+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OGN Champions Spring 2015     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

OGN Champions Spring 2015

The OGN Champions Spring 2015 season starts next week, and the schedule for the first round came out today.

There are some major changes to Champions this season, and here's a little reminder:
    • Champions is now a 14-week long league format, not a tournament.
    • The schedule is split into two rounds. Each team will play each other team in a BO3 match once per round, with a week break between rounds.
    • The top 4 teams after the second round finishes will advance to the playoffs.
    • Organizations can only have one team, but rosters can be as large as 10 players.
    • There will only be eight teams (see rosters below).

Schedule - Matches start at 6PM KST / 10AM CET / 4AM EST / 1AM PST

Rosters:

English stream will be run on Riot's channel, and HD VODs will be available for free. http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Yes! Finally back to full streaming schedules. I could only watch a few matches from the preseason tournament, but SKT looked very strong at the end. Especially Marin/Bengi/Easyhoon stepped up big times, while Faker is Faker and Bang/Wolf always played decently. Samsung felt like old KTA, but still very rough around the corners. CJ played bad, like really really bad. No clue about the others.

BTW Riot's channel will be 720p, OGN's hopefully stays 1080p for subs, although they should lower the price now. Still, I need that sexy 1080p!

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Riot didn't neglect to put up a YouTube stream too. God bless 'em.

EDIT: nvm mad trollin by Riot. Had a countdown, then just "starting soon..."

BG Level

Man, there really is no 1080p anymore I understand that it's a huge step for OGN to have it run on Riot's channel + free. There are 100k watching right now when there usually were 20-30k. But come on, it's 2015.

faker penta kirr

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Not a competitive set at all, but I'm happy Champions is back just the same.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

GE's team fighting and engages are looking strong. IM has the worst pick/ban I've seen in a long time, even with coaches in the booth. New dragon stack counter tonight is so much nicer than the one they tried on Wednesday.

EDIT: Game 2 of JinAir vs Samsung has not been a great, high level game. It has been wildly entertaining. Support Syndra, base races, crazy Nexus saves, etc.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

LOL.

Jinair vs Samsung game 2 is worth watching if you need a laugh.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You guys got a link to game 2? I always love a random high profile giggle fest

BG Level

Jin Air hammering down the nexus and I'm thinking: What were you guys talking about, this game wasn't that interesting.....oh shit! Awesome game

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

CJ 2-0 SKT, Easyhoon actually looked good, but SKTs baron calls were awful. They took him out and put Faker in G2 and they just got shit on.

CJ didn't even look good in Game 1, SKT just misplayed it hard, donating 2 barons and 1-2 dragons because of bad calls.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

SKT had season four DIG level objective control in game 1. CJ just played a solid game in game 2. They knew what they wanted to do from the start, and executed the Faker camp well.

After the first week, IM and KT seem like the worst teams. Obviously a small sample size, but they were really underwhelming. Najin has looked as good as expected, GET will be fun to watch this season, and CJ now has the potential to really surprise some teams. Watching this play out in BO3s is going to be a lot of fun. I am already sold on this league format.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

GE Tigers vs Samsung tonight. We've got a support Sejuani in game 1.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Watch the VODs for CJ vs Najin. The whole series got better with each game, with the last game being the early leader for game of the year.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Just finished that match! Epic!

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That last game was in tents.

BG Level

I really wonder what happend to CJ between preseason and now. They went from playing disastrously to beeing a contender for top 3. Great to see tho, makes the whole season more competitive.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

GE Tigers continue to impress. Really excited to see them go up against Najin, SKT and CJ in the next couple of weeks.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Game 1 of Najin vs Jin Air was fascinating. Strong pick comp vs. heavy poke comp, but played very intelligently and patiently. Only 7 total kills in over an hour, but the vision control, fluid evaluation of objective value and creativity in trying to outsmart each other was so fun to watch. The quality of games in OGN this season has been great despite losing so many world class players between seasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast