Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Season 22     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I'm pretty sure they all got a lot of fuckyou-money, so sadly the viewers are the only ones getting penalized

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Its a conspiracy to get the 918, the Ferrari the Ferrari and the P1 around the test track to post lap times

for sure

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Supposedly the "Fracas" was over catering. After a filming session, they usually have catered food prepared for the hosts, but JC got upset because the food wasn't there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31820253

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The link says that the last 2 episodes were going to be dropped as well. But in the first episode of this series, didn't they say that this series was going to have 22 episodes?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So that's it for the season? That is straight bullshit.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    The link says that the last 2 episodes were going to be dropped as well. But in the first episode of this series, didn't they say that this series was going to have 22 episodes?
    iirc he said 12, which I assume is including the patagonia-specials?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...nsion-top-gear
    Clarkson’s “fracas” came just days before the show’s presenters – Clarkson, May and Richard Hammond – had been expected to sign new contracts tying them to the BBC2 show for the next three years. It is understood those negotiations have been called off.
    I smell contract negotiations, or he just wanna get off BBC

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Isn't top gear one of BBCs most profitable shows too? I'm no tv producer, but i wonder how much of a hit BBC will get financially if TG goes to shit. I smell a ploy somehow, but at the same time, this really sucks. James May apparently said it wasn't even that serious of an issue.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

TG racks in £50m/year

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Squah View Post
    Its a conspiracy to get the 918, the Ferrari the Ferrari and the P1 around the test track to post lap times

for sure
    Only to all get destroyed by the new Koenigsegg Regera.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What's interesting is that BBC worldwide could owe other countries millions for failing to deliver the last few episodes.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    iirc he said 12, which I assume is including the patagonia-specials?
    Ohh that makes more sense. I dunno why I thought 22 initially

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I found this an interesting read, I don't think lot of the non-British fans of Top Gear really understand the extent of Clarkson's previous offenses (it's no joke he was on a final warning from the BBC) or the bizarre upper class world view he represents. If you have seen the episode where Jack Whitehall was the guest in a reasonably priced car the cracks in his mask are evident. He's a posh toff unwilling to let go of the old colonial British mentality where he can be as racist and bullying as he likes and nobody will fault him for it.
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...r-nigel-farage

There was also another article I read recently that made a point of how much Sky (UK's biggest pay-to-view TV network, in all this keep in mind that BBC is paid for by the TV license fee and it's a public network available to everyone) has been trying to court Clarkson lately. It's bullshit for us Top Gear fans but I, too, smell contract negotiations and a publicity stunt.
    Britain is full of funny car enthusiasts though, BBC has access to so much comedy talent they easily do what they have done with other shows such as Have I Got News For You or Never Mind the Buzzcocks where when the regular host was disgraced/left they just had a new guest host in every week until a suitable full-time replacement was found. Last season of NMTB where they finally settled on Rhod Gilbert as regular host was some of the funniest TV I have seen.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just summarised myself over the whole incident during lunch. I'm guessing the reason why no one can answer a simple question is because of all the "NDAs" in place? It seems to be incredibly hard to get a straight simple answer.

Also if it does go to Sky, I'd be annoyed. I don't have Sky ...
    Though I suppose I could get the episode through other means .....

Is the "format" copyrighted? (segment > news > segment > celeb > segment)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have no idea if the format as such is copyrighted but it's not like you need a set format to run a car show on telly. Isn't that how Fifth Gear happened? The previous Top Gear crew jumped ship to Channel 5? Idr the details, been a while. If the Sky rumours are true then Clarkson could in theory run his own show on Sky and call it Sky Gear or whatever he wants to. As long as there is some kind of Top Gear comedy/middle-aged Jackass car show on BBC I'll be happy (no Sky here either and not planning on it). Like said, there's a ton of good comedians and TV presenters BBC could get in to replace Clarkson and the show certainly wouldn't be worse off. Clarkson just doesn't seem to know how to be funny without being a racist douche. There was that statement of his that went around after the final warning was issued that even "angel Gabriel would struggle" and I was just like... if it's that hard for you to not be a dick to other people then maybe you really shouldn't be on TV?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I find him entertaining and that's all I care about. Losing any part of the trio would mostly ruin the show. I'm not concerned with how much of a jackass they are behind the scenes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

as long as the trio stays together Im fine with anything

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Say it isn't so! ;~;

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/je...ood-93287.html

Petrolheads all over, ladies and gents that enjoyed Top Gear's "ambitious but rubbish" take on all things automotive, it pains us to announce that Jeremy Clarkson calls it quits in his column in The Sun.

In a piece titled "So we lose the tiger... but gain acid-spit snail," Jeremy Clarkson talks about nature's battle against extinction and the future of the Top Gear trio. Without further ado, this is how Jezza broke the silence in his most recent column for the tabloid:

"I THINK it’s fair to say that nature made a mistake when it invented the dinosaur. It was too big, too violent and with such small and puny arms it was never going to be able to operate heavy machinery or even enjoy a bit of special “me” time." Pretty easy to understand, but we haven't even got to the most tear-jearking part yet.

“All the dinosaurs died and now, years later, no-one mourns their passing. These big, imposing creatures have no place in a world which has moved on.” What these two lines point at is the dying of Top Gear as a show and how the presenter will have to move on.

Despite 880,000-plus signatures for the #BringBackClarkson petition, Jezza suggests that all our efforts were in vain: “You can start as many campaigns as you like and call on the support of politicians from all sides, but the day must come when you have to wave goodbye to the big monsters, and move on.”

This is the end and we can't do anything about it...

Fingers crossed other British broadcasting companies will bite his arm off and Clarkson will convice May and Hammond to start a new motoring show from square one. It will be hard to convince those two to jump on the bandwagon, but it won't be impossible.

Even if not for May and Hammond, if Jeremy will make a pay-per-view YouTube channel and continue filming car reviews, it'll still be enough to soothe our fevered petrolhead brows. Best of luck, Jezza!

UPDATE: Captain Slow confirmed that Top Gear is kaput in a not-so-cryptic manner.

UPDATE 2: The Mirror reports that "Jeremy Clarkson called Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon 'a lazy Irish ****," and that "Clarkson ranted for half an hour then punched him in the mouth - he was bleeding and dizzy so he had to go to hospital." In related Jeremy Clarkson news, bbc.co.uk was offline this afternoon, possibly because digital protest group Anonymous threatened an attack on the site a few days ago.

So; it's been a week, and still no answer. How exactly do you pronounce 'fracas'?
    — James May (@MrJamesMay) March 14, 2015

Clever letter on the #jeremyclarkson controversy in today's @FT #justasking pic.twitter.com/tiftHXS4wW
    — Dearbhail McDonald (@DearbhailDibs) March 14, 2015

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think the hosts forgot to tell the Stig show's over and is probably just sitting there in a box... he must be released in the wild with other Stiggys or back to the Stig farm.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    I think the hosts forgot to tell the Stig show's over and is probably just sitting there in a box... he must be released in the wild with other Stiggys or back to the Stig farm.
    He can move in with one of his many cousins. =/