1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I really like the change to be honest. They started it with the Ixali but now it's a simple number of quests, you rank up more quickly and more often and you don't have to get to max rank for all the rewards. I want the Sanuwa mount but my friend already has a minion (she's a rank ahead of me).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've not looked at unlocking the dailies, but 150 rep per hand in for Vanu? Wow, it's almost anti-grind I guess!

Old world dailies are still 5/7/10 per tier.

50 per hand in, 150 a day

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yes, it is much nicer this way. It may not be technically faster to rank up per day, but it is absolutely less busywork. Even the few quests there are aren't that bad to do. However let's not forget that fewer quests also means less new stuff the devs had to think up. They were probably bailing themselves out as much as us lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Given the levequests of heavensward, that's not too farfetched of a thought.

And there's only 1 new beastmen faction introduced this expansion right? I can't think of anything else.

Unless they plan to add in a new faction of "self aware allagan technology" in Azysa Llya...

There's also the dragons, moogles, Azys Lla nodes and that tribe that worship Ravana in Forelands

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

There's at least one faction per area that would work for daily quests. Gnath in Forelands, goblins in Hinterlands, dragons in Mists, heretics in Coerthas, dragons/ADS in Azys Lla.

That said, I'm not expecting anything beside Gnath quests.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Haha... I never considered any of them as potential factions...

Maybe because the Vanu looks stupid/dumb enough for me to hate them for me to consider them beastmen, the rest are pretty neutral in that regards.

edit: I guess I dislike that Vanu dance.

Got to say I totally forgot about the Gnaths. Goblins I considered as one of us (they're just there), heretics were just villains, dragons were story, lol moogles, and finally the nodes.

Derp, nevermind!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well the new Vanu tribe's island did appear out of nowhere.

Who knows which beast tribe we'll see next.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Weren't all beastmen tribes tuned to around 20 days if you focused all of your possible tags on them?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

10 days per rep level, when the allowances were set at 6. allowances are up to 12 now, though, which lets you shave some time.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Materia melding for the first time and having a FC member do it for me. I'm planning on what to buy. I'm not looking for Forbidden Melds quite yet. What should I put on the gathering sets and accessories?

i150 Rod, Hat, Body, Hands, Legs Feet
    i140 Belt, Neck
    i130 Wrists
    i120 Earrings
    i110 Rings

All HQ.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    What should I put on the gathering sets and accessories?
    Nothing, because nothing requires the additional stats. Maybe a couple of GP if you're a bit short of 600GP.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's disappointing. Is that the same for Miner and Botanist too? I heard you need some stupid amount of gathering to hit some nodes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I was only referring to MIN/BTN. I got FSH to 60 and immediately stopped caring about it, so I can't speak for it.

The base stats are definitely sufficient for everything except for maybe the nodes you obtain via the Blue Scrip books. I forget exactly how much gathering those require. It might be reachable with base stats? You'd definitely need a hefty amount of additional perception if you want to get HQ items out of those nodes, but I'm not sure anyone cares about that.

Oh, I also don't know anything about the Diadem gathering nodes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gathering in diadem is just like farming a map in the world. Check the node, Steel spoil there? Get it. If not leave node and move on. Can empty the node in hopes of a chest popping. Silver chests have chance of moonbeam silk, purified coke etc. Don't bank on it. Fishing you just sit there and fish in one spot for hours for a stupid easy amount of gil then repeat next time you go in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

For the BLM level 50 rotation, should I be waiting to use Firestarter procs until after my Fire 1 sequence is done, or should I weave it into the sequence whenever it pops up? I've also been using them while moving. Same with Thundercloud - should I be waiting for Umbral to be using it?

Don't stop or slow casting to watch for FS procs, if you get an FS proc use it after the next F1.

ie. F1(+FS proc) -> F1 -> F3 to use proc

You lose more damage not queuing up the next F1 than you'd gain from using the FS proc immediately.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Your rotation will change drastically soon, but in general:
    - don't interrupt casts for a firestarter
    - use thunderclouds right after fire 1 to allow time for firestarter to proc
    - only use your firestarters after the next gcd finishes.

fire 1 #1 [will proc firestarter] > start casting fire 1 #2 > firestarter pocs from fire 1 #1 > finish casting fire 1 #2 > firestarter. If you have a thundercloud, use it instead of the fire 1 #2.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    For the BLM level 50 rotation, should I be waiting to use Firestarter procs until after my Fire 1 sequence is done, or should I weave it into the sequence whenever it pops up? I've also been using them while moving. Same with Thundercloud - should I be waiting for Umbral to be using it?
    If you have a F3 proc, finish casting your next fire 1 and use it then. If you have a thundercloud proc but no Fire proc, finish your F1 cast, then use TC to bait out a potential firestarter proc.

If you get a Firestarter proc and you have to go into ice phase, use transpose and then your proc when you go back into fire phase.