Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I would like them to never do live action for any of this ever.

It's always bad. This is gonna be awful.

I agree on not needing a live action version of, well, anything.

I don't think it adds anything to the stories, live action is always more limiting than animation for obvious reasons.

Don't agree that it's always necessarily awful, movie adaptations like this can be decent on their own but it's just harder to appreciate for those familiar with the source material because you know it had so much more potential.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can always just do motion tracking and use the actors via VA.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I would like them to never do live action for any of this ever.

It's always bad. This is gonna be awful.
    It's almost like you don't want a live action FMA with an amazingly talented cast and hundreds of billions of dollars behind it.
    Edward Elric: Zac Efron
    Alphonse Elric: Voiced by Christopher walken
    Roy Mustang: Jackie Chan
    Riza Hawkeye: Scarlett Johanson
    Winry: Alexandra Daddario
    Scar: Idris Elba
    Armstrong: Dwayne Johnson
    Father: Michael Wincott

Spoiler: show
    I actually love Michael Wincott and think he has the best voice in hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Sold.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

It's almost like you don't want a live action FMA with an amazingly talented cast and hundreds of billions of dollars behind it.
    Edward Elric: Zac Efron
    Roy Mustang: Jackie Chan
    Riza Hawkeye: Scarlett Johanson
    Winry: Alexandra Daddario
    Scar: Idris Elba
    Armstrong: Dwayne Johnson
    Father: Michael Wincott

I actually love Michael Wincott and think he has the best voice in hollywood.
    You make a compelling argument.

Yeah, anime's greatest strength is that whatever series they draw from tend not to be limited to 90 minutes. It's ultimately why I shook my head at the rumblings of a Bleach movie since it would either need to be done with sequels in mind or hideously cut to allow the acquisition of Ichigo's powers and eventual Rukia rescue, everything in between be damned.

Relative to GitS, it's for similar reasons why the SAC seasons feel "better" to me than the movies do. I can't think of many incidents in shows where you get a mix of fuck yeah and sadness like the near-end of S1. I don't think S2 was as strong, though, even though hints into Motoko's origin were welcome.

Still expecting to wind up feeling indifferent about this movie, though.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Scarjo is cancer in actress form, I can't wait for her to make an actual cyborg character seem even more lifeless and devoid of emotion than it was in the source material. Major was an interesting emotional character, scarjo is a fucking verbal sleeping pill of monotony.

If just one of these people could do for live action adaptations of anime what dark knight did for batman I'd be pretty jazzed, I just don't see it happening. Shit like millenium actress is ripe for a live action adaptation with a good actress.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

She was objectively good in Lost in Translation.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Her finest work in that was the intro closeup of her quasi see through panties. I am going to go ahead and assume that most of what we saw from her in Lucy is much of the same we will get from her in GITS.

Which if true please just blow my head open now. I would love to know one single person that see's her epitomize strength in any sense given her proclivity to be thrown into action role after action role, black widow>Lucy>GITS emilia blunt is like 5ft 20lbs and still gives a better sense of that than anything scarjo could ever muster. I'm fuckin sick of her titties and DSL's dictating her roles. I hate hollywood, I hate shit actors, and I hate the enablers most of all. I feel exactly about arrival/prometheus and soon this that people feel about a Trump presidency. As if ive stumbled into some upside down world where nothing makes sense and surely these outcomes are an impossibility yet here they are happening despite me not being able to share the rules of my reality with their existence. Surely these things should not exist in a rational society.

Also,
    fuck Lost in Translation, never has a movie made me more mad for having been recommended such trash by friends. I would say prometheus left me the most bitter but the amount of hilarity in it's failings soften the blow

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, anime's greatest strength is that whatever series they draw from tend not to be limited to 90 minutes.
    I would argue that this is also its biggest weakness. They never want to condense themselves because drawing things out is more cost effective. It's a problem TV/comics/manga share as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    I would argue that this is also its biggest weakness. They never want to condense themselves because drawing things out is more cost effective. It's a problem TV/comics/manga share as well.
    If all you want is really a singular plot with some other sub-plots potentially woven in, then sure, a movie can ideally pull it off. However, if the goal is to really create a world, something someone can immerse themselves in and inevitably believe/wish it true, then the more you have to work with increases that possibility of success.

Not to say there are never trash arcs or filler, but I guess I'd liken it to imagining LotR ending after the first movie. Can work standalone, but people wanted more because there was more to be told.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Her finest work in that was the intro closeup of her quasi see through panties. I am going to go ahead and assume that most of what we saw from her in Lucy is much of the same we will get from her in GITS.
    I think you should go rewatch the first 20ish minutes of Lucy. She was actually good up until she gets the drug in her and then she becomes a robot, which makes me think that's what the director told her to be. She was probably told something along the lines of "think Dr. Manhattan."

Honestly, I think ScarJo has just become one of those people it's cool to hate. She's not an amazing actress, but she's perfectly fine.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I think you should go rewatch the first 20ish minutes of Lucy. She was actually good up until she gets the drug in her and then she becomes a robot, which makes me think that's what the director told her to be. She was probably told something along the lines of "think Dr. Manhattan."

Honestly, I think ScarJo has just become one of those people it's cool to hate. She's not an amazing actress, but she's perfectly fine.
    I disagree, and the first 20 minutes were her being kidnapped and standing in a room trying to look scared which I didn't feel she succeeded at. There are better looking, cheaper, and more talented actresses out there but I have to stare at this fucking potato in various spandex suits because someone labeled her a sex symbol-action star. I would murder 100x scarjo's to see Daddario in her roles if not even just for the eye candy factor.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Unless or until we get the next Hunger Games you're not going to get any new leading actresses in big summer movies.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hunger games are done.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I didn't mean literally the next sequel to those movies, I meant the next young adult pop culture phenomenon that could take a relative unknown to star status like Hunger Games did for Jennifer Lawrence.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah okay. I don't even see that happening anytime soon because all the imitations have mostly failed. Divergent being the big example of that. The final film in the series looks to be a direct to TV movie.

We built this city

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yeah, it's hit or miss, but don't forget that Hunger Games itself was just capitalizing on the success of Twilight, which was capitalizing on the success of Harry Potter. The young adult market is obviously hugely influential if you can figure out what they want.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Ah okay. I don't even see that happening anytime soon because all the imitations have mostly failed. Divergent being the big example of that. The final film in the series looks to be a direct to TV movie.
    Those movies should never have been made.

The source material is awful. They make the Hunger Games look like Lord of the Rings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast