+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yea I'm booting it up for the first time in months. Might take a while with all the updates.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

They recently made a change to how leveling up works. You get traits in packs in certain level intervals. You also get rewarded some items and a preview to what's next on your next level up.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

that looks a lot like spiritmaster

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Holy bejebus I forgot how to play this game! It's like I'm trying to relearn the game from scratch. I see what they did with the traits, and I like it, a point per level was kinda pointless since you spent it by 5 anyway, so consolidating it just made it simpler. But I have to ask, since I've been away from the game for so long, wtf happened to Lion's Arch?!?! Did they just straight up blow it up as part of a story or something? I fell through a hole crossing the bridge to the laurel vendor like a n00b and it was hilarious.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

^this x100. everything's different since last time I played. thinking I'll just make a new character and start over from scratch

not having to go to an NPC to reset spec is the best thing ever

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Oh people are here again, cool. Hi. I'm pretty hype. Season two was a good pace and quality of content for me, and I've been enjoying the story immensely since Scarlet. Got pretty crazy the past few updates:

Spoiler: show
    I can't believe those theories regarding the sixth dragon + pale tree/sylvari were correct. Sleeper minions the entire time! I remember hearing it at length in beta and even once we did that inquest dungeon (lots of hints in there).. but never thought it'd be true. And holy shit Caithe, when did you become hard as fuck? That got dark REAL quick.

Can't wait to see what they can whip out with a boxed expansion.
    Interesting.

I quit the game last year around the time when WvW got expanded. It's such a shame because a lot of my friends convinced me to get the game and play it, and then all quit. I spent way too much money on gems to complete my flower bow, and that was that.

I think the suckiest part for me is that if you aim to dress your salad with plant armor, you only really have two choices, as opposed to every other race in the game. It always annoyed me that I couldn't play with my dollies more.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rizil View Post
    Holy bejebus I forgot how to play this game! It's like I'm trying to relearn the game from scratch. I see what they did with the traits, and I like it, a point per level was kinda pointless since you spent it by 5 anyway, so consolidating it just made it simpler. But I have to ask, since I've been away from the game for so long, wtf happened to Lion's Arch?!?! Did they just straight up blow it up as part of a story or something? I fell through a hole crossing the bridge to the laurel vendor like a n00b and it was hilarious.
    As part of the living story, lion's arch was invaded and it's part of the reason mordremoth is awake.

They also added a new map for wvw, and another map for spvp. You also got team and solo arenas in pvp and reward tracks in spvp that give you access to dungeon gear.

BG Level

Also got two new areas. Dry top and silver wastes. New traits were also added as well as new healing skills. Im crafting you can now browse components and craft them from the same screen. They added the mega server so you can be in an area with people from different servers. So zones are always full of people. Guilds are now world independent (resources are shared between world and all members can play on the same server for guild missions) They added one new dungeon in twilight arbor. Probs other things i'm forgetting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Does anyone have happen to have a link to a list of all the QOL changes added over the past year-ish? You guys piqued my interest D:

BG Level

This is a good place to start:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

the /Features subpage there is perfect and excactly what I was looking for, thanks

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Have been thinking of trying this again during my downtime. Quit around the peak of S2 though. Going to be pissed if I really have to buy the other eps of the season...

BG Level

Yep, you do. Every ep is 200 gems.

Which probably translates to about $20 if you hadn't logged in to acquire them. Not unreasonable, I guess, but at the same time, I don't know how in-depth they are.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rizil View Post
    Invasion:

You were too late:

It was a lot of fun. The entire zone was a warzone, basically a bunch of big dynamic event chains that pushes up to a Scarlet fight (followed by a solo instance where you chase her down to finish her off). The services of Lion's Arch were temporarily moved to the Vigil Keep in Gendarran Fields before they built up the ruins a little big to restore baseline access.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah Lion's Arch invasion was cool as hell, I never got to do the instance to fight Scarlet though. Can't even remember how it worked but I remember something dumb happening like the DE that starts that whole chain failing the few times I tried and it only popped every hour or so? Either way it was fucking dumb design.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yeah Lion's Arch invasion was cool as hell, I never got to do the instance to fight Scarlet though. Can't even remember how it worked but I remember something dumb happening like the DE that starts that whole chain failing the few times I tried and it only popped every hour or so? Either way it was fucking dumb design.
    You didn't need to complete the Breachmaker event to enter the instance to finish Scarlet. It could be entered at any time from the purple portal for storyline purposes.. though the chase would make more sense if you did the event.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Which probably translates to about $20 if you hadn't logged in to acquire them. Not unreasonable, I guess, but at the same time, I don't know how in-depth they are.
    They're kinda eh.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Kind of upset I missed all of the LA stuff. I've randomly logged in for the S2 story access but haven't played, probably missing at least half of them anyway. Just hung up my swtor hat again, maybe I'll pull this one out for a bit.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    They're kinda eh.
    Second half of S2 is bretty gewd