+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

I can honestly agree that given the current state of the game (and the dissapointing story mode, even though practically it doesn't really change much) is not worth full price. The story in the original was fun and it's pretty much one of the few cross-over games where the interactions are great, but I dunno about the flow of story mode now. You either give a shit or you don't, and if you give a shit the flow of the story is off putting to say the least.

I've heard they have 1v1 and shit in the full version, but between button config and frankly shoddy matchmaking and often poor connection quality online I can't recommend this at release even if you, like me, really loved the originals. 1v1 should be a lot easier to handle but with the lack of customisation I don't think 1v1 is gonna be as fun as the original.

The gameplay isn't bad and requires some getting used to, so there's also that to consider, but it's mostly the shit around that which is worrying me. All I want to do is try Ace because if he doesn't feel good then I can definitely wait.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just a heads up that the next patch of characters are being rotated in now, should be up in 15~ min

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I can't recommend this at release even if you, like me, really loved the originals.
    Yeah. I put around 1000hr into Duodecim and around half of that into the original Dissidia and I don't think I'll be buying this before it goes on sale for <$20.

Lack of single player mode makes the game feel incredibly barebones to me. I never particularly cared about the Dissidia story but the world map/labyrinth mode from the previous game was fun to grind and kept me entertained for a long time. They also got rid of most RPG elements that I liked: items, upgrades, bravery attack customization, etc.

Not a huge fan of 3v3, although I don't hate it. Definitely preferred the focus on 1v1 from the originals.

Also control customization really rubbed me off the wrong way. What's the point of offering 8 control schemes when none of them let you use the controls from the previous games?

I know this game was never meant to be like the previous Dissidias but I still can't help but feel disappointed after finally playing. I'm also willing to accept that I played the other Dissidias for the "wrong" reasons but at the end of the day this next installment is definitely not for me.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

fuck kefka's ex skill, shit is OP as fuck

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ultimecia is a nasty character. Can fuck your world up if left alone but has so many tools to keep people away.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by IceSylph View Post
    1) Caius
    2) Galuf or Vincent
    3) Ashe. XII: TZA recently came out, so would make sense in my eyes. Please no Luna.
    4) Auron
    5) Yuna
    6) Gladio

I'm definitely wrong on 6.
    Luna doesn't really have any canon fighting prowess aside from the Hammer of Dawn thing she did on Levi, if you can even call that an attack. But eh... ya know maybe it's time to bring back Stella.

Anyways, I ended up liking the short bit of story we got in storymode. I'm seeing a few of you saying it's a bargain bin game, but is that based off the JP release or just speculation on the story being an after thought?

Gameplay wise, I hate targetting and it's a god damn travesty that the demo didn't include 1v1 sparing to get used to the controls. I played dissidia in all it's other forms but i'm not sure if i'll get used to R1/R1+O/O to move through the field. I never had a problem with the original dissidia controls on PSP/Vita. I keep instinctively going for O for bravery attacks which just makes any intense encounter fizzle out.

I want to buy this game but if we can't swap X and O that might literally be the dumbest deal breaker for me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If button swapping is your only concern, you can change button mappings in the PS4 settings. I think it was mentioned in this thread before.

https://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how...4s-controller/

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    If button swapping is your only concern, you can change button mappings in the PS4 settings. I think it was mentioned in this thread before.

https://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how...4s-controller/
    I could live with that. It's a really ghetto fix considering that will mess with the menus in game.

Couple of matches with Ace. Out of about 10, only 4 had decent connections. I imagine after Beta it'll get better cuz a lot less people will play.

Spoiler: show

And Tidus can still suck a dick. Can't say that any other characters feel good other than marksmen. Vanguard characters feel fucking awful.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Watched my friend who got JP copy of the game do a few 2v2 matches, 2v2 definitely looks more fun than 3v3 for sure.

I actually like playing most of the vanguard characters, marksman feel so weird to me though. I wish more people played assassins though. When the full version comes I'll probably mainly focus on getting good with a assassin character.

Having said that I played Shantoto today and holy shit it was bad. I mean there was lag in most matches but even when there isn't she laughs before every attack rather than just attacking so it's just bad to play and watch lol

2v2 will definitely be 100% better. Something about targeting 3 characters with this system just sucks.

Tidus is pretty fun, I think I could get down with assassin characters so I might try Lightning later since she was good in 012.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

LOL @ James Chen singing "Eyes on Me" at this tournament!

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Decided to do some digging, can confirm 1v1 is also in as well, seems like can even do things like 1v2 and 2v3 as well. The only thing though is you can only do this kind of stuff in custom matches, and I can't tell if you can do matches like this with randoms or only among friends.

More random matches. Tidus is good and fun. Shantotto is ass, but has a super annoying voice and trolly voice lines, I'd play her just to piss people off.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Changing focus of my YouTube channel from a random Let's Play channel to focus more around Dissidia NT and MHW to actually make a community (with the phone port of FF11 whenever it decides to grace us with its existence)

Here's my first video guide on Sephiroth, would greatly appreciate any criticism as I want to always improve my content.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well I found my assassin main. Noctis is fucking insane. An assassin with 4 fucking super armor moves? Hell fucking yes. God Noctis is fun as hell to play on top of that. But with how fucking good his moveset is, its too much for assassin class imo. Dude has as much super armor as fucking vanguards, if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMoomba View Post
    Changing focus of my YouTube channel from a random Let's Play channel to focus more around Dissidia NT and MHW to actually make a community (with the phone port of FF11 whenever it decides to grace us with its existence)

Here's my first video guide on Sephiroth, would greatly appreciate any criticism as I want to always improve my content.

That's pretty good! I'd say some of the annotation might be confusing (specifically the dash attacks) so maybe look into that or rearranging the order. I'd say make the EX Skill part simpler too, rather than say plague's enemy movements, maybe just say simply what it does (slows them down).

Unique character traits is cool, I never knew Seph had a special dash cancel (I kinda wish everyone had something like that) so if there's more of that then cool. I would also make a bigger deal out of what moves are safe to throw out and what ones are more easily punished brave wise. You could also considering doing a vs portion where you explain the weakness of the attack and how to dodge/counter or block etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Well I found my assassin main. Noctis is fucking insane. An assassin with 4 fucking super armor moves? Hell fucking yes. God Noctis is fun as hell to play on top of that. But with how fucking good his moveset is, its too much for assassin class imo. Dude has as much super armor as fucking vanguards, if not more.
    Incoming nerf.

Now that would be funny.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Good tip on being more straight forward with my words, I want to make this as beginner friendly as possible. For the dash attack, would you think having a picture of the R1 Button with it saying hold on top of it be a little bit less confusing? I'll definitely try and talk about the skills strengths and weakness a bit more too.

Actually thinking about it, specific button prompts might not be a great idea since you can switch button layouts, and if they don't change the setup people are likely to further change their button assignments in PS4 menu. What you said would definitely work, just make sure you mention these are default controls.

Something like Dash + Backward Brave, Dash + Brave, Dash + Forward Brave might help etc if you're doing something more general.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Cutscene spoilers from JP version:

lost it when Kefka cowers behind WoL & Garland's shielding when Shinryu AoE's the group