BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Vivacious Pulse testing

Vivacious Pulse has reasonable potency, seems to top out at 430 or so with 3 runes active. Unsure if different elements affect in different ways, but they don't give extra buffs or remove debuffs as far as I can tell.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Vivacious Pule with Tenebrae
    Naked MP: 410

x1 Rune = 66 MP Restored
    x2 Rune = 99 MP Restored
    x3 Rune = 132 MP Restored

Adding more MP gear did not seem to affect the results on MP being restored via Pulse.

Tested Batutta duration with relic head on. Does increase duration at all.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Vivacious Pule with Tenebrae
    Naked MP: 410

x1 Rune = 66 MP Restored
    x2 Rune = 99 MP Restored
    x3 Rune = 132 MP Restored

Adding more MP gear did not seem to affect the results on MP being restored via Pulse.

Tested Batutta duration with relic head on. Does increase duration at all.
    Pulse is on a 1 minute timer, yeah? 132 MP/60 s is the equivalent to 6.6/tic refresh.... Damn. (Admittedly, you may need the runes for something else...)

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can throw the runes you need on, pop Vallation/Valiance, then throw on Tenebrae if in need of an MP infusion. It's quite nice to be sure. Kind of a shame that other elements seem to just be lower amounts of HP restoral compared to Lux rather than removing status ailments or something.

Just need more physical defenses and non-dispellable Wards and we'll be good to go! Sort of.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I gathered some small amount of data on Vivacious pulse after discovering my pulses were doing about 200 hp more in abyssea. I made the connection between Element:Stat such as follows:

3 Ignis
    99+61 str : healed by 408
    99+59 str : healed by 405
    99+60 str : healed by 405

1 Ignis
    99+61 str : healed by 248
    99+59 str : healed by 247

I ran out of time to test more stats, and my gear wasn't perfect for it either. I equipped a Dark ring for the 59->60 test so it increased all my base stats by one.

tl;dr, needs more testing. I had tons more STR than any other stat in Abyssea intially and it was healing the most.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Based on your numbers it looks to be 168+floor(relatedstat/2) with additional floor(relatedstat/2) for each rune

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Interesting elemental setup, they don't match what I would expect.. thunder = int? Ice = dex? The stat rollout matches the JA menu order versus the stat menu..

I tested various 1x 2x and 3x runes and found that the formula is spot on:

168 heal base(No runes) plus floor(AssociatedStat/2) for each rune.

x3 Tenebrae heals 168 HP, does not vary by any stat, seems to just be the base heal.

1x Tenebrae: heals 62 mp,
    2x Tenebrae: heals 93 mp,
    3x Tenebrae: heals 124mp

Interesting.. I wonder if "Rune Enchantment Effect" merits effect changes the MP healed? Alistrianna's test shows that if the "+2" points on the merits account for the difference, they have 3 rune enchantment merits.

Scratch that, I added one of those merits and I got 124mp.

I wonder what the difference between my character and Alistrianna's is? I currently have only the one rune enchantment merit and nothing else in Cat 1, and Cat 2 shouldn't effect anything.. hmm..

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Casey_ View Post

Interesting elemental setup, they don't match what I would expect.. thunder = int? Ice = dex? The stat rollout matches the JA menu order versus the stat menu..

x3 Tenebrae heals 168 HP, does not vary by any stat, seems to just be the base heal.

Interesting.. I wonder if "Rune Enchantment Effect" merits effect changes the MP healed? Alistrianna's test shows that if the "+2" points on the merits account for the difference, they have 3 rune enchantment merits.

I wonder what the difference between my character and Alistrianna's is? I currently have only the one rune enchantment merit and nothing else in Cat 1, and Cat 2 shouldn't effect anything.. hmm..
    I have 0 Rune Echantment merits. 5/5 Valliance/Vallation and 5/5 Pflug here.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The order is determined by the the Elemental "Flow" (See your status menu and move by elemental strengths)

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...ental-Affinity

Fire > Ice > Wind > Earth > Thunder > Water
    STR > DEX > VIT > AGI > INT > MND

Light <> Dark
    CHR <> MP

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Something definitely affects Tenebrae, because I only get 66/99/132 where others get different results. Maybe it is based on your base MP + MP merits?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tested on hume, 1 MP merit with subjob of /whm

I don't have my exact MP base, but I think it was around 600. I can report in later with MP values.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

To clarify, I wasn't saying that I tested MP to affect Tenebrae (Although MP may); I was just saying MP based on the order/usual stats. Could very well use a bit of every stat or none.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistrianna View Post
    Something definitely affects Tenebrae, because I only get 66/99/132 where others get different results. Maybe it is based on your base MP + MP merits?
    The amount healed is based on your item lvl gear, the higher item lvl gear you have the more Vivacious Pulse will heal for

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

This cannot be true for Tenebrae MP restore, as I got the same results wearing gear that I got when I was naked.

EDIT: To clarify, yes it was gear with item levels. Alot of it had MP+ too and the amount restored still do not go up.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Vivacious Pulse testing

Went to test Vivacious Pulse now that the devs have revealed that relevant stat to the runes active improves its effects. So going to start with single-rune testing, and then try multi-rune to see how it works. Devs may be trying to encourage us to use multiple rune types. >_>

Setup:
    RUN/BLM

12/12 STR
    12/12 DEX

Base Stats (no gear):
    97 STR
    98 DEX
    79 VIT
    91 AGI
    89 INT
    83 MND
    78 CHR
    Test 1: Ignis Runes (STR)

1 Rune, base STR – 206 HP healed
    1 Rune, STR + 112 (209 total) – 262 HP

262 - 206 = 56 HP difference
    112 STR = 56 HP = 2:1 stat/hp ratio at one rune?

2 Runes, base STR – 254 HP
    2 Runes, STR + 112 (209 total) – 366 HP

254 – 206 = 48 HP for an extra rune. 48 is half of 96 STR... perhaps onto something here? Each additional rune is 2:1 stat/hp ratio?

366 – 254 = 112 extra HP with strength. So two runes = HP restored is equal to base + stat. Concluding so far that after your base Vivacious Pulse amount, each individual rune gives you a 2:1 stat/hp ratio. Meaning two runes gives you a 1:1, and guessing that three runes will be 1:2.

3 Runes, base STR – 302 HP
    3 Runes, STR + 112 (209 total) – 470 HP

302 – 254 = 48 HP again. So each rune seems to be that 2:1 stat ratio still.

470 – 302 = 168 extra HP with strength. Hey look, this works! It's the 112 HP x 1.5.

So yeah, conclusions in short:
    1) One rune creates a base value of HP cured. Not sure on the formula for this. Appropriate stat added on increases HP healed at a 2:1 stat/hp ratio. i.e. +100 stat = +50 HP healed. Formula is Base Pulse + (Stat/2)

2) Second rune increases value of HP cured by the same 2:1 ratio, adding them together so now the value of two runes is Base Pulse + Stat.

3) Third rune works as predicted, increasing the 2:1 ratio. Formula is Base Pulse + (Stat x 1.5). Now if only we had the base Pulse formula!

Pretty much I'd say the formula overall is something like HP Cured = Base Pulse + ((Relevant Stat/2)*Number of Runes) for single rune type.

Going to test multi-runes in a little bit, bear with me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Test #2 ended up being about Tenebrae Runes and their MP restored rather than multi-runes. Easier to test because I can spam Shell V instead of waiting for Mandies outside of West Adoulin to punch me.

Same Test. Theory #1 was that Maximum MP affected value. Current Max MP was 673 without gear

1 Rune: 58 MP
    1 Rune, +30 MP: 58 MP
    1 Rune, +55 MP: 58 MP
    1 Rune, +75 MP: 58 MP

So no changes. It seems here that max MP doesn't change it, though I'm not 100% certain due to the next part.

1 Rune, 903 MP, Fully Geared (stat vomit gear, yay!): 62 MP Healed

So there's something affecting the MP healed, but it's only +4... not really gamebreaking. Atop that, I don't have a lot of single-stat gear so I don't have a way to isolate the various stats to find out what is altering it. There is a way to increase MP healed, just not sure what.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alright so! Base testing on multi-runes (getting tired so I'm not going to do more in-depth) shows that they're less effective than stacking the same rune type. Last post of the night, er... morning (oh god it's 5AM, where did the night go?), sorry about the test spam!

Runes used: Ignis/Sulpor to avoid weakness/strength element stacking. Plus Strength and Dexterity work well for tested stats.
    Relevant Base stats: 97 STR, 98 DEX

So we'll start with just the runes and no gear, and compare to just the Ignis test. With DEX being 98, I expect the second rune to add +49 HP, if the pattern follows.

Base (Ignis only): 206 HP
    Base (Ignis/Sulpor): 250 HP

So here we've only got +44 HP instead of the +49 I had predicted based on the formula that only Ignis runes showed. If it was both Ignis, we should have seen +48 HP increase, which is half (rounded down) of the 97 STR. With 98 DEX, we should have seen +49 due to the stat/2 boost. So there appears to be roughly a 10% decrease in effectiveness at base. Let's test the higher values.

+112 STR Gear (Ignis x1): 262 HP
    +62 STR, +50 DEX (112 total, two runes): 298 HP

In theory, having the same stat value should have produced the same amount of HP increase. +62 STR = +31 HP, and +50 DEX = +25 HP, so 56 HP total increase, just like in the Ignis-only tests. However, now we have 8 less than predicted, which is a 15% decrease in effectiveness. Testing one more thing out of curiosity...

+112 STR Gear (two runes): 340 HP
    +112 STR Gear (Ignis x2): 366 HP

Holy variable healing, Batman. Sticking with a consistent stat is more effective by ~42 HP with the two runes, but less effective than stacking the same rune with full stat. I'm... not even sure how to create a formula for this. @.@

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Relevant Base stats: 97 STR, 98 DEX

So we'll start with just the runes and no gear, and compare to just the Ignis test. With DEX being 98, I expect the second rune to add +49 HP, if the pattern follows.

Base (Ignis only): 206 HP
    Base (Ignis/Sulpor): 250 HP

So here we've only got +44 HP instead of the +49 I had predicted based on the formula that only Ignis runes showed.
    You're using the wrong base stat for Sulpor, you probably had 88 INT.

See the chart here:

It was from my post on post #247 in this thread.

Post #251 explains the order of the elements.

It seems we still need to figure out what increases Tenebrae MP recovery, as it appears to give different values based on... something. We've got 3 different values for MP restoration in this thread alone. We should probably make a uniform test {everyone naked} and see what happens from there.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It seems we still need to figure out what increases Tenebrae MP recovery, as it appears to give different values based on... something. We've got 3 different values for MP restoration in this thread alone. We should probably make a uniform test {everyone naked} and see what happens from there.
    Maybe it's some fraction of the sum of your stats or something? Or based on ilvl somehow?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You're using the wrong base stat for Sulpor, you probably had 88 INT.

See the chart here:

It was from my post on post #247 in this thread.

Post #251 explains the order of the elements.

89 INT, but yeah, same thing. Rounds down. And... I'm confused, why is it Gellus? The reason I ask is Ignis is Ice Resist/Fire Damage and STR as the modifier. Fire damage and strength together makes sense. Sulpor is Water Resist/Thunder Damage, so shouldn't that be DEX instead of INT? Your order of elements in that post confuses me. o_o

From what I recall, the elemental pairings were Fire/Strength, Thunder/Dexterity, Wind/Agility, Earth/Vitality, Ice/Intelligence, Water/Mind, Light/Charisma, Dark/MP? So why suddenly (according to your post) is Thunder INT, Earth AGI, Ice DEX, Wind VIT... It doesn't match any elemental pairings we had before, does it?

Belated edit: Just read your first post again and... that's really odd that it follows the JA list order rather than the standard elemental order. Maybe a bug? Or is it intentional?