+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What cards are you guys using to farm light/dark seeds?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Hades is a good choice for dark skillseeds. it's also an extremely powerful support card. you can also 4* for more.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You get so much gold from this event... I'm up to 4* on all of the PuPu cards and I didn't even realize they cost 200k each to augment from 3 to 4.

Yeah, this event's been good all around for gil/exp/cards. The new shop cards are a welcome boon, too. Bought an ability maxed Hades and it's already kicking the shit out of the basic Cait Sith I had before.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been running Hunter basic class (grr) and using the Windra(Conal), Icefang(Single), Fat Choco(Barrier), Yuna(Big cure).

They added Magus Sisters, which is Earth based and only 9 for the 3+ Version... but my class doesn't use Earth (Though I'm pretty sure Thief does), so I'm considering it. But theres still no Fire type Hunter card that I can get which really quite sucks, and is why I'm using 2 Support cards in the mean time.

the "Magic Boost" card, Moogle, is very effective though, and I'm considering dropping barrier for that since I can barely tell Barrier is active most of the time, but I can really tell Magic boost is active when I RW it. But I think I'm going to give WindPuPu a chance, I have WindPuPu at 4* now from the grinding and once I get it leveled up I want to see how potent the EnAero is.

I wanna say En-effects roughly double auto-attack white damage, with break hits being about 4-5x that. My only complaint with the cards is the cooldown and the possibility you still build up 5+ of its respective element. Still, I'd say they're worth filling in a class' weak slot. The ability to easily 4* will also confer job level benefit, too. In the end, they're all fairly easy to 4*/r5. Excess UFOs can go toward pumping up support seeds, too. Or the shop Windforce card.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What are you talking about? The cooldown is 5 turns at max ability level, and the effect lasts 5 turns. You can keep it up full-time even with the cooldown. It also further boosts the damage of abilities of the same element by I believe 25%(x2). Not sure how building up extra orbs is a bad thing since you want to pair it with abilities of the same element. You don't use it to cover the weakness of your class; you use it to further boost its strength. Against a Fire boss for example you definitely want to use enwater with water abilities.

Ideally; Water PuPu, water ability, Pixie, and either a support card or another element ability, with a support rental. Of course, it varies by situation, but this would be the ideal deck against a fire boss. Especially if your class don't naturally build fire orbs since there's no way to get fire resistance outside of pixie in that case.

Well, Mage earth nuke options aren't really a thing yet, so it's still possible to wind up with way more earth orbs than you need alongside not needing them for defense. Once you get the sub-ability of it not taking a turn to use, it would be nice to technically overwrite the existing buff to spend some of the orbs.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll be happy when every job has cards to fill each element. that'd be swell....

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Should be that way in the next set of abilities which I would expect to see in 2-4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'll be happy when every job has cards to fill each element. that'd be swell....

This. I just drew knight but can't really play it yet cause there's no wind sword cards. I'm kinda happy I got it cause my other job with lots of upgrades was a warrior card I drew that's on its forth panel now, but I really wanted another class at the same time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Second job pull: Mage. Not too bad I guess.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So how does this multiplayer work that is coming? Someone said whm is good for it, and I just happened to pull whm yesterday... Should I invest some time in it on the side, behind my mage?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm on the third panel and it's naked:

WHM Thief (Onion 4th panel) Ranger (3rd panel pulled)
    HP 890 1240 1140
    A 123 89 103
    B 73 90 106
    M 110 140 105
    Crit 2 4 4
    Speed 4 5 4
    Def 2 0 0

I have to say, mages crush once the mob is broken.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Meh, got Thief for job pull. Was hoping for DRK.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I did a job pull last night and got DRK. I would have been happy with any of the jobs you can't access right away (was kinda interested in WHM too) but DRK seems to be the diva job right now so yay for me.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I unlocked dark earlier, grinding all those fire skillseeds was painful.

If your looking for light skillseeds you should get 4 Moogles from the store with max skillseeds unlocked, totals 36. It's not a quick process, but thats what auto is for!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I saw a thread on reddit today saying that f2p players get their second Growstar today.

My question is; how and where? I've logged in every day since the release and according to my login bonuses I'm 2 days short of the free growstar. Is reddit wrong or is my login bonus somehow messed up?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I saw a thread on reddit today saying that f2p players get their second Growstar today.

My question is; how and where? I've logged in every day since the release and according to my login bonuses I'm 2 days short of the free growstar. Is reddit wrong or is my login bonus somehow messed up?
    They're talking about the Mobius gift box

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Knights and Dark Knights sure are reaping the benefits of this event with their Ultimate lol. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here on my hunter grinding away.