FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Food Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Can anyone confirm that HQ Salisbury Steak adds 10STP instead of subtracting it, but gives less attack than NQ? lolWiki says that's the case, but I can't really bring myself to come close to taking it seriously and can't find any HQs for sale to test it.
    Found one. Confirmed the following stats:

HP+32
    STR+8
    INT-6
    Attack+ 23.5% (Cap: 175 @ 745 Base Attack)

First tried @ 700 base atk but that didn't cap. Added gradually, ended up capping at 745 base, 920 total.

The Store TP-10 is removed completely, and it's not replaced with any Store TP+. 480 base delay weapon, 13tp/hit base, 10 hits with 0 Store TP = 130. So xiclopedia is, once again, wrong. Shocking. I suspect the NQ doesnt have STP- either, but im not letting 90k food go to waste to test it. Would make all of the people buying the salisbury steaks for 70k each seem a little less stupid since this is technically the best attack food outside of magma steak, which is only better by 5 attack and costs much more to make/can't be T1'd.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Could you check the Dragon Killer on it if you get a chance? NQ was +5.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yeah i have a second one that i can use for that when i get some time

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you want to know a food effect, check JP wikis. They get their food stats from an official guide:

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/26407.html

NQ stats:

HP +30 STR +7 INT -5 attack power +20% (maximum: 160) Ranged Attack +20% (maximum: 160) Dragon killer +5

You have +10 attack over what the JP guide reports, though. Ionis?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I was in Bhaflau Thickets so no, it wasn't due to Ionis.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would check again to be sure, so far the JPwiki food stats have never been off for me.

Edit: I just verified and it does give +175 attack difference. So much for official sources! Could have been a typo though... I really just need to order that damn book.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since we got the new /checkparm command I decided to go and test a bunch of sushi's I could get for my local AH. Sorry no +1 test but there was 0 singles up for any of them when I decided to test and wasn't dropping couple mil to by stacks of +1 that I very well might of never used afterwards.

Elvan MNK/WAR 440 H2H Skill(Natural Cap + 8/8 H2H Merits) 100 DEX with No gear & 12/12 Dex Merits.
    I also tried this with Gear(Acc Gear no dex), JA(focus/aggressor) All values came to whats listed plus what is known for said JA/Gear except on crab sushi seems it caps at 64 with slightly more acc gear, ja ,or just Oats on. It did not help scale the % of food so I it looks like every sushi I tested has a cap we never knew about and that cap seems to be pretty low stat wise almost all were capped at 440skill/100dex.

I also did not -dex via gear on foods that have dex. All dex values for foods in question are the one that we have known forever though.
    Code:
    Food Oats Barefist
    None 676 487
    Tuna 750 561
    Squid 752 563
    Fin 752 563
    Salmon 744 555
    Crab 740 550<-Not a typo!
    Sole 752 563
    Bream 756 567
    Confirming JA/Gear/Combat Skill on ilvl should affect the foods. (Crab sushi already showed this on the h2h test but this makes it clearer.)
    MNK/WAR 329 Staff Skill (No Merits) 100DEX (No Gear & 12/12 Dex Merits)
    Code:
    Food Buff Staff Acc
    None None Earth 391
    None None Emin 570
    Fin None earth 453
    Fin None emin 646
    Crab None earth 441
    Crab None emin 634
    Crab +30AccGear earth 475
    Crab +30AccGear emin 664
    Crab Agressor earth 470
    Crab Agressor emin 659
    Ocotopus Sushi Caps at 68 ACC was at cap already at 440SKILL/100DEX also gives +1STR.

I will be testing these "rarer" sushis for other effects once I get a few types made.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just tested Pot-au-feu: RATT caps at 59 and RACC caps at 52. Not counting were the agi/str bonus might put you. For me it put me in next tier of str so I took 3ratt off.
    Can't tell you the % because I have capped skill in all ranged weapons.
    But 99RNG/WAR 417 Archery 103+3(food) STR 88+3(food) AGI.
    I got same increases with none ilvl bow and a Echindna's Bow and other pieces of gear that effects RACC/RATT(hurbat, knifes, etc.)
    Sorry I didn't get to copy down all the info before I crashed and no more pots on AH.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Warthog Soup is group food. Gives +50HP and +20Attack. No other visible stats. May have hidden effects, but who knows, I don't care enough to check because fuck this.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Marinara Slices Caps at 54 ACC & 50 ATT. Was already at cap of 50 ATT at 440 SKILL/109STR/+10ATT(/war att bonus JT) on naked 99 MNK/WAR. Acc was 48 at 440SKILL/100DEX. 50 at 440SKILL/100DEX/+15ACC GEAR/. 51 ACC AT 440SKILL/100DEX/+30Acc Gear. HIT cap of 54 acc at 440SKILL/120DEX/+30Acc Gear. I only jump in +15ACC intervals so it may be capped a little lower.

Will update later with more info and pizza test.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Cehuetzi snow cone

Cehuetzi snow cone recipe is:
    Wind crystal
    Thundermelon x2
    Maple sugar
    Rolanberry
    Cehuetzi ice shard
    Honey

SCH/BLM, targeting level 121 void worm (INT 261) in Dho Gates.

Magic damage 235
    Magic attack bonus 225
    INT 261
    MP 1182

Before food:
    Fire 942
    Fire V 3363

After food:
    MP +100 (probably hit the cap. For comparison, Felicifruit gelatin MP bonus is +5% with cap of 100 MP). Since I had 1182 MP to begin with, the bonus must be at least 9%, so probably MP +10%.
    INT +5
    MND +5

Fire 1003
    Fire V 3579
    Pyrohelix 1073

This is consistent with MAB+13.

Magic accuracy I don't care to check but felicifruit gelatin and fruit parfait do not have magic accuracy according to wiki.ffo.jp

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What food were you testing? Also wiki.ffo.jp says Felicifruit gelatin 5%. Also why do the other foods not having macc have to do with this one?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I just mentioned magic accuracy since there is no "realistic" way to check magic accuracy if it exists. I would assume any accuracy bonus would be small so the signal would be small. JP info on magic accuracy (see crepes) usually comes from JP books.

Stalking you
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    V' Mod
    FFXIV Server
    Atomos
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Food Effects

because I can't seem to find a good list of food effects:

Food Effects

I have accuracy and attack foods. Please PM if you would like a food or category added. thank you.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Fascinating. Red curry bun gives slightly different bonuses depending on party size.

It's the same for the other nq curry buns as well.