Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Waiting for the first fight between kids where one gets tossed up over the plastic and cut in half by gravity.
    I saw something close enough way back in middle school. The one "bad" kid got in a fight and shoved a kid through a glasss window. Lots of blood.

This was a "good, white" school in the middle of upper middle surburbia, so yeah, it was quite the talk of town for awhile.

I quip grimly, but it's unfortunate such a "solution" reeks of lowest bidder and lack of foresight.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

What are the long term effects of cancelling the school year?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm sure there are some historical precedence for it happening (possibly Japan post-WW2??), but I don't have any of the data.

Can't imagine it being good, and I think its kind of telling if it happened about the lack of effectiveness of a first world country to not be able to handle something like this. When the country is fighting each other constantly for everything large and small, no wonder its hard to implement unified strategies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://news.yahoo.com/log-off-log-o...ity&soc_trk=fb

An 18 yr old in Chicago was caught sexually assaulting a 7 yr old during a remote learning session.

An 18-year-old man out on bond for a gun case was held without bail after he livestreamed himself during a sexual act with a 7-year-old first grader on break from her Chicago Public Schools remote learning class on Thursday prosecutors said.

Catrell A. Walls, of the West Chesterfield neighborhood on the South Side, was arrested Thursday afternoon shortly after 3:30 p.m., after he was seen molesting the girl, police said.

Police were made aware of the attack when the girl’s teacher saw it on a computer screen during a Google classroom e-learning session.

In addition to Thursday afternoon’s incident, which alarmed multiple students who viewed it and were heard asking, “What’s going on, what’s happening?”

Walls is a senior in high school and plans on finishing, said his lawyer. He works 40 hours a week, sometimes six days a week, in construction; has “extensive family ties,” including several siblings and other relatives; and is not a flight risk.

Walls has no history of sexual crimes, or violent crimes, his attorney said, adding Walls has been diagnosed with a disorder that impairs his ability to control his impulses and concentration, said the lawyer, calling it “somewhat of a disability.”

Judge Charles Beach, before ordering no bail for Walls, said he had several reasons he made that decision, the first being Walls was “currently on bail for a felony offense.”

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Biden has also committed to a Sec. of Education that has classroom teaching experience. A lot of people I know who work in schools are also excited knowing that FLOTUS is going to be a former secondary teacher with specialty in education for those with disabilities and a PhD in an education specialty.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

That's honestly what I am most happy about so far. It hits personal for me as my son is a special needs child...and the last four years I've been in constant worry about all the stupid shit the Trump admin would be willing to do to fuck over kids in general in the education system.

Hope DeVos falls off a fucking cliff and never heard from again.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

So fucking glad she is being out once Biden and his admin comes in. Fuck Betsy DeVos...hope she crawls back under the fucking moss covered rock she came from.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I don't know a single teacher (even repubs) who liked her.

Good, fucking riddance.

With that being said, unless Biden DOES decide to do an education overhaul, we're going to find things to basically be about the same as they currently are.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just letting you all know the new Sec of Ed is a laugh and a half. Only taught 3 years before becoming an admin. Translation in the teaching world=couldn’t cut it in the classroom and got out ASAP.

Already said COVID doesn’t spread in schools and wants them all to reopen.

Basically, nothing is changing in the education world.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

except probably an enormous amount is about to change and putting an administrator in an administrative role isn't damning to many people outside of teachers

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Here is his bio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_Cardona

* Doctorate of Education, so probably big on teaching theory / administration.
    * Bilingual learning experience (increasingly relevant)
    * Spent 2-3 years as a teacher
    * Spent 10 years as a principal
    * Worked as Commissioner of Education for a state

I think he is pretty qualified in general. If I was going to be contrarian, I'd say that the federal Department of Education is primarily a lending institution at this point and Biden should have picked someone with a finance background (perhaps from Fannie or Freddie). However, they committed to making it a teacher. I'm not sure whether the Secretary of education has an actual chance to affect teaching policy, which is what this guy seems most suited for.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Worked 13 years at the individual school level, what's the problem?

No, I don't want a school teacher becoming a secretary. They don't have enough admin experience. I'd like someone with teaching experience sure, but I don't want some 20 year vet teacher becoming secretary and then showing up with their old ass fuck ways not knowing how to be effective.

I'm not jumping for joy cause this guy has zero name recognition for me, but man he's leaps and bounds better than his predecessor in qualifications already.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Saying "nothing will change" in the Department of Education is the worst example of how badly shit has been normalized I can imagine. Nothing will change installing an actual educational administrator over Betsy fucking DeVos? Come on now.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Wife has been teaching for 15 years... and I told his credentials vs the shit bag we have currently at the Dept of Education... this person is leaps and bounds better ! Not sure ANYONE can say 'Oh it's going to be more of the same'. And, Biden didn't play the NEA vs AFT card. Not sure you could get better compared to what we have been dealing with...

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I for one can't wait to see the change when a non-brain surgeon runs Housing and Urban Development.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag