+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Which is why I say.. fuck the original Transformers Movie, that shit traumatized me as a child.. I can still remember the emotional trauma of watching Optimus Prime die.....
    I'm fairly sure it is the movie I've watched more times than any in my life. Easily in my Top 3-5 movies of all-time.

Also, I have no idea why, but the first like 5 minutes of the movie was scary AS FUCK to me as a kid.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Which is why I say.. fuck the original Transformers Movie, that shit traumatized me as a child.. I can still remember the emotional trauma of watching Optimus Prime die.....
    Honestly as a kid, Brawns death was worse. Straight up executed at point blank range.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Honestly as a kid, Brawns death was worse. Straight up executed at point blank range.
    Brawn's death was laughable though. Yeah, he was shot point blank...at the edge of his shoulder. There's been people saying he may not have died because of him appearing later, and another post-movie episode where they mention those that died and don't mention him:

Besides Optimus, the interred Autobots whose names are read off by Daniel are Ironhide, Prowl, Ratchet, and Huffer. The first three were killed off in The Transformers: The Movie, all in the same scene, in fact. This is the first time we learn of Huffer's death, however. The absence of Brawn (also killed off in the same scene) has led to joking fandom speculation that he must have survived getting shot in the shoulder (bolstered by his and Huffer's animation-error appearance in "Carnage in C-Minor"). Wheeljack and Windcharger's bodies weren't even mentioned, despite their offscreen deaths in the movie.
    from http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Awakening_(episode)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Transformers 5: The Last Knight (June 23, 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Brawn's death was laughable though. Yeah, he was shot point blank...at the edge of his shoulder. There's been people saying he may not have died because of him appearing later, and another post-movie episode where they mention those that died and don't mention him:

from http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dark_Awakening_(episode)
    Well remember brawn took the shoulder blast, then was grabbing at megatron' leg before he got capped at point blank range. He survived the initial shoulder shot.

Oh never mind that was ironhide, not brawn.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah the most realistic way to think of Brawn as dead is they finished him up after the scene. And yeah, the "such heroic nonsense" shot was clearly Ironhide. That death...man he was my favorite.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't know how I got them backwards as my childhood revolved around transformers, Atari 2600 and baseball.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watched the first three movies in one sitting. I feel like my brain got shat on so badly. It was like watching the same movie 3 times in a row. Good God, Bay is a terrible director. The editting was so off. For example; in Dark of the Moon, they show the Wreckers setting up the rocket, while standing right next to it. Next scene shows them driving up miles away on a road with Optimus and the rest. Did they leave and then come back just to give this epic shot of them all driving up together? Transitions like this are very blatant in other movies too. Just terrible.

I swear, these movies are spliced worse than the most terrible russian wedding video. How ta fuck does this franchize keeps making money?

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I usually give the first movie in a franchise a little less harshness then their sequels. First movies are tough to get into and explain to an audience that is not as familiar to it as the fans. But ya, Transformers 1 was dog shit, save for like 2 moments.

First time Optimus transforms and says "Autobots, lets roll out"
    When Megatron says "You've failed me, yet again, Starscream"

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I fucking loved the first Bay transformers. 2 was disappointing. 3 was shit. 4 was possibly the worst movie i've ever seen.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I fucking loved the first Bay transformers. 2 was disappointing. 3 was shit. 4 was possibly the worst movie i've ever seen.
    ^

Despite the blatant product placement and jazz getting horribly murdered after thirty seconds of screen time, everything fit and was a good summer popcorn movie. It's when bay started to reinvent personalities, and nearly causing Peter Cullen to have a nervous breakdown in the fourth that it all started going to shit. And don't even get me started on the racist autobots

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watching AoE now.

haha, Bee's statement "I hate cheap knockoffs" after killing Stinger which was produced in China along with other mass produced Decepticons.

or Optimus's line "We are here to give you freedom. You either protect our family or die" after fighting Dinobots.

Not only is this movie full of racist stereotypes, but it's 3 fucking hours of obvious product placement and cringeworthy acting.

Et tu, Tucci?!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Today isn't some new April Fools Day in August thing is it?

Apparently the actor that played King Arthur in Once Upon A Time has joined the cast of Transformers. As King Arthur. Merlin will also be part of the story.

http://mashable.com/2016/08/29/trans.../#fZMeb7z65aqx

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wat.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Today isn't some new April Fools Day in August thing is it?

Apparently the actor that played King Arthur in Once Upon A Time has joined the cast of Transformers. As King Arthur. Merlin will also be part of the story.

http://mashable.com/2016/08/29/trans.../#fZMeb7z65aqx
    There was a goofy episode in the original series were they went back in time and met King Arthur and Merlin. If they are using that as a basis for this movie then Michael Bay has offically lost his mind.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

From that article:

Paramount will release Transformers: The Last Knight on June 23, 2017, and if you think the franchise entry will stop there, think again. A Bumblebee spinoff is due in June 2018, while a sixth Transformers movie is slated to arrive in June 2019.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's fine. I will keep NOT paying a penny.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    There was a goofy episode in the original series were they went back in time and met King Arthur and Merlin. If they are using that as a basis for this movie then Michael Bay has offically lost his mind.
    This cannot be real...it just can't.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    http://www.veoh.com/watch/v154680034bxa5nnm

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah the original cartoon got real special after the movie.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I guess the movie's title makes sense now? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast