+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Just had a skill coin drop and I see no in-game info about it. What do?

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Skill coin? Where and can you elaborate?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Are you talking about extranger?

Edit: is this what you mean?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/co...data_or_a_bug/

Looks like SE may have made a mistake and have stuff for Custom Panels drop early.

Yeah, looking like it's the custom panel stuff. Drops were coming from pupus for me.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I got some working on chapter 4.1 as well.

So I did a single pull for a job, got Paladin. Leveled that up, used my free openers to finish the last tab of it's first page, now on the 7th tab, with about 100k skillseeds to go to hit the 8th.
    I used ability tickets to get the Fat Chocobo and Hermes cards, and when the 18th rolled around I got a few more to do some fusion, but not much.
    I also got all the single-target warrior drop cards up to 3 star, then got the ability ticket versions of them (since I saw you couldn't get the drop cards to go above 3 star), and I've fusioned them up. I've been using the Mk.II Guard Scorpion for light, since I got that well before I hit ch. 4.

I'm starting to hit a wall again though. Still haven't died, but got pretty close in the first third of the Infinity Mako Reactor. And chapter 4 isn't exactly risky, but damage has slacked off on mobs so it's taking a while to clear. Not sure if clearing it or 4.2 will be enough of a boost to finish up Midgar by the deadline.

I don't have enough growstars that I'm willing to risk upgrading anything to 4 star yet. All my deck cards are level capped and near maxed otherwise.

Any advice on what I should do now?
    Also, should I bother doing a pull for the XV event today and tomorrow for the two batches?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is it set to easy? Make sure you are pulling the free daily cards. Spend some time in gigantuar terrace and get seeds/exp.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's on normal difficulty.
    I'll try the terrace then, see how that goes.

Do that on hard, though.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

mako reactor is pretty difficult even on normal because of the squads debuff. Very easy to get one shotted by them in the first round or one shotted by the scorpions. Lucky you have paladin though. I would just try to get a bunch of aerith or 5* aoe dmg friends to help you through. Going through the story first to unlock higher deck levels would probably help you more but I think event is over soon.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

There, got it done, full clear.
    Fuck, the back half of Midgar is an unfun slog.

And fuck double shadow mobs with the same class type as you. Fucking job debuff.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Seriously, I've done 6 pulls on the banner trying to get Ignis. Yet to get it, but I did get soldier.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ok, created an account LONG ago when this just came out, due to lack of reliable wifi and focus on other games, ended up never playing much of this at all and gave up on it. Now that i'm in the market for a new mobile game, I decided to give this another try, atm just completed getting Echo and still kinda have no clue as to what to focus on (I assume the PuPu event since it claims it scales with player level).

Did a greater summon with the currency I built up long ago, cause chance at FFRK cards did draw my attention (probably should have used it to get a job that wasn't the basics but w/e), did get a FFRK card (Tifa/Aerith), but have no clue if its good or not (seems like it might be, faith/haste is always good).

Is there a beginner's guide to the game as well as a list of what cards to aim for and/or jobs and such?

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tifa/aerith is a nice card and will be able to 5 star very soon. The ffrk cards in general are mostly used for multi player. Tidus ject shot, vanille mage card and wind ranger card are probably the best cards(very high dmg at 5*). Unless you really care about multi-player I would wait for another event. Save your tickets for a chance at a supreme card, legend jobs will always be in the pool. Also you are going to need to do a lot of mp to grind for upgrades of those cards.

Pupu is nice for mp breakers and if you need the resist element in hard fights. Force cards are better versions of pupu but you probably don't want to invest in that as a new player. If you have the time farm pupu but it is going to be a bitch getting upgrade items.

For jobs if you can pull any of the prismatic orb jobs (sch, dnc or drg)it will make life very easy getting through the story. I think rerolling is worth it for any of those jobs. Must have cards would be Hermes, Knights of the round, choco barrier and aoe bdd for your preferred job.

If you haven't switch to hard mode on config, you will get more xp, skillseeds and higher rate of dropped cards. Always buy a mobius box, you will have enough free magacite if you just collect once a day.

Honestly I would save all my summon and ability tickets if I started over because they are so hard to come by. Don't waste your ability tickets maxing a card if you can farm the upgrades.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For jobs if you can pull any of the prismatic orb jobs (sch, dnc or drg)it will make life very easy getting through the story. I think rerolling is worth it for any of those jobs. Must have cards would be Hermes, Knights of the round, choco barrier and aoe bdd for your preferred job.
    Dancer, dragoon, scholar, Rogue, berserker and occultist. The last three came in the last patch and are also prismatic jobs. Rogue is actually quite a bit better than Dancer.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Alright, thanks guys for the response, unfortunately I did spend a bunch of tickets maxing out the Aerith Card, so i'm down from 60 to 22 now (didn't know they were that scarce, rip), however i've not bothered to touch my magicite so i'm up to 500 atm (didn't know how to collect it long ago when I blazed through the tutorial so missed out on collecting a ton back then). ATM farming pupu event for pupu souls to collect the free event rewards from it.

I'd just say to get a max Pupu of each element for now. Other stuff will still be there later.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You're lucky. Aerith is arguably one of the best cards in the game, even on JP that are 1.5 years ahead of us.

Think he got the RK version, not the Supreme.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Oooh, Aerith and Tifa. Nvm then.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Think he got the RK version, not the Supreme.
    Yep, got the Tifa/Aerith card that gives faith/haste, like I said earlier, fell for the trap of pulling for a FFRK card not knowing that I should be saving the magicite and using the tickets for getting my first job, been reading up and thanks to all the helpful posts on here and some on reddit, I now know to save the magicite for the monthly box and use the tickets to get better jobs.