Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Brother is streaming it for a little tonight if anyone wants to give it a watch

https://www.twitch.tv/noctiskai

Probably won't be for terribly long but at least an hour or so, and PSN stream quality is a little wonky and the quality isn't great, but it looks fun so far. Good selection of characters. Can at least see how the game plays.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Matchmaking a bit slow but kinda expected it being the first beta. A bit slower than the last game but I think I'll really start enjoying it when I start understanding what I'm doing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll probably Main Shantotto and Squall, maybe TEEDUS, we'll see from there.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Been picking the FFXIV char. A big fan of casters in this game so I wanna see what I can do with her. If all else fails, I have the Warrior of Light to hand down justice to people.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Been picking the FFXIV char. A big fan of casters in this game so I wanna see what I can do with her. If all else fails, I have the Warrior of Light to hand down justice to people.
    Holy is great from Ysh, from what I've seen.

(Still streaming btw, link above)

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Shantotto is so much fun.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

2 things.

1) Is the online mode for Dissidia like... laggy to anyone? Is it poor connection or P2P connection or is it just my brothers internet lol? His matches I've been watching have a lot of latency.

2) Unrelated to Topic, but is BG dying a lot for anyone else? I have instances where pages take eons to load, or the site just dies entirely for a period, usually at night.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Controls seem off from the other titles. I don't like not knowing what Control Stick + X does in a given direction unless you use it, since there's no menu detailing character skillsets.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah they don't put out a lot of information but I got a little used to it. Also switched my system settings X and O to put the jump button on X. Hopefully they'll allow you to customize your controls in the future.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shantotto's quotes are amazing.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Time to learn how to play this

It's my first dissidia

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Game's okay fun. Cluttered, but fun. Connections are hit or miss (usually miss), and the UI is hot garbage.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Game is enjoyable, I can see it obviously being more entertaining with friends and not randos. UI is hot cluttered trash and the (current?) Server situation is awful in terms of finding matches.
    Comments aside I had a match versus a gold rank Terra earlier and that dude laid down the smack hard.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wish I knew what I was doing lol

To anyone who's played the first Dissidia, how does it feel compared to that?

I remember it being a little clunky but it generally felt good to move around and attack.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i'm not 100% used to the team comp thing, but one thing that plagued the old dissidia games is that almost everyone played exactly the same in 1v1. There was very little variety between all the characters with the exception that the moves look different, but almost the entire roster felt like you were playing a ryu vs ryu mirror match in SF5. If you played with a Mage vs. Melee character then it turns into a Ryu vs. Guile match. I'm pretty sure this was part of the reason why it went with 3v3. But the simple controls don't give "Character" to some of the cast, which once again plagued the previous 2 dissidia games, and it became a simple game of checkers. I like the game, and i like playing Shantotto because she plays different, but i think i'd pick this up in gamefly to play the final version. The 3v3 at least allows for different strats, that allows you to play with friends and dominate, you can triple team players left and right, and it's great, or you can simply keep it 1v1. Some of the arrange tracks are nice too. I'm still getting used to the attacks because SE didn't bother to give you a move list, Shantotto's dash attack is Bio, and then forward + O = Water, Neutral + O = Blizzard, Air neutral + O = Fire, etc. Hopefully they're going to give you full customization of the characters in the full game.

I would say that was less true of 012 but is basically correct.

Some characters have fast moves that are safe and general combo ability or ways to guarantee actual damage. Some characters are just good at dealing brave damage and can never really convert (Shantoto was guilty of this) and some characters are just slow and shitty.

Exdeath plays like no one else really since he's counter based
    Sephiroth has kind of a defensive/punish style
    Prishe is super aggressive and fast paced with lots of gap closers and combos
    Ultimecia is tricky and zone based (AKACHEAP)
    Lightning is an all rounder with fast attacks and combos in various ranges

Most characters basically fall into these types but are generally worse at it than the characters listed here.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Haven't played Dissidia in a while, but I think the controls were slightly different with X and O being switched. Muscle memory has me jumping instead of attacking quite often. The move sets seem different, like Squall's Blasting Zone being slower than I remember. Other than the massive influx of UI to get used to, it seems like it could be as fun as before.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Haven't played Dissidia in a while, but I think the controls were slightly different with X and O being switched. Muscle memory has me jumping instead of attacking quite often. The move sets seem different, like Squall's Blasting Zone being slower than I remember. Other than the massive influx of UI to get used to, it seems like it could be as fun as before.
    You can switch your jump via the PS4 setting's Accessibility menu. I switched it because I'd rather not be confusing buttons during a fighting game when that button can be the difference between you getting KOd or not.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

btw how do you switch roles with Lightning?