+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Yeah, you gotta be an idiot if you can't see the P2W-ability of this system.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

BUT WE GET A BLITZBALL SPIRIT!

Edit: I paid my $20 at the start to get the Mobius gift rolling. Been F2P since. I'm good staying F2P.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As of right now I'm ranked 2nd best drg in global haha

So, how...? D:

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Got Paine and YRP from FFX ability card draw in addition to one of the new early access cards (Leviathan) and Ifrita. Can't use either of those since I don't have a mage. Don't have enough to pull for the others, don't think I'd want to anyway.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got Yuna and YRP as well, did a 6 pull and a 4* pull. Got one of the new ones, my 6 pull got me 4 4* lol, including a JA spell. Idk it looked good. I got the Mage (wind?) spell with break down thing. My 4* summon was a Slow support card. Worthless could have bought it maxed out for like 9 tickets. Luckily that shit stain came with YRP so fuck yes.

Still really pissed about Tidus and hope it fails fucking hard for them and it loses more business than it gets them. But I know it won't, whales and all. NA Möbius has been good to us. I mean, the distiller change for one, 100% new job pulls, the ability shop(which I'm sorry I think is a mistake, and leads to card pulling being less viable, as awesome as it is to have).

So I get they're probably not making money like they expected because of these new systems... but this wasn't how to do it . 75$ at the cheapest... I could get the deluxe edition of XV ._.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've already seen 5 people post on Reddit screenshots of them with Ace Striker at 8*. I have no doubt they're making tons of money off people with more cash than sense.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I've already seen 5 people post on Reddit screenshots of them with Ace Striker at 8*. I have no doubt they're making tons of money off people with more cash than sense.
    Or the moron who bought the 12000 TOO EARLY...

I didn't see the 6 ticket FFX bonus pull. I spent 5 tickets for the 4* star. Orcus (wind -defense against break) and YRP! No need to pull more, right?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wouldnt but thats up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    the ability shop(which I'm sorry I think is a mistake, and leads to card pulling being less viable, as awesome as it is to have).
    With us being limited to 4 set cards, I'd argue that a large number of cards are useless in the game, with the number really just being a multiple of 3 to give each class roughly the same equivalents. Were it not for the shop, there'd be a lot more pressure to give out free summon tickets, which just revisits the issue of not getting jobs with RNG and that change. Think people would wanna keep playing if they're a mage and keep getting ranger/warrior cards? To some degree, I'd also say it encourages people to farm outside the seed zones since there are still a lot of abilities that don't show up in them (yet) and still need honed up. That added stamina drain may very well coax people into buying refreshes, as well.

Otherwise, I recently dropped Tales of Link because it was too RNG reliant. Had to hope you pulled decent characters, then you had to hope gear dropped, then you had to hope tiles cooperated in battle, with difficulty inevitably being all over the place because of, or at least related to such. This game kinda flirts with that, but not to the same extreme. Eliminating the shop would assuredly push it closer. Let's not kid ourselves, though, SE isn't breaking their bank to produce this. I feel my comparison to MMO subs in an earlier post fairly apt, and far as my history there goes, I pretty much don't feel any MMO justifies a mandatory sub given content delivery/quality relative to other F2P options. That just translates to their needs here being way less.

Meanwhile, the Area damage/Main Target cards seem pretty useless compared to the basic conals where you can use them twice for way more overall damage via the same amount of orbs. I know you'll occasionally get enemy formations where all those mobs can't be hit, but they also have such low HP that odds are you're wiping out 6 of 8 with the same 2 casts if there aren't resists. The general ST abilities suffer from a similar issue, as while they are stronger in 1v1, non-boss grinds are very rarely 1v1. I'd argue both could use buffs in some capacity.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    With us being limited to 4 set cards, I'd argue that a large number of cards are useless in the game, with the number really just being a multiple of 3 to give each class roughly the same equivalents. Were it not for the shop, there'd be a lot more pressure to give out free summon tickets, which just revisits the issue of not getting jobs with RNG and that change. Think people would wanna keep playing if they're a mage and keep getting ranger/warrior cards? To some degree, I'd also say it encourages people to farm outside the seed zones since there are still a lot of abilities that don't show up in them (yet) and still need honed up. That added stamina drain may very well coax people into buying refreshes, as well.

Otherwise, I recently dropped Tales of Link because it was too RNG reliant. Had to hope you pulled decent characters, then you had to hope gear dropped, then you had to hope tiles cooperated in battle, with difficulty inevitably being all over the place because of, or at least related to such. This game kinda flirts with that, but not to the same extreme. Eliminating the shop would assuredly push it closer. Let's not kid ourselves, though, SE isn't breaking their bank to produce this. I feel my comparison to MMO subs in an earlier post fairly apt, and far as my history there goes, I pretty much don't feel any MMO justifies a mandatory sub given content delivery/quality relative to other F2P options. That just translates to their needs here being way less.

Meanwhile, the Area damage/Main Target cards seem pretty useless compared to the basic conals where you can use them twice for way more overall damage via the same amount of orbs. I know you'll occasionally get enemy formations where all those mobs can't be hit, but they also have such low HP that odds are you're wiping out 6 of 8 with the same 2 casts if there aren't resists. The general ST abilities suffer from a similar issue, as while they are stronger in 1v1, non-boss grinds are very rarely 1v1. I'd argue both could use buffs in some capacity.
    Mmmm, I kinda see what you mean, but I'm still convinced the Ability shop was a huge mistake, for them, financially, and for us because its spoiled us rotten compared to the JP Version, which worked on a "Its not in the Ability shop until you pull it" basis.

The RNG with Ability Shop only version being available after you Unlock it through draw is exactly how it was in the JP Version. I've got a huge stock of Ability cards I just use for Boost Fusion now... after coming from the JP game and being happy to see a Hunter card from a 6 pull, only to have to level it up from there... I was pleased to see the new Ability Shop in this game allowed me to build a deck around what I needed.

Its definitely created a system where people are able to save insane amount of Tickets/Magicite, which means people aren't buying as much as they should because theres no reason too, pull your favorite job, build a deck from Ability Tickets, stock up for event purchases. I'm confident this is why Tidus is the way he is, behind a paywall, because the need to buy magicite just isn't there.

Eh, they just broke the first rule of F2P, imo, in that they put something in a free player can't obtain naturally. On the other hand, I'd posit that if money generation really is an issue, they could do more to make convenience and aesthetic buys more appealing. Right now, as Proth hinted earlier, most transactions pretty much fall straight into P2W. Growstars being the biggest offender compared to the free player.

The question then becomes, what could they do? For starters, I feel like they could add a mini-game involving spirits. Each one can have some specific pros/cons, but you'd basically send them out on some timed missions and they come back with loot relative to their stats, and even level up based on the mission. This could yield seeds, cactaurs, augment components, and possibly even event-specific cards. The more spirits one has, the better suited they'd be to take on missions, and you could possibly even add more mission slots to buy. Aside from unique cards, it'd pretty much be getting whatever you could get elsewhere, with an option to accelerate mission completion for additional magicite. Obviously, they'd want to keep producing/selling more spirits under this system, as well.

What else? I'd say they could go the Exvius vortex dungeon route of allowing people to pay 200 magicite to unlock non-active multiplayer fights for 24 hours. Want to upgrade your Ifrit, but Shiva's up and you don't wanna do a bunch of 1* fights? No problem. Understandably, the 3* versions may be rough to do solo, but 2* is perfectly possible at present.

Could also create the option of a stamina bank. Think you won't be able to play for a day, but don't want to lose out on all the stamina you'd generate? Drop some magicite and you'd get 3 day's worth of buffer space. Elixirs wouldn't fill this, either. I'd even consider an auto-daily register if you've got this active.

Otherwise, if they upped content dev time, I wouldn't be against paid early access to things. Maybe a week or two tops. Not talking special events, but more like story content and seed areas, as well as potential new job/card draws. Just don't too ham. $15 of magicite a month, tops, but I'd say something like $5 for two weeks is good if they can run that pace.

Combine all these possibilities and the freebie magicite won't really be enough for someone who wants it all. And that's okay, again, as long as stuff isn't locked specifically behind the pay wall.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Like I said earlier, the paywall itself isn't what bothers me since it can be a better deal, on average, than gacha. My issue is with how high and exclusive the paywall is, especially for countries outside of the US/Taiwan. I wouldn't mind if you got this Legend Job card for free when purchasing, say, 3000 magicite (the price of a normal job summon). That would be a fine price for a bonus like that in addition to probably causing far more people to actually buy magicite, at that much more affordable price, and give them equal or maybe slightly greater profits than they're getting for this $75 "deal".

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Eh, they just broke the first rule of F2P, imo, in that they put something in a free player can't obtain naturally. On the other hand, I'd posit that if money generation really is an issue, they could do more to make convenience and aesthetic buys more appealing. Right now, as Proth hinted earlier, most transactions pretty much fall straight into P2W. Growstars being the biggest offender compared to the free player.

The question then becomes, what could they do? For starters, I feel like they could add a mini-game involving spirits. Each one can have some specific pros/cons, but you'd basically send them out on some timed missions and they come back with loot relative to their stats, and even level up based on the mission. This could yield seeds, cactaurs, augment components, and possibly even event-specific cards. The more spirits one has, the better suited they'd be to take on missions, and you could possibly even add more mission slots to buy. Aside from unique cards, it'd pretty much be getting whatever you could get elsewhere, with an option to accelerate mission completion for additional magicite. Obviously, they'd want to keep producing/selling more spirits under this system, as well.

What else? I'd say they could go the Exvius vortex dungeon route of allowing people to pay 200 magicite to unlock non-active multiplayer fights for 24 hours. Want to upgrade your Ifrit, but Shiva's up and you don't wanna do a bunch of 1* fights? No problem. Understandably, the 3* versions may be rough to do solo, but 2* is perfectly possible at present.

Could also create the option of a stamina bank. Think you won't be able to play for a day, but don't want to lose out on all the stamina you'd generate? Drop some magicite and you'd get 3 day's worth of buffer space. Elixirs wouldn't fill this, either. I'd even consider an auto-daily register if you've got this active.

Otherwise, if they upped content dev time, I wouldn't be against paid early access to things. Maybe a week or two tops. Not talking special events, but more like story content and seed areas, as well as potential new job/card draws. Just don't too ham. $15 of magicite a month, tops, but I'd say something like $5 for two weeks is good if they can run that pace.

Combine all these possibilities and the freebie magicite won't really be enough for someone who wants it all. And that's okay, again, as long as stuff isn't locked specifically behind the pay wall.
    Not bad ideas, what they could do is just stop adding new things to the Ability Shop from this point forward, letting all the newer, better cards be from Draws... or just keep the Type specific cards (Sword, Staff, Dagger) in the Ability shop and let support cards (All jobs) come exclusively from Gacha with a not so stingy rate. This would at least mean you wouldn't have to go fish for useless cards for your job, but you would have to go fish for that Haste/Boost card or what have you in the future. (Current ones stay, down the line much better ones are added).

Keep the RNG/Semi-RNG like FFX event where you can draw all 4 in 4 pulls, but you gotta do the 4 pulls for 3k each, thats a big sink but a guaranteed one. (Unless I misread the 4* Pull for FFX, you get a new one every pull, meaning if you just do those you'll get all 4 cards?).

I consider playing the RNG game for cards the lesser of two evils here, either way, they need methods to deplete magicite so this game doesn't go pure P2W in the future, when Legend Jobs are pretty much required in endgame.

Oh and for what its worth, I hate the Tidus thing with a passion, I just think its a result of them being really generous with Gacha in this game, with many of the best cards coming from non-RNG means up until Type-0. I mean in reality, what Magicite sinks do we have? I've been purchasing Mobius Boxes and Unlock Tickets for Seeds lol... I never did that shit in the JP version because of how valuable Magicite was... It was always for Jobs or Cards.

Anyway, I just really hate this, is smells of desperation which might spell bad shit.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

fucking lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well... Tidus who? Dancer best job confirmed!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's the lol there?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Seems like a repeated event

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Similar. This one actually turns WoL into cloud though

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yay! More shit we won't get in Global. I should probably start playing the JP version at this point.