+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ok, I know that its recommended to hoarde ability tickets like no tomorrow, but should I consider using them to buy support cards like KoTR or Hermes? I keep reading how they are really good cards, but not sure if they're worth getting with ability tickets, plus I do already have a faith/haste with aerith/tifa card, so not sure if Hermes would be worth getting anyway (its 2 hearts vs. 4 hearts for Aerith/Tifa).

Edit: Just did a job summon and got Assassin, so don't know also if thats a good job or a bust job, but since its not a beginner job, i'm obviously gonna consider it to be better then what i'm using, time to build some breaker cards.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    Ok, I know that its recommended to hoarde ability tickets like no tomorrow, but should I consider using them to buy support cards like KoTR or Hermes? I keep reading how they are really good cards, but not sure if they're worth getting with ability tickets, plus I do already have a faith/haste with aerith/tifa card, so not sure if Hermes would be worth getting anyway (its 2 hearts vs. 4 hearts for Aerith/Tifa).

Edit: Just did a job summon and got Assassin, so don't know also if thats a good job or a bust job, but since its not a beginner job, i'm obviously gonna consider it to be better then what i'm using, time to build some breaker cards.
    Yes they are worth it. A&T is fine so you don't really have to rush it. Orb cost is pretty steep at 3* though, so if your going to stay with it I would recommend upgrading to 4* (3life orbs plus you get one back) Eventually imo kotr+hermes is the best deck combo or fatchoco+hermes for harder content. 2 turn cool down means you healing hp pretty quickly for each use and extending buffs longer too. If you are renting aerith supreme card it is really nice bc you can keep up all those buffs indefinitely. Unless you are p2w you want to try to use ability cards to max cards that can't be farmed. KOTR for example cant be farmed and will cost ability tickets to max. Or if you summon a rare event card. Ex. I got lightning mage card from dissidia and that cost over 200 tickets to max.

assassin is a really strong mp job, considered the best breaker atm iirc.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Yes they are worth it. A&T is fine so you don't really have to rush it. Orb cost is pretty steep at 3* though, so if your going to stay with it I would recommend upgrading to 4* (3life orbs plus you get one back) Eventually imo kotr+hermes is the best deck combo or fatchoco+hermes for harder content. 2 turn cool down means you healing hp pretty quickly for each use and extending buffs longer too. If you are renting aerith supreme card it is really nice bc you can keep up all those buffs indefinitely. Unless you are p2w you want to try to use ability cards to max cards that can't be farmed. KOTR for example cant be farmed and will cost ability tickets to max. Or if you summon a rare event card. Ex. I got lightning mage card from dissidia and that cost over 200 tickets to max.

assassin is a really strong mp job, considered the best breaker atm iirc.
    alright, thanks very much for the advice, gonna start hoarding them for KOTR then, also very happy to see I got a pretty good job then, really loving the breaker style and even though its slightly squisher then my initial job, its pretty great to use.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

KotR and Hermes are definitely worth it, they're two of the best support abilities, and are/will remain meta for quite a while.

However, they are only really a top priority if you intend to play multiplayer as support. If not, Aerith+Tifa works just fine for solo content, in combination with fat chocobo or another barrier card.

Honestly, I would argue that Aerith+Tifa + Fat Chocobo is a better combination than KoTR/Hermes + Chocobo. Aerith+Tifa and Fat Chocobo gives three of the most important buffs (haste, magic and barrier) whereas KotR/Hermes + Fat Chocobo only gives two (Magic buff OR haste + Barrier).

Basically, if you have no intent to play Support in MP, Hermes and KotR is really not necessary, as they're only top-tier in MP. Aerith+Tifa is a better solo card than KotR/Haste for most content.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Anyone able to suggest a way to quickly make 500k gil as a new player thats barely completed chapter 2? Really want to finish the new terra event but need 1.2 mil to augment one of the cards to 5* in order to complete it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably the Cactuar zone. The old one not Gigantuar

Anyway.

This new event is really quite nice. Quick, not very grindy, great rewards, 6 unique 5* cards, while some of them not great they're competitive and free, plus the Echo card sounds unbelievably good, and a bunch of ability tickets, seeds, and 3 summoning tickets.

Overall fantastic.

Also the new supreme card itself isn't very damaging but holy shit it's unique little buff/debuff whatever is insane.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Six? I can only think of five: Fire WAR, Wind THF, Earth MAGE, Healing, and Echo buff (which is awesome: att+berserk+AoE attack+regen)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by theshun View Post
    Six? I can only think of five: Fire WAR, Wind THF, Earth MAGE, Healing, and Echo buff (which is awesome: att+berserk+AoE attack+regen)
    Yah my brain over compensated

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just making sure. I'm generally blind.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had to take a pic of this whale after a weekend full of awful mp. Was able to 5 star tyro and v&f, never want to see shiva again lol

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    I had to take a pic of this whale after a weekend full of awful mp. Was able to 5 star tyro and v&f, never want to see shiva again lol

That guy is literally either a magical entity that can manipulate luck, or Moby goddamn Dick

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, goodbye job summons. Hopefully this also means we get more tickets in general but I'm not that optimistic.

Saw they were adding monk jobs, but are they doing something else, too?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Saw they were adding monk jobs, but are they doing something else, too?
    Monk is basically added in the Greater Summon pool instead of the job banner, which will be removed completely in August and all jobs will be shifted. Job cards replace one of the pulled ones and if you don't get a job after 7 pulls it's guaranteed on your 8th.
    Still no dupes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well........ Shit...... now I know where i'm going to be throwing all my future stockpile of summon tickets at Only have Berserker, Black Mage, and Assassin.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can't wait to hear about the first dude who has to wait 3-8 months to get a new job (since we get about enough tickets per month for 2 GS) and gets a 1st or 2nd ring job.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Can't wait to hear about the first dude who has to wait 3-8 months to get a new job (since we get about enough tickets per month for 2 GS) and gets a 1st or 2nd ring job.
    Going to suck alot for new players who start after the August change, but according to people on Reddit, SE could potentially do like a starter job pack for new players where they can just buy a couple of choice jobs instead of having to RNG for their first job (they did this on JP from what I hear on Reddit, but usual GL =/= JP).

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn. From here on out I'm only going to pull for supreme cards and if I get a job I'll consider it a bonus. The Duncan card is insane but it seems only 1 of the 3 monk jobs can make use of it so I might skip. I really hope aerith makes a comeback.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really wouldn't aim at Supreme cards unless you're willing to spend a lot of money in this game. Chances are you'll pull every single job before you even see one of those.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I really wouldn't aim at Supreme cards unless you're willing to spend a lot of money in this game. Chances are you'll pull every single job before you even see one of those.
    I have 16 jobs covering all elements and a good variety of cards to sit on for a long time. I know it's a small chance but if they are going to force us to greater summon I don't see any reason to pull unless supreme or a good event. Potentially spending 48 tickets before ever getting a random job is pretty insane to me. Like someone else said it's worse for the newer players who didn't have a chance to build up jobs.