+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mobius (Mevius) Final Fantasy - Retired as of June 30, 2020

I didn't see a topic for this (working under the assumption that people are correct and this isn't the super secret special game that is to be announced).

Official website: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/MEVIUSFF/en/index.html

SquarePortal article with some magazine images: http://squareportal.net/2014/12/16/t...ils/banner-27/

Images spoilers for size:
    Spoiler: show

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Saw kotaku thread. looks dumb and retarded. By the way, the "key feature" is map exploration. Oh did i mention the map exploration is completely Automated. Dude looks like he got his fashion design from vahn and kujas brand clothing. Article mentions going back to "warrior of light roots", Aka ff1. Also how the fuck do you hold a two handed sword one handed?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Beavis Final Fantasy?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Beavis Final Fantasy?
    Tell me you wouldn't want to play Beavis & Butt-head FF game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    Saw kotaku thread. looks dumb and retarded. By the way, the "key feature" is map exploration. Oh did i mention the map exploration is completely Automated. Dude looks like he got his fashion design from vahn and kujas brand clothing. Article mentions going back to "warrior of light roots", Aka ff1. Also how the fuck do you hold a two handed sword one handed?
    Well, from what they've said:
    although you select the places you want to go on the map and you are automatically transported there, the exploration of the fields, the strategic battles and the leveling systems conform to the orthodox FF games. The scenario is by Nojima so the story will be on par with a numbered game, featuring refined plot twists.
    It looks like it is like FF13-2 or Dragon Age: Inquisition. You select an area on the map and it takes you to that zone. So the exploration of the map is probably referring to each unique area and not the overall map. Not to say that the areas will be DAI sized, just the type of travel between disjointed areas.

What confuses me most about titles like this is that they push the idea of "console-like" experiences on a smartphone (which isn't what I want, personally), but they don't release a console version. Do they really believe that a full priced console experience on smartphones and tablets will sell well? I feel like putting the game on PSN, Live, and Steam would be much better for their western audience (while the iOS/Android route may be better for Japan). There are cross platform engines that would allow you to build versions for all of those platforms. My guess is they put it out at a pretty insane price point (at least, insane for mobile users) and it sells poorly, no matter how good it is.

Christ dude, if this isn't the super duper secrete release, how fucking thin are they spreading themselves with all these games?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Christ dude, if this isn't the super duper secrete release, how fucking thin are they spreading themselves with all these games?
    SquareEnix stated that it was "a new home console RPG" and "was very clear about it being an RPG, not a remake, and on home consoles". So this game checks two of the boxes, but not the third. Matsuda made a pretty clear separation between home consoles and portables (and differentiated home console from smartphones and tablets).

In some ways, I think seeing more games from SquareEnix is a good thing (although I'd prefer to see more IPs and less Final Fantasy spinoffs). Final Fantasy XIII was a pretty huge undertaking, in terms of manpower working to finish the game. When Final Fantasy XIV failed, they had to once again devote a number of resources to fixing the game. With those two projects completed and scaled back, they have a fair number of developers available. Keep in mind that SquareEnix as a company is a developer and publisher that includes their subsidiaries. When they announce games, sometimes they're only publishing, sometimes they're internal from Japan or Europe, other times they're contracted out to other companies.

Remember that there were over 300 people working on XIII at one point. XIV also had a huge team (to make it broken, then fix it). SquareEnix made a point of how they believe the large development team and time frame caused problems with the game and stated that they would work with smaller teams in the future. From what I've read in that past, SquareEnix had somewhere in the neighborhood of 700 "developers" shortly after the merger (SquareEnix as a corporation employees something like 3500 people). With Type-0 HD and this game supposed to release in Spring 2015, there are development resources freed. We know that XV is in full production now and Kingdom Hearts is in some stage of production. Take into account outsourcing and I can see them having a few smaller teams working on smartphone / tablet and mobile games and still have the resources for a larger (~100) person team working on a full title without compromising the quality of the other two large titles we know are in production.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Tell me you wouldn't want to play Beavis & Butt-head FF game.
    Anyone who claims they wouldn't play this is lying to themselves.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Mobile Game"
    k

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It's Vaan/Reks

They upped the gay with this guy <_<;

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

To me, it is looking more and more like a Lightning Returns skin for FF1.

Dude looks really homo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    To me, it is looking more and more like a Lightning Returns skin for FF1.
    I don't mind that, LR was fun and with some improvements and shit could be great. I mean story aside.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Tap! Tap! Tap! Kill those rehashed bosses from LR:FFXIII~

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

looks bad

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Game Name changed to Mobius Final Fantasy, New Details
    • The protagonist, whose default name is Wal, is voiced by Nobunaga Shimazaki. The heroine, Sarah Lotte Cornelia, is voiced by Yumi Hara. Mog the Moogle is voiced by Misaki Kuno.
    • The first job, the Onion Swordsman, initially had a very exposed design. This has since been changed.
    • Mitsuto Suzuki is the composer for the battle background music, called “Warrior of Light.”
    • If you include side elements, the volume of the game is said to reach that of several console games. It will only expand with updates, which will be released regularly following release.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/04/mevius-fi...inutes-footage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast