+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Fiber     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    Should be illegal. Not just sniffing traffic, but having a data cap too. Paying for a monthly service that they won't actually provide is theft.
    ATT has data caps on ALL of their services. 250GB for anything not Gig. and 1TB for Gig.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Where's here?
    Charlotte

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    ATT has data caps on ALL of their services. 250GB for anything not Gig. and 1TB for Gig.
    Seriously? So if you actually managed to get your full download speed, you could use your service for...two and a bit hours? I know that there's very few servers you could actually pull a single download from at that speed, but multiple people in a house using anywhere near your max speed for a few hours total during the month puts you over.

Looking at my phone, I've used 12Gb of data this month and I didn't use it on the weekends. That's ~700MB a day. My home connection with a few people watching movies/TV with Netflix/Hulu/Amazon/YouTube, listening to music with Spotify/Pandora/Google, and downloading games on Steam? Shit, there's no doubt I'd be paying a bucket load of overages.

250GB cap would fuck me lol.

http://www.att.com/esupport/internet/usage.jsp

2% of users "congest" internet for the other 98%... *cough bullshit*.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

ATLANTA, yays. I hope it makes out to where I am..for when things get better. I'd be glad to have a better choice than Uverse or Comcrap. (We're about 20-30 minutes east of Atlanta.)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Charlotte! Yesssssssss. Finally I can break away from ATT/TWC

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Their starting to expand the KC area to the suburbs which means I just have to wait a bit longer.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

After they announced Google was coming to Nashville, the local companies stepped up BIGTIME. $99 a month - just got Fiber installed this morning:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4...fb_ref=Default

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    Their starting to expand the KC area to the suburbs which means I just have to wait a bit longer.
    Where in the roll-out are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    After they announced Google was coming to Nashville, the local companies stepped up BIGTIME. $99 a month - just got Fiber installed this morning:

I so hate you right now.

You should switch to google fiber anyways.... they don't give you anything until they are scared of losing market share.... fuck'em

I can't until they start actually deploying it, I'd rather have 900/400 that you have for 99 than the 50/5 for 70 that I have...

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Think you got us mixed up. Google won't actually be available for 20-24 months from now. Also 900/450 is hell of a lot better than the 50/15 I was getting from comcast for the same price lol.

Pages are literally loading almost before I click them

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post

Looks they said fuck it and gave you the commercial package for a fraction of the cost. We get that for older apt buildings where snaking new cable isn't worth it, and just roll "free QoS" wifi into the rent.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    You should switch to google fiber anyways.... they don't give you anything until they are scared of losing market share.... fuck'em
    This is why I herald the coming of Google Fiber and will for a long time to come. There's no reason why what Google Fiber is currently offering isn't the NORM right now in the US... in 2015. While what Google is doing right now is a great undertaking, it's not exactly something new in terms of speed, just new to the public (also the stripping of old copper and addition of new fiber infrastructure). Fiber benefits us in a world where much more bandwidth is needed for even simple tasks and entertainment.

It's always about market share and dividends for these motherfuckers.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

So at&t has decided to bring GigaMax to areas where Fiber is available.

Here's the catch:

You get Walking Dead!
    You get 1GBPS internet!
    You get the same low price, for three years as long as you sign a contract!

It's also not available yet, despite the fact that I have AT&T.

I can get U-verse. They claim that U-verse with gigapower is in Raleigh, haven't seen where but I can't get it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

This is why I am considering a relocation to Austin/San Antonio which was just announced for Google Fiber. The service is what others have said it should be the norm for service in the US. Our infrastructure is so far behind what other countries off it is ridiculous.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gotta love Comcast and today's constant ups and downs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast