Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gotta just echo everyone else, saw this movie, was surprisingly impressed with how fun it is. Serious enough for the story to be good but light-hearted enough that it isn't an eye-rolling awful "dark like Batman movies" movie. I think they deliberately tried to make certain things a bit hammy to give it a fun tone (shit like EVERY time a villain spoke the BGM had that 'dun dun duuuuuuuun', which I fucking loved) and I thought the action was pretty awesome too.

Also, Julie fucking Andrews was the voice of the giant tentacle sea monster thing that Aquaman befriends when he claims the trident at the end lol

I stick my dick in Crayfish
    BG Level

So I will counter what some people are saying in that I don't think they intentionally made a lot of it hammy, it just came off that way from bad directing and acting. Regardless I went in expecting a really dumb pretty action movie and got exactly what i was expecting.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Nah. I mean Wan made Saw w/ like a hundred bucks. The Conjuring saga is pretty good too. I'll take "He knows what he's doing for $1,000," Alex.

So I went to see this...At like half way point I thought the movie was about to end and than it went on for another hour. Mamoa is a bad actor so is Black Manta, zero chemistry with Mera, Black Manta scenes should been completely cut out. It's like a shitty 90s movie with better effects.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My wife thought the movie was all about CGI. I personally thought it was a good movie and I'm being slightly biased. Every movie with Patrick Wilson, I've seen so far is has been good.

My favorite scene though occurred at the Aquarium.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Movie was certainly kind of fun and visually great but most the rest fell kind of flat. Pacing was a bit over the place, most character interactions meh, most the main cast's acting aside from Dafoe and Patrick Wilson was meh, linear series fetch quests that starts an hour into the movie seemed out of place. I mean I guess if we grading by the DC scale it's a win but otherwise not so much were meh.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Officially the Highest Grossing Solo Superhero Film Internationally Passing the Previous Record Holder Iron Man 3
    $1.1B WW | $806M Overseas

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#45d18bed3305

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Inflation is a hell of a drug

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Just watched the film and despite all of the cheese and the endless "huh" moments, it was an enjoyable viewing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4