noticed? I pulled Hunter from the job summon and I like it a lot. The only thing I hate about it is that it switches the earth orbs from the normal ranger to fire.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To be fair, ranger don't really have an Earth ability to speak of as-is. Only the golem one which costs 8 orbs and is AoE and a pain to upgradre.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, so, I got my Mighty Golem to 3*. Went back into the augment menu to see what I should do next. Looks like Mighty Golem can't go any higher than 3* because it doesn't light up as an option I can choose. And obviously it's not 3*+, just 3*.

I was looking at some other abilities that are already 3* and they all need something called Growstars to upgrade to 4*. I have one, but that's it. Where do I farm those?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Ok, so, I got my Mighty Golem to 3*. Went back into the augment menu to see what I should do next. Looks like Mighty Golem can't go any higher than 3* because it doesn't light up as an option I can choose. And obviously it's not 3*+, just 3*.

I was looking at some other abilities that are already 3* and they all need something called Growstars to upgrade to 4*. I have one, but that's it. Where do I farm those?
    Pretty sure you can't. There's one in the monthly gift box and maybe more will come from events/future story updates.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just fought the cockatrice (fight 2) on my 40 mage and won with 22hp left lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Reminder two days until PuPu event starts and it ends on september 16. Along with the event we also get Dark Knight, Thief, and Black Mage added to the job shop, you can also buy a limited time echo swimsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Basically here's my life right now:

Dark Knight
    Fire - Ares, Ifrit, or Geryon; can't level any cards to 3* to fuse into these without buying at least 500-1000 magicite worth of cash shop materials because Idol heads (Magma cores) arent in the game yet, otherwise costs 36 ability cards

Ice - Imperial Lich; excessively difficult to farm to the point where it isn't worth it

Wind - There are no wind warrior cards atm

Knight
    Shares Fire and Wind

Earth - Jormungand, Onion Knight; Only reliably farmable ones since the mobs are trash and all the materials drop in the game. Pain in the ass still cause it takes an Arena-only boss rare drop but still better than Lich
    Is buying another card to upgrade not more efficient than buying max ability cards? Yeah lich farming sounds like it sucks but fyi you can at least increase card drop rates by changing to hard difficulty. Honestly the best thing to do is just chill and wait for the next chapter since a few things will be resolved with it. You should consider leveling support cards, you can get lesser drain from the north part of cactuar land I heard its pretty good when augmented to 3*.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Pretty sure you can't. There's one in the monthly gift box and maybe more will come from events/future story updates.
    Yeah some jp people on reddit said you only get it through events and log in rewards, right now on jp side it's harder to augment 3* to 4* than a 4* to 5* so really think it through if you want to augment a 3* card.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post

I suspect there will be a Titan card eventually that'll serve as the true version of the ability. Otherwise, yeah, until that happens, it's more or less a placeholder for Ranger's earth slot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

On this picture, what does the rainbow hexagon next to x1.5 mean near the difficulty? And what about the little bomb to the left, does that ever change or just a general 'enemy' tag?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The rainbow hexagon is a skill seedbonus.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, I remember in the JP Version, the WAR class could draw Rainbow energy (I think as a possible "refund" when using cards), useable for any Element, including healing... What specific trait/job does that cause I haven't seen it on my WAR yet, and I'm sure its linked to a weapon or ability I haven't unlocked yet because I can't read JP I can't be certain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mage seems the way to go for now, at least as far as abilities are concerned. There's no Lesser Fire cards though right? Can only upgrade Ice/wind I think (without buying multiple Kirins/Ifrita that is).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do cards also randomly get an exp bonus after a fight? I just finished a random boss and noticed only one of my cards had a exp x2.4 above its exp bar.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Do cards also randomly get an exp bonus after a fight? I just finished a random boss and noticed only one of my cards had a exp x2.4 above its exp bar.
    Pretty sure they all do and its based on your level level, not deck level.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

EXP bonus comes from the card being in the first slot of your deck

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was really hoping that wasn't the case from the layout of it all and it being linked to your level.

Sucks to suck.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Mage seems the way to go for now, at least as far as abilities are concerned. There's no Lesser Fire cards though right? Can only upgrade Ice/wind I think (without buying multiple Kirins/Ifrita that is).
    I drew a WHM card. I hate it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    I drew a WHM card. I hate it.
    Yeah WHM is terrible right now. I just unlocked it through the basic mage job and switching wind for earth (on top of less damage) is not a good deal imo. Stone spells will be farmable in Chapter 3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When do we get chapter 3?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    When do we get chapter 3?
    They said they're trying to release it next month. Same for multiplayer apparently.