+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Some crazy trait changes incoming, they are streaming live now going through all professions

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

"Obviously if you're complaining about Thief you don't play one"

lmao rekt

Wow those engineer changes

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

One thing I was terrible at in GW2 was PVP, even as a Thief, I just suck at PVP ._.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn I missed it. Can't wait to see what they do with Guardian/Thief.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Engineer changes.

Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    One thing I was terrible at in GW2 was PVP, even as a Thief, I just suck at PVP ._.
    Should've went turrent engi

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Thinking about a new MMO. How is guild wars? And its Initial purchase price and then free to play after? Or what. and expansion costs money too huh?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    Thinking about a new MMO. How is guild wars? And its Initial purchase price and then free to play after? Or what. and expansion costs money too huh?
    Yah its like most F2P MMOs... you buy it and its free to play for good, but DLC will still cost you, and it has a cash shop (which is mostly cosmetic but you can purchase currency with the gems or whatever).

I enjoyed it when i played it, and have been meaning to get back into it. Leveling was fun, Endgame is fun too but theres some suck factor too it like so:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony

Basically as you progress through mists you gain mist levels (just basically what tier you've completed up too or such) and based on that level in certain places you get an Agony debuff that'll deal damage to you based on the current Mist tier you're in, and the only way to reduce this damage is adding "agony resistance" on your gear which takes quite a bit of time or a fuckload of money investment and if you don't have it many bosses will just up and unavoidably kill you for not having the proper agony resistance.

Plus lower tiers offer very little to people who are on higher tiers so the ships sailed and if you're late you're f**ked finding a decent group to do it with.

Other than that, which probably won't be a problem to everyone like it was to me, the game is fun. Exploring is fun, I enjoy combat (You can equip multiple weapons and each does different things for different jobs, and there's different skills based on Main/offhand weaponry and you can dual wield, etc). I really enjoyed the different classes/jobs myself, especially the Beastmaster and Thief class. It has good PVP if not a little unbalanced... World Vs World is fun too even if its a giant clusterfuck sometimes and it really sucks when you get "That world" thats like the PVP world HQ and has like 100-200 man guilds who live on PVP raiding the shit out of everything... but its still fun regardless if you can get in a horde, its quite coordinated and can be fun taking over stuff.

So i mean, Its an engaging game and I do enjoy Fractals despite the cockblock wall I get hit by that is Agony (which is almost universally hated). There's other pieces of endgame content you can just do... their dynamic events, like FFXIV Fates, actually give you rewards that aren't just vanity shit spewing crap like in XIV... most of their Dynamic events have the possibility to give you sh*t used to make the Legendary weapons, have chances to drop high-end armor and such... the best armor (Ascended?) will come from instanced stuff but you can get really good armor from the Dynamic events in places like Or(sp-idk?) and such.

... Again... Yah, its not a perfect game but its pros far outweigh the cons in my eyes, and it being Free to play is a nice bonus. Its definitely one of the best Free to play MMOs i've picked up.

BG Level

It isn't too bad. Pretty laid back. Only real stinks I have are S2 of the living story having to be bought if you didn't do it when it was released and they haven't really added a lot of new content since its release. Still plenty to do for a new player though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also this is nice to have

http://dulfy.net/2014/04/15/gw2-world-boss-schedule/

and this when you're doing World completion

http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/interactive-maps/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

i wish i had picked it up for ten bucks before e3. Not looking to spend 40 bucks for the game and then drop money on the expansion too

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is Lions Arch still fucked up?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Is Lions Arch still fucked up?
    Yes, but, most if not all services have moved back in there

This is how you give out beta access

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/c...s-closed-beta/

Starting tomorrow, April 28, heroes adventuring in the Maguuma Wastes have a chance to find a mysterious portal to the heart of the Maguuma Jungle. Looting one of these special trophy items grants you access to the next Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ PvE closed beta event!
    For a limited time only, rare portals will drop from enemies in Dry Top and the Silverwastes. Portals can’t be traded between players, so bring your friends along to hunt for their very own! Don’t worry if your portal gets misplaced in a sandstorm or devoured by a passing ravager; beta access will be flagged upon looting the item, and it’s not required to claim participation.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Enemy drop? Time to stack Magic Find out the ass in Silverwastes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Enemy drop? Time to stack Magic Find out the ass in Silverwastes.
    They got rid of magic find from gear a long assed time ago.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Welp. Buying the game now, What server or whatever is everyone on? I'll update when i get playing and such.
    Patching at 91%. Soo uh if anyone still plays what server so i can play it before i sleep for work.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Did anyone find a portal? I wonder how rare these are. I'm killing shit in Silverwastes, no luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Did anyone find a portal? I wonder how rare these are. I'm killing shit in Silverwastes, no luck yet.
    I gave up already lol. It seems very very rare

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast