Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Transformers 5: The Last Knight (June 23, 2017)

Director: Michael Bay
    Writers: Ehren Kruger, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway, & Ken Nolan
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3371366/
    Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transf...he_Last_Knight
    http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Synopsis:
    The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock).

There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference. In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.
    Cast:

Mark Walhberg - Cade Yeager
    Nicola Peltz - Tessa Yeager
    Jack Reynor - Shane Dyson
    Peter Cullen - Optimus Prime

Trailers:

Notes:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor: Jonathan Liebesman (TMNT reboot) to Direct
    http://www.enstarz.com/articles/5840...tion-video.htm

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

El Paso, TX

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah why not. I'm sure people are past their bitching and moaning at this point. Maybe.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I mean. . . Marky Mark fought one with one of their own swords. Just give up on your nostalgia and enjoy the ride.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by DrClout View Post
    Just give up on your nostalgia and enjoy the ride.
    It's still bad even if you're not a childhood fan. This one will be too.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    It's still bad even if you're not a childhood fan. This one will be too.
    http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9c/9c6c...67426dd6cd.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

From Peter Cullen (voice of Optimus):

"There is a sense that Transformers movies are going into a darker area. I think I brought the concern to the movie studio and certainly to the writers. Perhaps…Transformers 5 and 6 movies will go back more to its roots. There was an occasion where one line [in Transformers: Age Of Extinction] which Optimus Prime had, I did not want to say. It was my gut instinct and certainly my commitment to the character… not to say the line. But I was told to say. You can’t fight the big boys. I think you all know what that line was."
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...s-dark-181828/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What was the line?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    What was the line?
    I believe he's talking about

Spoiler: show
    Optimus Prime talking about killing humans

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Three simple things will make the movies much better.

1. Focus on the fucking robots
    2. Stop inventing new ones and or changing the names of existing ones. You have 4 seasons (5 if you count the extra season in japan where they actually do kill ultra magnus) + an animated movie to draw from hundreds of transformers. What they did to what was essentially Springer in the last one made me cry.
    3. Have the dinobots in for more than 5 fucking minutes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Your first point alone is all they need. No one cares about humans. If I wanted to see a movie about humans, I wouldn't be watching Transformers.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Three simple things will make the movies much better.

1. Focus on the fucking robots
    2. Stop inventing new ones and or changing the names of existing ones. You have 4 seasons (5 if you count the extra season in japan where they actually do kill ultra magnus) + an animated movie to draw from hundreds of transformers. What they did to what was essentially Springer in the last one made me cry.
    3. Have the dinobots in for more than 5 fucking minutes.
    As a long time fan of ALL generations of Transformers, I have absolutely zero problems with them making new bots. My problems with the films lie in the fact that, as your first point states, the bots are *not* the focus. I haven't even bothered watching the latest one, as I heard it was just a Mark Walhberg movie with robots in the background, which is NOT what I want out of a Transformers story.

That said, I can only assume by "Springer" you're referring to the Blue sword wielding autobot who goes from being a helicopter to a car at some point. If you are, then you don't have to be upset as that character wasn't based on Springer in any way and was more based on the actual character named Drift who also uses swords, turns into a car, was formerly a decepticon and yes, is a weeaboo.

There's actually a lot more then just 5 seasons of Transformer lore the movies pull from, and at this point they're actively creating their own, which is not new to the franchise of Transformers.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    As a long time fan of ALL generations of Transformers, I have absolutely zero problems with them making new bots. My problems with the films lie in the fact that, as your first point states, the bots are *not* the focus. I haven't even bothered watching the latest one, as I heard it was just a Mark Walhberg movie with robots in the background, which is NOT what I want out of a Transformers story.

That said, I can only assume by "Springer" you're referring to the Blue sword wielding autobot who goes from being a helicopter to a car at some point. If you are, then you don't have to be upset as that character wasn't based on Springer in any way and was more based on the actual character named Drift who also uses swords, turns into a car, was formerly a decepticon and yes, is a weeaboo.

There's actually a lot more then just 5 seasons of Transformer lore the movies pull from, and at this point they're actively creating their own, which is not new to the franchise of Transformers.
    Didn't know about him, but yeah, when I saw it was like oh cool springer, then yeah I went sad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

While I knew of the character and his basic story, I never actually made the leap to think he was Springer so I can see why that much change could be off-putting. Fortunately they haven't actually used Springer as a real character yet, and hopefully they won't unless they actually make him a real Triple Changer.

That said, Springer did get a *real* badass toy not too long ago, so he's not completely off the radar.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Well Springer was the first Autobot Triple Changer, and he used a katana for melee in the animated movie, so that's how i made the conclusion. Then he talked and threatened to kill bumblebee and yeah. So many bad memories of 4.

I also know they are creating new lore, but the "new" transformers just seem to fall flat. Jazz was awesome till they murdered him after 5 minutes of screen time. But they even seemed to start changing the established ones as well. Shockwave is a big one who comes to mind.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    While I knew of the character and his basic story, I never actually made the leap to think he was Springer so I can see why that much change could be off-putting. Fortunately they haven't actually used Springer as a real character yet, and hopefully they won't unless they actually make him a real Triple Changer.

That said, Springer did get a *real* badass toy not too long ago, so he's not completely off the radar.
    One of my favorites.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images...e/HAS22617.jpg

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://deadline.com/2015/03/transfor...fs-1201400027/
    Paramount Pictures wants more Transformers. Taking a page from Fox’s incubation of three Avatar sequels and what Disney is doing to revive Star Wars with a sequels and spinoffs, the studio is negotiating with Akiva Goldsman to work with franchise director Michael Bay, exec producer Steven Spielberg and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura to organize a “writer’s room” that will incubate ideas for a potential multi-part Transformers sequel, and come up with potential spinoff films based on the billion-dollar franchise culled from the Hasbro toy line.
    sigh

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Multi-part sequels: The Yeager family gets a reality TV show. Tessa's college years, and Cade's new inventor job at KSI. Tessa's boyfriend is replaced without explanation, and Bumblebee does goofy shit in the background.

Potential direct-to-DVD spinoff: Optimus finds the Quintessons, meets Galvatron there. Blah-blah-something-Transformers-who-cares-this-is-Hollywood-we-want-more-human-drama-buy-more-toys.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Just for the sake of me liking the Dinobots but those weren't the Dinobots in the last Transformers movie. They just happened to be similar to Dinosaurs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast