+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's ok but nothing special I guess. I use my Mage though for magic trials, haven't really bothered with Black Mage that much.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It can still be really powerful if you have the right cards. But not for everything. See what elemental enhancements it has and that'll help you figure out its strong spots.

It's all about what cards you have for it, really. Though running newest content on Hard can be rough for the jobs with lower HP pools against the clone types and their limit breaks.

And while it's flagged for a healer in MP, Dancer has been my lazy content killer utilizing Rikku's conal stun, Earthfang, Shiva Sicarius, and Hermes. I try to grab KotR, YRP, or Artemis for friend card. 1-2 round stuns are pretty clutch for handling off element mobs or handling sturdier bosses. Think there might be an earth element slow card the BLM could at least utilize to similar effect, but it may not do damage, too.

Honestly, though, them giving a free maxed 4* fire/ice cards for warrior types in the tutorial is pretty dope. I upgraded the ice one and put it on my dragoon, and would've used the fire one if the Tera event card wasn't similar. So, even if you got some kind of warrior tank job that could take advantage of those, I don't think you'll be in a bad position.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The earth card you're thinking of is Yasha and it does not do damage, no, but maxed it can last like 4 turns. It's quite nice.

That said I think there's other slow or stun options, I know there is a wind based stun card like the slow one. Idk what BLM can use lol. Moogle cards with AOE debuffs have a Slow among them too.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Decided to go ahead and make BLM 8* once I saw that his second weapon is considered bis atm for Occultist. Really liking how much more DMG it does compared to just using breaker 100% of the time. I see why its not that great though, its only 50% enhancement for wind/ice/earth instead of specializing at 100-150% for one element.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Stormblood FFXIV collab includes: Ultima Weapon in MP with 4 weapons to get, Eorzean Knight job, Y'shtola (Heavensward) skin. I guess if GL gets this early we could be seeing skins starting next month?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The Stormblood FFXIV collab includes: Ultima Weapon in MP with 4 weapons to get, Eorzean Knight job, Y'shtola (Heavensward) skin. I guess if GL gets this early we could be seeing skins starting next month?
    Hope we do, as much as I like focusing on clearing jobs, its killing my drive for this game to not be able to do some card pulls.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How would Y'shtola work for GL though? We don't have Maia yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    How would Y'shtola work for GL though? We don't have Maia yet.
    The skin works on both WoL and Meia.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The skin works on both WoL and Meia.
    I don't think so. It started it has access to both Meia and WoL cards, not that both Meia and Wolf can use it. It specifically says it's a skin for Meia.

My guess is that we either get revised version without the Meia skin and have a secondary FFXIV event later, or they delay it for us and release it after Meia is released.

Honestly not sure of which. They'll likely release Zeza in June and FFXIII with that ultimate card in July, leaving anniversary in August a chance to get all cards again for extra cash milking. If XIV don't have a supreme card they very well may add a revised version of it in June.

We'll likely get chapter 5 part 1 in June, and Meia is released at the end of chapter 6 part 1(?), so we may get her for anniversary if we get 1 new chapter a month. Although I feel October or November is more likely.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In that case they could just delay the collab to July/late June when Meia is released, she's not that far off really.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So seeing as how SE decided to fuck Breakers over hard on this Collab MP fight and I only have a decent Breaker that I use for MP, would I be able to join PUGs as a shitty Devout with 4* A & T, 3* Tyro, 5* Terra Heal, 3* Have no Idea? I'm assuming not and that i'm just SoL on partcipating at all in this Collab.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Really not sure why they decided to fuck breakers over. Why make a MP fight where one class is completely useless?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Is Amaterasu good for a tank at all? Haven't attempted a 3* or 4* yet (gonna change very soon now that my Assassin has 4* BDD and 5* Artemis) so don't know if there is any MP fights beyond Omega that gives Debuffs. Just wondering cause its the only decent card I got from a single pull on this banner (did get lightforce though which saves me a crap ton of ability tickets).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Seriously, Wtf is the draw rate on those fucking FFXIV cards? I've done 7 pulls ant not got a single card. I got 2 legendary jobs and 4(!) hermes card. Every frikkin' card I pull is a dupe...

All i want is Garuda -.-

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So.. I haven't touched this since a month or two after it came out.

Worth wading back in, or avoid? I've been looking back at this thread intermittently and the draw rates in this game make me cringe from what you've all said.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    So.. I haven't touched this since a month or two after it came out.

Worth wading back in, or avoid? I've been looking back at this thread intermittently and the draw rates in this game make me cringe from what you've all said.
    Pull rates are beyond awful and there's no sign of this getting any better. That said, the game is still fun to play as long as you don't stress yourself over pulling stuff. Jobs will soon join the gacha BS but there's still some time left to get the older ones from the job specific banner.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Seriously, Wtf is the draw rate on those fucking FFXIV cards? I've done 7 pulls ant not got a single card. I got 2 legendary jobs and 4(!) hermes card. Every frikkin' card I pull is a dupe...

All i want is Garuda -.-
    And here my little brother is two for two having both of the DD cards. I'm still 0/2 and my other brother 0/2