+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Seeing it soon so the jews in hollywood continue to make movies that piss panda off.
    I'm doing my part too.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Just got back from seeing it a little while ago..

Spoiler: show
    I have not made up my mind on whether it was good or not. It was a interesting take on Ghost in the Shell I'll give it that. Seemed like they wanted it to be a mashup of the manga, original movie and the TV series. They changed the Major's backstory not letting her know who she really was until towards the end which I didn't think was necessary. Her origins of how she became a cyborb are only hinted at in the TV series if I remember right so I guess they decided to make up something new for this movie. The visuals were very impressive like with how the city looked and the holographic effects. I don't know why they had Aramaki speaking in Japanese the whole time with subtitles that was weird. My favorite part of the movie though was when when Cutter sent his soilders to kill him. "You don't send a rabbit to kill a fox." Old man.. LIKE A BOSS! They pretty much copied and pasted parts of the movie into this like the fight in the shallow water with the thermo optic camouflage and the fight with the spider tank which was cool.

I want to like it.. but right now I'm just not sure.

i agree almost completely with the vince mancini guy at uproxx, the world the movie inhabited was pretty awesome, interesting, and looked great. but the movie itself was not good

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Was better than the source material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Was better than the source material

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3/10

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    3/10
    Same rating I have the source material

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Same rating I have the source material
    Trying too hard.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

To preface, I never got around to watching the anime so there's no comparison bias going on.

This movie was boring. I could see the major plot points coming from a mile away and they weren't even executed that great.

It would've been a better movie if they picked a different place in the same setting.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm just going to rewatch Blade Runner to feel a bit better after reading some of these comments.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Had a terrible movie experience last night... the theater's projector was messing up and they couldn't fix it, so we were only seeing the middle of the screen with portions of left, right, top, bottom missing.... which meant we missed some subtitles (pissed me off). On top of this, partially a win and fail for me, we did a later showtime since the lady was taking me out for steaks for my birthday before hand. Due to the steak, sides, wine, and late showtime I had a pretty good food coma on and blanked out for a couple scenes...

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    They changed the Major's backstory not letting her know who she really was until towards the end which I didn't think was necessary. Her origins of how she became a cyborb are only hinted at in the TV series if I remember right so I guess they decided to make up something new for this movie.
    While you were correct in the series not going too much into specifics, the idea was that as a child she was in some kind of plane crash and pretty much went full cyborg as a kid. And while she had trouble adapting at first, she obviously got the hang of it (through a twist of fate help from one of the season's antagonists) and the rest is pretty much fill in the blank.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Had a terrible movie experience last night... the theater's projector was messing up and they couldn't fix it, so we were only seeing the middle of the screen with portions of left, right, top, bottom missing.... which meant we missed some subtitles (pissed me off). On top of this, partially a win and fail for me, we did a later showtime since the lady was taking me out for steaks for my birthday before hand. Due to the steak, sides, wine, and late showtime I had a pretty good food coma on and blanked out for a couple scenes...
    Did you get your money back?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    Did you get your money back?
    yes we did

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I liked it. It felt very old school anime, rather than trying to turn it into a modern mindless action flick. It really felt nostalgic with the beautiful visuals, and I am ok with that.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    rather than trying to turn it into a modern mindless action flick.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    I'm just going to rewatch Blade Runner to feel a bit better after reading some of these comments.
    I feel bad for reading Blade Runner but picturing:

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Just took some friends unfamiliar with the anime and we all loved it. I actually think it was better than some of the old stuff.

We saw "Your Name" afterwards, and that was fantastic.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I liked it. It felt very old school anime, rather than trying to turn it into a modern mindless action flick. It really felt nostalgic with the beautiful visuals, and I am ok with that.
    Haven't seen the movie yet but I'm glad the art and design is being praised as it's done by Ash Thorp and Maciej Kuciara, the guys behind the fan-made project done some years ago:

Register to see the NSFW content

http://www.ashthorp.com/ghost-in-the-shell

http://www.ashthorp.com/project-2501...t-in-the-shell

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was more or less what I expected of a Scarjo film. Nice to look at and pretty to look at

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Aesthetics were great, writing was comically bad, action was okay. I'd give it a solid 6 if only for the visuals.