CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Looks like it might be another power weapon for Necro, which is exactly what I want personally. Might have to pick up the ol' Necro again.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Guild Halls details announcement and also can now pre-purchase expansion.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/17/gw2-e3-g...estream-notes/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

$50 for an expansion... yeah... good luck with that.

I wouldn't say it's completely unreasonable being B2P, but I wouldn't see it staying at $50 for long. Maybe 4 months tops.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    $50 for an expansion... yeah... good luck with that.
    Yeah they're outta their minds at that price. People are up in arms over the fact new players can just buy the expansion and get the base game free too, so not only are people pissed over the ridiculous price but they're also mad that new players are getting far more value than people "supporting" them for years, pretty funny. Was looking forward to diving back in to this once the expansion came out but there's no way I'm paying that much, unless there's an obscene amount of content comparable to the base game (which I'm 99% sure isn't the case) there's no way to justify that cost, especially after seeing how ridiculously poorly they've handled content updates in the base game. B2P doesn't mean much when there's little reason to keep playing the game unless you're heavily invested in to WvW/sPvP.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The original game routinely goes on sale for $5-10. It's pretty lulzy to give a shit if its bundled with the expansion and act like you're missing out on "value" by not being able to buy it standalone for $45. It's a throw-in.

If you think it's too expensive then w/e, but Guild Wars Factions (and every single other original GW expansion) also launched at $49.99 so IMO it's a pretty retarded argument.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

this isn't even the first xpac to release for $50+ this year. or last year. or the year before. it's become pretty standard. whether expansion packs are worth that much or not is another story but it's become the standard to charge around this much for an expansion.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    The original game routinely goes on sale for $5-10. It's pretty lulzy to give a shit if its bundled with the expansion and act like you're missing out on "value" by not being able to buy it standalone for $45. It's a throw-in.

If you think it's too expensive then w/e, but Guild Wars Factions (and every single other original GW expansion) also launched at $49.99 so IMO it's a pretty retarded argument.
    I'm pretty sure it also had more content than this xpac will have. The problem is, from everything I've heard, this is a handful of zones at best. A fraction of what the original game had at launch. Plus with all of this being a requirement for any guild member wanting to use a guild hall... it stinks of a money grab in a game that already has a lot of money grabs in it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    I'm pretty sure it also had more content than this xpac will have. The problem is, from everything I've heard, this is a handful of zones at best. A fraction of what the original game had at launch. Plus with all of this being a requirement for any guild member wanting to use a guild hall... it stinks of a money grab in a game that already has a lot of money grabs in it.
    This is the kind of shit that is hilarious.

"It's a handful of zones at best, Factions had way more content." - Factions added a whole 4 zones, broken down into a bunch of tiny explorable areas. Maguuma stands a good chance of being larger, not even considering the fact that it scales vertically. When that's taken into consideration the playable area is easily much larger.

"It's a requirement for guild halls, which makes it stink as a money grab." - Factions also added guild halls. In the same. Exact. Manner. Was that also a money grab?

I mean it's cool if you want to grab a pitchfork, but you're probably better off sticking to WoW expansion comparisons rather than pretending you have any sort of clue what GW expansions brought to the table.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

50 bucks is pretty damn outrageous, I'll admit....

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you play right now and are invested in the game, you're going to pony up the $50. If you're like me and only log in like 2-3/month, you'll wait until it at least hits $20-30.

People payed $25 for a mount in WoW, remember that.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    If you play right now and are invested in the game, you're going to pony up the $50. If you're like me and only log in like 2-3/month, you'll wait until it at least hits $20-30.

People payed $25 for a mount in WoW, remember that.
    Yah I'll be waiting for it to drop in price. As much as I really do love this game, It lacks any meaningful upgrades (though maybe the expansion might bring something idk). I think the last real upgrades were Ascended gear. IDK how long ago that was added but I mean, I played a couple years back and bought Exotic gear for my 80 char and came back and all that gear was still best in slot before Ascended, which is a nice goal/grind for sure though.

I still want a legendary weapon but man it costs something fierce (I crafted my own Ascended/Zojjas Dagger though, proud of that XD)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Depending on launch date I may wait too, pretty hefty backlog atm. But I don't see any probs with the price considering I gladly paid the same for both Factions and Nightfall like a decade ago.

Hell, Burning Crusade launched at $40 and that shit had a subscription. You $25-30 folks are straight crazy.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Depending on launch date I may wait too, pretty hefty backlog atm. But I don't see any probs with the price considering I gladly paid the same for both Factions and Nightfall like a decade ago.

Hell, Burning Crusade launched at $40 and that shit had a subscription. You $25-30 folks are straight crazy.
    Normally I'd agree, but in terms of content, GW2 feels like it didn't do a whole lot of that unless you consider the living story content.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm sorry but the "people pay more for less" argument is dumb. Just because some people are idiots with huge pockets doesn't make $50 for this shit any less ridiculous.

Considering how stale end game is for GW2, I want this to fail spectacularly, so maybe for once they learn their lesson.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh ok, so you're just hating. In that case I'm sure the first expansion to the fastest selling MMO of all time will fail spectacularly, just sit tight.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh ok, so you're just hating. In that case I'm sure the first expansion to the fastest selling MMO of all time will fail spectacularly, just sit tight.
    I'm not hating. I WANT to like this game. I have poured a lot of time and money into it, more so than I wish I had. I don't want GW2 to be a mediocre MMO. I want it to be great. Right now, it keeps getting worse and worse...

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

lol 50 bucks, I'll wait until that goes down to the proper 35.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'm waiting for a pretty big price drop, especially with the games coming out in the coming months. GW2 is always something fun to come back to and poke around a bit in; looking at how I deem the title, "poking around" doesn't equal a $50 price tag.

I'll pick it up on sale later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast