BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Strangely enough we weren't busy at all yesterday. Road service director wanted everyone in the office this week because of thesnow and we're all just twiddling our thumbs.
    The up-down hills between 51 and Brownsville were terrible last night, didn't find a road I could climb til the third road after turning back on the first two

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This shit wasn't bad but I also lived in Canada for 2 years so seems like nothing to me.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

I've been at work since 3 pm yesterday, and looks like i'll be staying here until tomorrow.

We got alot of snow haha

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Snow Drift outside my back door is chest high (around 5 feet)

Edit: Guess more like 4 feet

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Guess storm pretty much missed the north jersey area. got maybe about 8 inches. Kinda disappointed tbh. All the news outlets had this as the mother of all blizzards and it produced...less than a foot...

Long Island near the Hamptons I heard got hit pretty hard though, but that's to be expected getting it right off the ocean.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I was concerned about this storm because my mom's coming down to visit tomorrow and I didn't know how it would work with her travel plans but it looks like people in her area didn't get much of anything. I'd expect maybe some delays from aircraft getting in, but she should be fine.

Bet she'll be glad to get out of that crap though. It's not exactly summer weather here, but it certainly beats snow. lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    Checking in from jolly ole england. Weather is shit. Forever. Always.
    It's not bad all the time. This picture was from just over a week ago, Goyt Valley in the Peak District.

Spoiler: show

It melted last weekend, but we're supposed to be due some more snow tomorrow and Thursday.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Gotten 2 feet and it's still going. More counting snow drift. Thank god for the snowblower.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Moar pictures! I want to see what the end of the known world and beginning of the next ice age looks like!

Rainy and foggy here on the left coast. Normal weather until June or July.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

we were supposed to get like 2 feet of snow. it stopped, just finished shoveling, was like 6 inches. forecasters get away with this all the time but whenever I promise someone over a foot and only give them 6 inches im the bad guy

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidelly View Post
    Worcester (central MA) here - just started snowing and I'm glad work is cancelled tomorrow. I would have had to walk to work >.> I work in a hospital with scheduled patients - we had a few who really wanted to try and come in, we just told 'em no.
    i'm in worcester as well. my road got plowed sometime overnight, but they clearly did it way too soon because there's still a solid foot-plus out there. my driveway looks to have something north of 2 feet. my work called everything off for today, i'm hoping we don't get completely plowed for another day because i am definitely not into the idea of working tomorrow.

i'm still bitter about having to work until 8 last night though, austin liquors closed early so i didn't get to stock up

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This really wasn't so bad in NYC. News kept talking about horrible winds/blizzard weather but that was mostly last night and early this morning. It calmed down after 6 AM and it didn't snow THAT much. It more or less stopped snowing at noon or so and now the sun is out and shit is mostly shoveled. Underwhelming/10

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    This really wasn't so bad in NYC. News kept talking about horrible winds/blizzard weather but that was mostly last night and early this morning. It calmed down after 6 AM and it didn't snow THAT much. It more or less stopped snowing at noon or so and now the sun is out and shit is mostly shoveled. Underwhelming/10
    Bout the same in Ohio, dunno how the northern lake effecters might have it but in the south there's just your average Ohio snow. Last year was prob the worst winter we've had in years and years, this year's would have to try pretty hard to be even half as annoying.

Maryland got a light dusting....so of course car accidents all over the place because MARYLAND!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Bout the same in Ohio, dunno how the northern lake effecters might have it but in the south there's just your average Ohio snow. Last year was prob the worst winter we've had in years and years, this year's would have to try pretty hard to be even half as annoying.
    People hype up snow in inches that they forget what makes a blizzard bad. Lots of wind with poor visibility is one (which was true last night and early this morning). The second is just perpetual snowfall. The kind of snowfall that requires constant reshoveling and road clearing. We didn't get either of these making it not as big of a deal as the media made it out to be. Hell I heard it even made the news in other countries (slow news week?).

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Maryland got a light dusting....so of course car accidents all over the place because MARYLAND!
    DC closes everything for two inches of snow. Once we hit the six inch threshold, it is a full zombie apocalypse here.

I grew up in CT and drive a Wrangler. It's just mindboggling.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

A good 2' here in Salem, MA right now and still going

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Vermont here - got maybe 2 inches so far, didn't start snowing until 7am and still kinda snowing but pretty much just a normal day of snow for us. Family and friends in NH got mabye 7 inches of snow tops. We're not near the coast though which pretty much sums that up.

Pretty disappoint overall after that hype

I saw a time lapse of a porch in Boston and the snow piling up and I know it sucks for many reasons but MAN I just wanna run and jump into it. I miss snow.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

So do I. We've only gotten one good snowfall this winter.

I hate driving in it, but man is it fun and beautiful when it's fresh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast