+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Really cool announcement trailer. I never played any of these games. It seems so weird. Am I supposed to see this as a really unorthodox fighting game or do I go into it with the mindsight its an action game?
    It's more like an action RPG set up as a fighting game. I'd say give it a shot.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Details
    • The PlayStation 4 version will incorporate the world view and story of the arcade version.
    • There is no story-only mode, fighting is the focus through and through. As you continue to battle, the story will naturally tell itself.
    • The story this time is set far beyond the events of the battles from the PSP games. While the story of the PSP games has come to an end, it will show why the battle of the gods continued.
    • Since this is a sequel to the PSP games, they’re not restarting the story to make it the first time that the characters meet.
    • In the PSP games, everyone lost the memories of the worlds from their original titles and came to this world, but this time they remember their original worlds, as well as the events of the PSP games, and more so,
    • since most of the characters have cleared the main story, they’re full of confidence.
    • In the case of Cloud, this is him from after Advent Children. For that reason, his outfit and other characters’ outfits during some character stories are different from the arcade version.
    • The arcade version and PlayStation 4 version share the same world. There are proper reasons why users are fighting in the arcade version.
    • The playable characters, stages, and EX Skills available in the arcade version will be implemented in the PlayStation 4 version at the time of release.
    • Just because there’s a PlayStation 4 version doesn’t mean they’re going to neglect the arcade version.
    • The arcade version will receive updates first, and a certain amount of time after that, the update will follow to PlayStation 4.
    • While battles are the focus of this game, players who are not good at competitive fighting can also enjoy it.
    • You can choose a difficulty level when playing against the CPU, as well as choose rules to get a sense that you’re playing a party game, which can only be done on PlayStation 4.
    http://gematsu.com/2017/06/dissidia-...-set-psp-games

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

apparently justin wong and kbrad will be demoing the game on twitch at 3:15 today (assuming that's PDT). could be worth tuning into if they've had some time to try and break it open, i'm very much interested in whether this will be viable as a competitive title.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's more like an action RPG set up as a fighting game. I'd say give it a shot.
    Yeah I'm down. The soundtrack of this game seems so freaking good.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Who actually gives a fuck about Dissidia's story?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    Who actually gives a fuck about Dissidia's story?
    I do

012 was pretty fucked up and prequel sad. The only bad thing about the original Dissidia's story was that the characters had been basically reset into the most annoying versions of themselves, so at least that's gone.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Aw c'mon Elcura, how could you NOT like Zidane and Bartz's Excellent adventure?

Or that Sephiroth basically trolled Cloud harder in his story mode?

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Terra reverting to post-Narshe levels of "oh woe is me" was goddamned infuriating.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I will absolutely concede on that point.

Some characters are fine, but generally those ones are the ones who started off OK in their games. Other characters were just annoying to watch and listen to.

Though they did (iirc) dull this aspect down in 012 so I tend to like that one more. And yeah, generally the villains were easier and more fun to watch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

012 barely gave any screentime to older characters, it was all about the new 6. The only thing I really liked was Yuna actually remembering Tidus and their journey in Spira.

I meant that the main characters in 012 were mostly fine with the exception of like Lightning who's a fucking shill even at the end of her game (but oddly enough far more tolerable in this setting). I expected Yuna to be a lot worse than she was and Tifa was a lot better than I expected.

I mean Dissidia's story isn't that serious (aside from 012 were shit hits the fan) but it's still fun. The worst parts I remember overall were based/with Cosmos as well but I suspect that will be around.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Director confirmed that they're planning to clean up the UI for the PS4 version. Good news for those that didn't like it! :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New stage: Lunar Subterrane (FFIV)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Four new characters being announced, one each month from now through November.

EDIT:
    The image is a composite of all 4 characters, one of whom will be revealed on Aug 7.
    Golbez is just the biggest so his silhouette is prominent.

Jecht and Ultimecia are also rumored to be the next two. Probably Noctis after that.

That would bring the roster to 30, and the devs are shooting for ~50 total.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

These 4 are Golbez, Ultimecia, CoD and Jecht.