+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone actually use the action camera? I don't think it's very good for Mesmer/Chrono, probably due to a lack of projectiles. I find myself sticking the normal controls more often than not

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I use it, and adore it. Reminds me of stuff like TERA. I actually need to hybridize though and toggle between action and normal camera mid-combat for some skills (like Revenant sword 3 and gap closers) because it can't determine targets and ranges very well.

But I like giving my right mouse button and 1 pressing finger a break.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Area design is so amazing in this game... I can't remember the last time I felt lost playing an MMO and exploring the new zones with friends has been an absolute blast. Personally I like how Mastery makes navigation easier overtime, but I can see why some people dislike the system.

Guild Halls are pretty fun too. My guild's progress on everything is pretty slow because we don't have the gold/numbers (we pretty much only play during the XIV downtimes) but the system has a lot of things to work on/upgrade, should keep us busy for a long while.

I was hesitant about the $50 pricetag but it's definitely felt worth it for me so far. My only complaint is I wish Elite specs were something you could realistically play right away rather than a reward for completing Maguuma.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I wouldn't mind too much if it wasn't for them being a requirement for the story, but other than that I think HoT us amazing. Just the thrill of exploring was worth the price alone.

I should get back into it, but Mad King is pretty fun.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Only complaints I have thus are:

• New Borderlands maps are way too fucking large and have way too many gimmicks. Fights are likely going to be funneled into EBG or have some real fuckery go down.
    • The changes to upgrades also came with a change to door/wall health values. Siege time to break is a lot higher than it used to be at the Fortified Gate phase, even with Superiors.
    • The new Shield Generators allow for a whole new level of turtling. They even negate Arrow Carts and push out anyone who does not have Stability. Had a full blob occupy the SMC lord room last night with no real way to push in.
    • Lords scaling with players has potential for some really scummy shit to go down.

That being said, the change to gathering nodes is probably the best thing ever.

Finished unlocking Druid last night, so I'm probably going to be spending tonight prototyping things out. Finding a complementary weapon to Staff and idea of a role has been an absolute bitch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I haven't even tried WvW yet. I find all the new stuff to be pretty overwhelming at the moment.

I was little bummed they reduced the hero points for specialization, but I get that it was a point of contention. I rather enjoyed the unlocking aspect.

That being said, the change to gathering nodes is probably the best thing ever.
    What change?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I haven't paid attention to if there's still random nodes on the map, but each tower/camp/keep/castle now have node synthesizers inside for all three types (mining/logging/gathering). Gives you material across all tiers.

BG Level

Well the poison immunity no longer seems to be a requirement to complete the final stretch of the story.

Overall the story is pretty good, but holy shit that final fight solo is painful.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That was the only thing I felt like was a little iffy with the unlocks. Jumping from Tier 1 right to Tier 4 for that poison definitely felt like a gate, everything else I was cool with and got pretty naturally. Glad it was quickly addressed.

Still haven't finished yet though, having a lot of fun with the Basin meta fight. I love being an armor at the south gate, feel like I put the whole map on my back.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

so... once you finish the story... what the fuck is there to do?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Masteries, Map metas, Skin/New Stat recipes, Collections, Raids in a week or two when Squads are fixed. Iirc you're new so Halloween too if you want.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    That was the only thing I felt like was a little iffy with the unlocks. Jumping from Tier 1 right to Tier 4 for that poison definitely felt like a gate, everything else I was cool with and got pretty naturally. Glad it was quickly addressed.

Still haven't finished yet though, having a lot of fun with the Basin meta fight. I love being an armor at the south gate, feel like I put the whole map on my back.
    I haven't had any luck with a group to beat that yet.

Though yeah, the last fight is pretty damn enjoyable with all that happens. But like I said, bring people if you can since it can be lengthy and the final fight can glitch on you if you die.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Can't stand Verdant Brink but absolutely love Auric Basin.

The Forgotten City is amazing.

BG Level

Just tried the raid. Pretty fun but holy shit you need some pretty specific roles for this fight. Fight consists of 3 guardians and then a legendary boss.

Green Guardian
    Pretty basic. Uses an AoEs near his feet and anyone that gets hit gets teleported. Possibly will aggro the next guardian. Best to pull it back a bit just in case.

Blue Guardian
    Immune to damage unless you strip his boon. Also releases an AoE where you need at least 4 people standing in it or everyone gets hit. Being in it hit me for around 5000 damage on my Zerk Dragonhunter.

Red Guardian
    Can only be hurt through condition damage. Also has 3/4 red orbs that slowly move towards players.

Legendary Guardian
    Has all the offenses of the 3 colored guardians (AoE near feet, AoE where you need 4 people, and the orbs). Not sure much on that other than at every 25% he'll run back to the center and split into the 3 colored guardians you fought. You also gain an attunement buff for whatever colored pillar you're closest to. Not sure if you need it to damage a colored guardian or not. During the fight a bunch of white orbs came around and damaged us. Maybe it has something to do with someone with a differ color attunement getting in another pillar's AoE that triggers that?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Legendary Guardian
    Has all the offenses of the 3 colored guardians (AoE near feet, AoE where you need 4 people, and the orbs). Not sure much on that other than at every 25% he'll run back to the center and split into the 3 colored guardians you fought. You also gain an attunement buff for whatever colored pillar you're closest to. Not sure if you need it to damage a colored guardian or not. During the fight a bunch of white orbs came around and damaged us. Maybe it has something to do with someone with a differ color attunement getting in another pillar's AoE that triggers that?
    During the split, the color you get means you can stand around that color guardian and not take massive damage. If you get attuned for red and then run over to blue, you're going to have a bad day. So you want to split up your group properly to kill them around the same time. The white orbs are just part of the fight, just move out of their way and they won't damage you. Another good thing to note is all the pillars have a speed mushroom next to them, helpful to move around faster and do more dps.

BG Level

Sounds good. Been trying to compile a few basics so I can get ready when my guild tries again this weekend.

Need to find some secondary builds for Guardian other than berserker. Maybe should invest in some knight weapons/trinkets...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

An important thing to note for after the split is that the green death circles spawn in the triangle section that the boss is in. Since the floor now rotates being a voidzone (clockwise, one section at first then two at a time), your tank has to make sure not to be slow with moving the boss. Having the green circle spawn in a section that is about to be a voidzone is rough.

Other than that, my only tip would be to assign 4 for circle duty and let the rest of the group ignore them and focus on DPS to avoid enrage.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Other than that, my only tip would be to assign 4 for circle duty and let the rest of the group ignore them and focus on DPS to avoid enrage.
    This is generally my thoughts as well. You want 4 people that know how to dodge/push the orbs away and can do ranged damage so the others can let loose on the boss. Rotating can be a bit annoying if the timing doesn't work in your favor either. We had a wipe happen since he did that one spam move where you have to break his defiance gauge as we were rotating and the AoE circle landed in a colored spot.

Still a pretty fun fight, though I wish there were easier ways to hold aggro on enemies. We had someone in Toughness gear and we still managed to peel hate off them and take a plasma bitch slap to the face. There is a tank/heal build for Guardian on the meta wiki that's being tested. I might look into that since everyone and their grandma has a zerk set if it becomes a viable build.