Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

GW2 Expansion: Heart of Thorns

Spoiler: show
    Fueling the fires of expansion rumors, it seems a brand new trademark has been filed by ArenaNet and NCsoft. As dug up on reddit, there's also a new logo but little other news for now.

While there's little other information to be gleamed from the trademark filings, it's pretty clear that this is something much bigger than just another Living World update, as they haven't done trademark filings for those in the past.

Season 2 of the Living World ends today in Guild Wars 2, and in just a little less than two weeks the big PAX Panel at PAX South should finally reveal to us all what ArenaNet has been working on alongside the Living World updates.
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ogo-Found.html

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Shouldnt the thread title be Guild wars 2 expansion: heart of thorns? on a side note, anyone think its worth trying to get into guild wars 2 at this time? or better to just continue ignoring it as im so late?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I figured long as this is the GW2 section that the expansion name was enough.

just to add https://www.guildwars2.com/en/save-the-date/

so yea something big is potentially happening

Edit, I noticed polearms

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can access Season 2 of the living story if you buy the chapters with Gems right? I ahven't logged in more than once since the island zone event thing

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, it was either log in when released (and a certain timeframe after) or buy with gems later.

As for getting in, I'd wait until details for HoT drop.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh people are here again, cool. Hi. I'm pretty hype. Season two was a good pace and quality of content for me, and I've been enjoying the story immensely since Scarlet. Got pretty crazy the past few updates:

Spoiler: show
    I can't believe those theories regarding the sixth dragon + pale tree/sylvari were correct. Sleeper minions the entire time! I remember hearing it at length in beta and even once we did that inquest dungeon (lots of hints in there).. but never thought it'd be true. And holy shit Caithe, when did you become hard as fuck? That got dark REAL quick.

Can't wait to see what they can whip out with a boxed expansion.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Finally! I've been waiting for a new expansion.

I've always had an itch to get this game, every 50% off sale causing me to revisit the reddit sub to see if anything has changed. This game seems to have major fundamental problems that need to be addressed before I'd jump in to buy. Maybe this expansion could address all of them and start treating their community with a little more respect with regards to unanswered demands/questions; i.e. like how SE had to start making an effort, due to loss of player base.

Honestly have no clue if they addressed reasons why I left to begin with (mainly open world PvE progression not being a thing come 80). Learning certain content was temporary after the fact (unless you bought) also came off as kinda ehhhh.

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en

New sub classes, new profession. etc etc

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That was pretty hype. I don't think the local crowd will be too interested since it doesn't seem to be anything game changing, but for those like me who enjoy it currently as is: hnnnng.

Bummed no release date, but everything else sounds great.

I hardly play but I do love the game and what they are doing, I am def excited for the new subclasses and growth system.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How hard would it be for me to pick this game back up ? Had a level 85 (i think?) ranger?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Lack of stuff to do is the only reason I really stopped playing. Season 1 living story really killed the game for me, since the updates were really hit or miss imo and I only felt like I got an hour or two of content before feeling like I had nothing to do again. Didn't touch season 2 yet but I did log in and "unlock" all the story missions at least, I didn't follow the game too much to know if I missed out on anything temporary like S1 (which can still suck a D) but it sounded like all I missed really was some cool world events. Will most likely pick up expansion and dive in for a bit until I get bored again. Mesmer with shield better be the shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Hmm. Looks like I might have to jump back into GW2. Had a couple of 80s and kinda just dropped out due to lack of time and world vs world kinda burned me out. See how much has changed since I stopped playing about...9 months ago? Sounds about right.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Since this thread has activity I'll ask here. GW2 Heroic is $10 right now. Worth it? Why? Why not? And is this hardcore mmo 2004 FFXI grindy? FFXI Abyssea ish? Thanks in advance!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I don't have the Heroic and I don't remember what was included with it, so mark that off as not worth it. This isn't really a hardcore MMO. This falls in line more with WoW in terms of grinding. Skills and abilities wise the weapon you choose combined with your class determines your basic moveset, then you have 3 "class" abilities of your choosing, 1 "heal" based on your class, and 1 "elite class" ability you get around mid level. It's simple but allows for some customization. There is also a trait tree, which gives some of your abilities added effects and status boosts. Pretty open ended, but also falls under the "optimal" category.

Finally, each weapon plays differently depending on your class. Example, a 2h greatsword on a Warrior is pretty much a burst damage, take them down fast DD weapon, but a 2h greatsword in a Mesmers hands becomes a long range kiting weapon. Each class uses a weapon differently. Also dual wielding is very open ended, allowing you to mix and match w/e weapons you want (as long as they're 1 handed.) How this works is the main hand weapon grants you 3 of your attack skills, and the offhand gives you the other 2, where a 2 handed weapon gives you a set 5 abilities.

This went on a bit rambly giving a description of the mechanics, but hope this sheds some light as how the game, abilities and combat work. (Oh and also, there's a dodge command as well, so you can roll to avoid damage, but it has a seperate stamina gauge that refills in time. Best to use wisely.)

I will say for $10 is more than worth it. Also its not grindy per say, its different. Much of the content is story driven recently, and has some permanent impact on the game areas etc.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

reinstalling my game as we speak, i quit the game after 2 weeks when i hit my first 80, didn't bother looking back. but this is pretty hype, i know i only played the game for 2 weeks, so now that i'm coming back, how much content do i have to do now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast