+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

What's so special about 'em?

Granted, I tried the 400 levels on Hard with my mage and tend to get roflstomped by the mass incoming damage, so can't really take advantage of that seed farming.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    Knights and Dark Knights sure are reaping the benefits of this event with their Ultimate lol. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here on my hunter grinding away.
    I was doing great on Ranger farming it on hard.

Then I hit 26/27. Suddenly, everything started owning me on Hard since the event scales with level.

Now I can barely even get past 1st round with Auto :/

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    What's so special about 'em?

Granted, I tried the 400 levels on Hard with my mage and tend to get roflstomped by the mass incoming damage, so can't really take advantage of that seed farming.
    Using their ultimates in a particular way when farming swarms guarantees them a ton of points. With the low stamina cost plus doing that almost every set of battles, they're making bank on skillseeds.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

oh lol the event scales with level?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    Knights and Dark Knights sure are reaping the benefits of this event with their Ultimate lol. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here on my hunter grinding away.
    This. Farming skillseeds/gil/exp on my Knight is pretty dope right now. I just wish that there were more battles instead of just the 3 rounds. I average about 160k every fight with autobattle on.

It sucks to have to keep using Brotherhood instead of using my buffed Defender sword which is much stronger and raises my speed. Unfortunately Brotherhood's increased infinite is just too good.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    oh lol the event scales with level?
    Yep, at least the 400 stages do. When you hit level 25-26 the Pupus start attacking multiple times per turn (and no, this is not the Firex2-3 or whatever that they usually do). They probably hit harder as well.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My luck with the mysterious antenna dropping sucks. I have so many UFOs though. I just want to get all these to 4star already . Only have the wind at 4-star right now. Rest at 3 star.

According to reddit it's a good idea to take all the 3 stars you'll get after upgrading and bank about 5 of each of them with max abilities. Later on there's basically a pupu+ type -en card that will come out that can be 5* and you can use all the pupu cards to max out the ability slots on the new -en card. They said it is by far the easiest way to do it because the only other way to get them is to spend multiplayer tickets which are apparently better spent elsewhere.

Since I'm grinding pupus for like the next month and have never used my bank I don't see a reason why I shouldn't do this.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, that's what I've started doing now after reading that Reddit post.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Finally got materials to start augmenting adamantiny to raise shiva's ALv and now the fuckers won't drop anymore...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

tbh, you should focus on farming Pupus while you can. It gives amazing seeds, exp and gil. Adamantiny will always be there.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    According to reddit it's a good idea to take all the 3 stars you'll get after upgrading and bank about 5 of each of them with max abilities. Later on there's basically a pupu+ type -en card that will come out that can be 5* and you can use all the pupu cards to max out the ability slots on the new -en card. They said it is by far the easiest way to do it because the only other way to get them is to spend multiplayer tickets which are apparently better spent elsewhere.

Since I'm grinding pupus for like the next month and have never used my bank I don't see a reason why I shouldn't do this.
    getting the last skill level on them is such a pain. I just got done augmenting and maxing 1 of each skill... doing another 16 cards to maxed skill seems crazy. I assume you mean preaugment to 4*, which wouldn't be as bad to max. I guess that gives me a use for my extra pupus.

Is there any use for UFOs other than maxing out the UFO, or any use for the antenna after u max out the pupu cards?

There's a Windforce card in the shop you can funnel the UFOs into, but otherwise they seem to be support card seed fodder.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    There's a Windforce card in the shop you can funnel the UFOs into, but otherwise they seem to be support card seed fodder.
    Yeah I'm in the process of maxing that one out. I'm not going to augment obviously since it uses those stars mats. Also tried to farm warrior lich cards, and those NEVER drop or at least I only have a single card after doing the masters tournament no less than 20 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Minions View Post
    getting the last skill level on them is such a pain. I just got done augmenting and maxing 1 of each skill... doing another 16 cards to maxed skill seems crazy. I assume you mean preaugment to 4*, which wouldn't be as bad to max. I guess that gives me a use for my extra pupus.

Is there any use for UFOs other than maxing out the UFO, or any use for the antenna after u max out the pupu cards?
    From what I understand you really only need to max the ability level of a free 3* cards so it's not as bad. Just save up like 8 of each like this and you're good.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

From reddit:

2x Lv 3 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from from Lv 1 -> 3
    1x Lv 4 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 3-> 4
    1x Lv 5 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 4 -> 5
    3x Lv 4 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from Lv 5 -> 6

The bolded one is the Pupu you already have, so you don't need to max out asecond one unless you're a collector and want to keep the pupu

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

445257. Highest score so far. Still only around 6500 ranking. Good god

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    From reddit:

2x Lv 3 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from from Lv 1 -> 3
    1x Lv 4 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 3-> 4
    1x Lv 5 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 4 -> 5
    3x Lv 4 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from Lv 5 -> 6

The bolded one is the Pupu you already have, so you don't need to max out asecond one unless you're a collector and want to keep the pupu
    There's a comment further down too. Apparently the level 5 one only gives you a 98% change for the level up, but you can also use 3-4 level 4 ones. Note that doing this also saves 200k on the augment. I have soooo many pupus I'm just going to bank like 10 of each level 4 and call it a day.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, just use a single lvl 1 pupu then to make it 100

Have 5 spare r4 fire, 2 water, and 3 wind so far. Just been leveling knight cards while farming them up. Being stamina level 31 and the mobs apparently leveling with you in the 400 levels didn't go so well even though I think drop rates there are a tad better.

Also kinda curious where the devs are best receptive to feedback. With my phone being not-so-great for graphic intensive stuff like this, I'd really like to suggest they change they change the trial area to be a fixed number of battles with possible bonus fights if you break a certain score tier instead of the timed environment. Not uncommon for me to lag really hard early on and lose out on anywhere from 3-6 fights.