+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    So.. I haven't touched this since a month or two after it came out.

Worth wading back in, or avoid? I've been looking back at this thread intermittently and the draw rates in this game make me cringe from what you've all said.
    I think the draws are worse for those of us who have more time invested since we are usually pulling for one or 2 cards and usually end up with a bunch of dupes on a greater summon. For a new player I'm sure you can make use of most of your pulls since you are building up decks. But ya overall it's pretty horrible and rng dependent.

I mean you can clear most of the story chapters on easy mode pretty casually and use those tickets to summon, see if your luck entices you to play more. I myself am taking a break because of the bottleneck with crystals, between upgrading weapons and leveling up jobs it is impossible to keep a steady supply and the in game prices for them are outrageous.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    And here my little brother is two for two having both of the DD cards. I'm still 0/2 and my other brother 0/2
    I hate your brother. According to reddit each card is 3% chance, so that's what, 9% chance in total per card over 6 cards?

I mean, odds are I should have got at least one by now. On the FFXV event I got one every 2 pulls on average.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

0/2 on any event cards either (managed to get another pull thanks to completing Exploration 4 and half of Exploration 2), but I did finally on the second pull get 2x 4*, with both of them being a Ice Warrior AOE CRD (should be good) and the other being a Wind Ranger AOE BDD (My new 4* upgraded Deathgaze makes this card not that useful atm though) and I got an Earth Taunt Card!.............. for my Paladin which can't use Earth

But yeah, since i'm new, even though I didn't get any event cards, some of the cards i'm pulling is saving a crap ton of ability tickets for the future. Gonna do 2 more pulls, 1 for Batch 2 and 1 for Batch 3, then go back into using Summon Tickets for Jobs.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Renewed my mobius box and did ffxiv pull, got bahamut primal boon and 5 dupes. Wish I had mystic sage to make use of it :/

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of which, older brother is 0/2 but he did pull Mystic Sage on pull 2.

Basically I'm the only one straight shit on so far of my brothers.

Figure my advice for late starters/returnees at this point would be to get all the summon tickets you can and wait for a supreme card possibility. You probably won't pull one, but the card pool is still fairly up to date and you might get a decent job out of it now, too. The free fire/ice warrior cards you get from the tutorial would serve a warrior job well, too.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ok, I'm done with the FFXIV banner. I've done 10(!) draws now without a single FFXIV card.

Decided to see if I could AI kill Ultima...

...has anyone seen my asshole? Kinda lost it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't forget to log in today or tomorrow!

6SMN tickets
    Hyper Summon 6 card draw which includes
    1) Maxed out 5* card
    2) 1 maxed out job card
    3) 88 ability tickets

Ends tomorrow some time.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

New player here of 2 months and my pull............... was complete utter fucking trash of the highest caliber..... 5* Phoenix, all dupe 3* cards from the 3x ability tickets and DRG which i'm not gonna use. I swear I got the worst luck when it comes to this game. At least I got 88 tickets to use on something worthwhile. Hoping my 3x pull tomorrow for FFXIV makes up for this.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Robertfb View Post
    New player here of 2 months and my pull............... was complete utter fucking trash of the highest caliber..... 5* Phoenix, all dupe 3* cards from the 3x ability tickets and DRG which i'm not gonna use. I swear I got the worst luck when it comes to this game. At least I got 88 tickets to use on something worthwhile. Hoping my 3x pull tomorrow for FFXIV makes up for this.

Yah... DRG is just trash... sorry.

Phoenix is nice though, Firaja is real powerful even though it uses a lot of orbs. 1320 potency is great. It's my SCHs go to ability in single player lol. Doubt it's as useful in MP because of the limitations of high cost.

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

!! Drg is ranked 97/100 on jp now. After the HOF update (long time away) it becomes best breaker in game and a top tier job for tower runs. Its a good sp job now, Ifrit dmg card, Titan aoe bdd and 2 supports will get you pretty far in sp :/

I did welcome back pull got shineja 5*, taunt and occultist. 1 pull on ffxiv and got Bismark! I am done on this one

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    !! Drg is ranked 97/100 on jp now. After the HOF update (long time away) it becomes best breaker in game and a top tier job for tower runs. Its a good sp job now, Ifrit dmg card, Titan aoe bdd and 2 supports will get you pretty far in sp :/

I did welcome back pull got shineja 5*, taunt and occultist. 1 pull on ffxiv and got Bismark! I am done on this one

Yeah, but I have Rogue which is better for SP and I already have Assassin for breaker MP, so its useless till HoF. Have 3 pulls for this banner tomorrow so hopefully I get 1 of the event cards or at least a decent EA card or my first Legend job.

Wind Burst 5*, couple monk cards, then the Monk job, myself. Not the most wow'ing pull, but I guess I save skillseeds on monk?

Actually think a guaranteed Supreme pull for people that existed prior to the draw would've been a better reward. Minwu, Aerith, Exdeath, Noctis, Dorgan, and Zezat is a decent enough pool of potential game-changers even if people would have preferences.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Zodiark 5*, DRK fully upgraded, Occultist from the job pull. Not bad I guess, was hoping for a GAS specific job though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I hate the XIV summon lol. Both brothers pulled Alexander, while me, the only one with the MNK breaker job, pulled nothing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Remember me complaining about my bad luck last FFXIV banner?

This time I did 4 pulls. Got 3(!) FFXIV cards.

3 of the same. Titan.

I swear, this game hates me.

On a more positive note, I now have every normal job except for Hermit, so I suppose that increases my odds of pulling future jobs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

My bad luck from last FFXIV banner and this welcome back summon continued................... up till the last one which tricked me with green crystal but had FFXIV Bismarck in it! So finally get a FFXIV event card and its the best one in the batch lol, now my PLD can actually have some use in the near future.

Out of the 3 pulls, all 3 were green crystals and they came with pretty much every taunt card at 3* (only missing Light Taunt now) and I got a dupe Deathgaze at 4* (already used growstars to augment it last month....). Also got a free slow card I don't have to use tickets on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On your deathgaze situation, if you have the card that is pulled, it would always be the highest star rating you own of it. I.E. if your deathgaze was 5* you'd of got a 5*.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you lol.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    On your deathgaze situation, if you have the card that is pulled, it would always be the highest star rating you own of it. I.E. if your deathgaze was 5* you'd of got a 5*.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you lol.
    I see, so it auto pulled it as a 4* instead of giving it to me as a 3* cause I already augmented it, alright, makes me feel better about it lol.