Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was really surprised at their progress so far. Watched the second and third game of their series vs CJ.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Check out their 3rd game against Najin too. They played it out like a team that's been together for a long time, not a newly formed group of individually skilled dudes stuck together as a team.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Bengi's Nunu play is out of this world lately. Teams shouldn't just be banning that champ. He should be banned by OGN from picking it. It's not even fair at this point.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Nunu is probably my favorite champion to be fed on. Snowball and punching people to death is the best ever.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Madlife's blind hook against SBENU.

I can't even.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

You mean the one behind Baron at like 24min in the first game? He was just checking a bush that he didn't have a ward in. Madlife has made a lot of crazy hooks in his day, but that one was fairly pedestrian. The play by Coco and Space around the bot lane at 20min was both more impressive and had more impact on the outcome of that match.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Watching some LCK games at the moment, what's with the "camera's on me! hide!" reaction from the crowd in the studio? lol

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That's just a thing with Korean girls in general. Unless they are taking a picture of themselves, they will try to cover their faces. Been here nearly 5 years, and still haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone about why they do that.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    That's just a thing with Korean girls in general. Unless they are taking a picture of themselves, they will try to cover their faces. Been here nearly 5 years, and still haven't gotten a straight answer from anyone about why they do that.
    I thought it was a chinese only thing (only noticed it on the korean games today) lol. Rather hypocritical really considering how much they love their cameras and taking photos of absolutely everything.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

I'd assume that it roots from the same behavior as covering their mouth when they laugh? Japanese do that too. Maybe they also don't want to be seen enjoying something like video games. Something something social stigma. Monte once said that back in the SC scene a lot of of the kids were skipping school/studying to watch the games. They hid their face to not get caught.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I certainly was not expecting SKT to drop a game to Anarchy tonight.

BG Level

Only watched the first game, seemed convincing. What happened in the 2nd?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Short answer: A combination of SKT playing a little sloppy and itemizing poorly, and Anarchy dominating vision with a comp that scaled hard into the late game.

Shorter answer: Snowflower looked like the result of S2 Madlife and S4 Mata having a Thresh-playing baby.

BG Level

So SKT made CJ look like a bottom tier team. Faker hard carries on Viktor in G1 just to style on them as Master Yi in G2. Wolf played exceptionally on Annie, would deserve MVP for G2 IMO. Still, Faker unchained. Can play whatever the fuck he wants, no matter the team they're facing.

I still hope CJ or some of the mid-tier teams get their shit together and pose a challenge to SKT. Another undefeated split would be awesome but probably not the best preparation for worlds.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To be fair, it was all about the bengi and wolf roams to wreck coco, and ambition got sent back to the stoneage at lvl 1, he was never gonna be relevant unless solo lanes managed to win on their own.
    When your jungler and mid get shit on that hard it's very difficult to get anything going.

Faker could've played sona mid and won that game.

BG Level

One thing I'd never thought of seeing in this meta, a Riven penta.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Just got home, and checked out that game specifically. Aside from the Riven penta, that was an interesting game. You could really see how JinAir set out an early dragon-centric strategy as a way to force favorable team fights and have the 5th dragon timer on their side going into late game, but the Tigers played the vision game so well going into the second and third dragons that JinAir had to adjust. JinAir tried to improvise by focusing towers, but KOO was able to counter that by trading (that 2-for-2 tower trade in the mid-game was gorgeous), and do it in such a way as to develop Baron control at the same time. Smeb, especially starting around 24min, really got the snowball rolling on Riven, gaining a kill and around 20cs in under a minute, and from then on JinAir was chasing the game. The main point is that it was fun to see JinAir develop their strategy, have it get countered by KOO's vision control, recognize this and then switch immediately to a new strategy on the fly. It ultimately didn't work out, but it was the right way to play out that game for JinAir.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

the 3-0, i'd love to say SKT is just an amazing team and unstoppable but KT just looked awful in this series in my opinion

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was a good series, it's just a shame so much talent left korea for china, having 2-3 strong teams would make it a much better region.

I think perhaps SKT is still the best, but china is a deeper talent pool at this point.
    China has a real shot at taking worlds this year though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

last time i said that here i got a late of hate, be careful! (though i said i think EDG is the best, but same thought process)