+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

SE just sent out emails for pre-registration!!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXIII "collab" coming in JP. Is there something XIII related coming up?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone actually play the JP ver? What's the gacha like

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    FFXIII "collab" coming in JP. Is there something XIII related coming up?

in b4 PS4 release

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    in b4 PS4 release
    I can see them re-releasing the trilogy on PS4, although PC version is still master race.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I wouldnt mind buying all 3 for like 60$ on PS4

But yeah won't happen

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

This is gonna sound kinda odd but am i the only one who thinks that the Hanged Edge (and everything from FFXIII) actually looks better in Mobius FF than FFXIII itself?

It really looks very impressive for a mobile game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    This is gonna sound kinda odd but am i the only one who thinks that the Hanged Edge (and everything from FFXIII) actually looks better in Mobius FF than FFXIII itself?

It really looks very impressive for a mobile game
    You should probably start up XIII again.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You should probably start up XIII again.
    ^

PC version at 1080p is beyond gorgeous compared to the crappy PS3/360 graphics version.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It might be that I've been playing the PS3 version. I'm currently playing LR:FFXIII again and it's interesting how the graphics looks worse as the games go by

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Lightning Returns does look worse than XIII, no doubt. But it was pushed out in like 2 years unlike the original game. XIII-2 heavily recycled assets.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If you haven't done so register on the site for bonus shit cause the game launches on wednesday night.

http://na.square-enix.com/mobiusff/

Here some high level gameplay by Steparu.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I didn't play during no 8 Event.. but fuck I wish I had, and I hope we get it NA side cause I want that gunblade and outfit .

played during the FF7 Remake event and the rewards were fantastic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really hope this isn't another grindfest like BE.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When I played it it didn't feel like it at all, in fact the one event I remember fully was the FF7 Remake event and It was just a Point A > B Story (with side paths you could take leading to harder bosses + More loot which is nice) that had an increasing difficulty scale and each tier you unlocked granted you a more powerful version of the Masamune(Murasam? Sephs sword), which was given to you in the beginning. But no, it never felt grindy.

Enhancing cards might feel grindy if you're anal about capping them but all of mine capped gradually as I played, and there are cards that can enhance the process directly instead of it leveling up in combat. (Unlike some games where you only gain exp from other items, in this game your cards also level up from battling as well as having unique exp cards you can use). Theres more to the cards than leveling up too theres abilities that unlock under certain conditions (noted by the cards outline glowing while in combat) which will be unlocked permanently once unlocked.

They introduced Co-Op PVE against Espers/Summons and that was kinda grindy but in a fun way, and there were a lot of them so you could pick and chose which to do... idk

Long story short: Nah game is no one near a grind fest as BE and was super fucking fun when I played it in the JP Version even not knowing what the fuck I was doing half the time (though it was intuitive enough I never got lost lost)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    When I played it it didn't feel like it at all, in fact the one event I remember fully was the FF7 Remake event and It was just a Point A > B Story (with side paths you could take leading to harder bosses + More loot which is nice) that had an increasing difficulty scale and each tier you unlocked granted you a more powerful version of the Masamune(Murasam? Sephs sword), which was given to you in the beginning. But no, it never felt grindy.

Enhancing cards might feel grindy if you're anal about capping them but all of mine capped gradually as I played, and there are cards that can enhance the process directly instead of it leveling up in combat. (Unlike some games where you only gain exp from other items, in this game your cards also level up from battling as well as having unique exp cards you can use). Theres more to the cards than leveling up too theres abilities that unlock under certain conditions (noted by the cards outline glowing while in combat) which will be unlocked permanently once unlocked.

They introduced Co-Op PVE against Espers/Summons and that was kinda grindy but in a fun way, and there were a lot of them so you could pick and chose which to do... idk

Long story short: Nah game is no one near a grind fest as BE and was super fucking fun when I played it in the JP Version even not knowing what the fuck I was doing half the time (though it was intuitive enough I never got lost lost)
    Good to know because I'm losing interest in BE after all this recent bs. Especially if there's better alternatives.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

BE was fun in the beginning, but I grew tired of it. RK is a lot more fun, hoping Mobius is just as fun so I can replace BE.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Starting to potentially lean towards this as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For me, being a huge FFRk fan, It was always an adequate replacement to FFRK when I was out of Stamina in FFRK back when I had the JP version (Before I deleted it due to NA coming out soon). The only thing I can say that kinda sucked is that it was hard to build up for pulls unless there was an event going on, but never felt unobtainable.

The game was really fun and the combat was too, especially with all the different cards you can equip, each having an element and type(linked to Job), but also each job had sub classes which can change what elements they could use. In the video above you can see he's getting Fire,Light,Dark and Hearts (All classes build up hearts). Warrior class has a unique ability to generate Rainbow energy to use any element (which I think is randomly generated when using a card but I dont know). But when I played they had a Warrior Job (Sub classes I can remember were Dark Knight, Paladin, etc), a 2-Dagger class (Sub class i recall are Thief, Ranger, Beastmaster), and a Magic Class which subs were Black Mage, Red Mage, Red Wizard, White mage, etc. (They added Monk later on too but I didnt get to play that much)

Its a lot to take but but what I'm getting at is theres a huge variety in classes and fighting styles... and I'm sure I missed a lot from not knowing Japanese.

Its much more fun than FFBE has been proving to be...

Edit: Should also mention its a battery whore, but you should expect that with graphics like those.
    edit2: also Prepare for it to take forever to install the first time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast