Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So far I have soloed all the AA fights on E with Pup. I'll try all on normal next and then the other high tier battles now that my gear is a little better and I have the 100 JP gift. I'm basically having to figure out strategies on my own because it seems not too many people play pup and actually try to use it in content.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well Ive been soloing ghesso so far on dnc/nin, its a cakewalk on VE, gonna try Easy next.

Is taeon gear with +25 eva each piece hands down best tanking armor for solo dnc/thf/nin? Seems to have highest natural eva on armor, and then throwing another +25 per piece on top of it all seems pretty crazy.

Capping eva and just shadow tanking normal hard mode battles seems pretty viable as nin/dnc or dnc/nin.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Well Ive been soloing ghesso so far on dnc/nin, its a cakewalk on VE, gonna try Easy next.

Is taeon gear with +25 eva each piece hands down best tanking armor for solo dnc/thf/nin? Seems to have highest natural eva on armor, and then throwing another +25 per piece on top of it all seems pretty crazy.

Capping eva and just shadow tanking normal hard mode battles seems pretty viable as nin/dnc or dnc/nin.
    I think you'll run into issues with Gessho on N/D solo unless you can confidently one-shot clones since when he has clones out and decides to san: nuke you're gonna get hit with at least 3 of them. It adds up damage-wise.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I think you'll run into issues with Gessho on N/D solo unless you can confidently one-shot clones since when he has clones out and decides to san: nuke you're gonna get hit with at least 3 of them. It adds up damage-wise.
    I keep trigger finger on climactic flourish -> rudras for when he pops clones. Deals with it pretty well.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaull View Post
    So far I have soloed all the AA fights on E with Pup. I'll try all on normal next and then the other high tier battles now that my gear is a little better and I have the 100 JP gift. I'm basically having to figure out strategies on my own because it seems not too many people play pup and actually try to use it in content.
    How are you handling Arrogance Incarnate with Elvaan?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I know that after first one Ulmia will scherzo you. I did it on Easy the other day as Pld and it was cake.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

and what if you dont survive the first one? lol

Ollieyk

I keep trigger finger on climactic flourish -> rudras for when he pops clones. Deals with it pretty well.
    Normal Gessho is a massive step up from Easy, Easy isn't as much of a step up from VE from my experience (64 solo runs on BST).

The game changer on Normal is the amount of splits and the potency of Mijin. Mijin would consistently 1-shot my BST on Normal and split hate seems all sorts of levels of fucked. I gave up on Normal after 5 attempts.

Not sure how other jobs handle Gessho, apart from VE on NIN which, as you mentioned, was a cakewalk, have yet to try Easy. In response to the SMN asking about Seriphcaller, I got 9 of them from 64 runs and 1 Ptica Headgear.

Also - When did they change trusts being summonable in AA fights? SKNM20 fights have always worked but i've not been able to use them in AA (granted i've not tried for a few weeks).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post
    Also - When did they change trusts being summonable in AA fights? SKNM20 fights have always worked but i've not been able to use them in AA (granted i've not tried for a few weeks).
    This May patch.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I wonder if AA Hume can be soloed with a non-pet job. 4 trusts don't help because circle blade one-shot taru2 trusts and reduce everyone else's hp to red.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I could see PLD soloing AAHM on VE at least, just use brygid for def/mdb, maybe moogle for refresh, and a whm and koru if you can get them to stay out of range of circle blade, otherwise uka might be useful since she can heal herself forever assuming she can get enough TP. The main issue with PLD wouldn't be survivability but if you can kill it in 30 min or not. Cross reaver kinda hurts so not sure if any other melee could eat them without shadows. Never really tried HM on lower than normal other than bst solo so maybe the damage isn't that much of an issue.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Could definitely do it on VE even without trusts. Pld does okish dmg since the 1hd update and HM just feeds you tp with those shield blocks.

E would be easy if you can keep a haste/healer trust out of range. To give you an example I used to dual box pld whm AAHM E/N all the time and E I could do half in my sleep in around 10 min with the whm just throwing up haste dia and the occasional regen/status cure

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've soloed tenzen VE on blu a few times after this update going to try on E soon. I used karuha Baruha, ulmia, lion II and gessho. If either Lion II or Gessho pulls hate their shadows block most of his weaponskills with their shadows. I dream flower the adds. The second dream flower can resist by at this point Tenzen is at like 40%~ so i try to dream flower again (i need a better blu macc set) and if it fails i go and burn down tenzen. Make sure to turn around for yaegesumi or whatever sam special 2 is. Be cautious of Cosmic Elucidation skillchain when he is at low hp and does Meikyo Seishu or however its spelled. I forgot about it and got cocky and let it go off on me. It didn't do too much, about 700 to me and all my trust, but that was after he landed like a 700~ weaponskill on me with shadows down and then he auto attacked me. Tarutaru hp ftl! Also when he goes in his weaponskill spam mode, he stays in place so you can back away a bit and let him target others for weaponskills if you can't keep up on shadows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post
    Normal Gessho is a massive step up from Easy, Easy isn't as much of a step up from VE from my experience (64 solo runs on BST).

The game changer on Normal is the amount of splits and the potency of Mijin. Mijin would consistently 1-shot my BST on Normal and split hate seems all sorts of levels of fucked. I gave up on Normal after 5 attempts.

Not sure how other jobs handle Gessho, apart from VE on NIN which, as you mentioned, was a cakewalk, have yet to try Easy. In response to the SMN asking about Seriphcaller, I got 9 of them from 64 runs and 1 Ptica Headgear.

Get shell from a FoV book before you solo on BST. It's shell V. Mijin has never one shot me solo on N or duo on D.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Getting incredibly frustrated with Gessho fight.

He just has the occasional time where he'll pop clones and instantly Mjin right as he pop clones, hitting me for like 3~5K dmg. Nothing I can do to deal with that. And we're talking the Mjins go off before the animation for the clones popping has finished, the two abilities happen simultaneously...

Im wondering if mjin and clones occur at certain hp% forced, and I am doing a WS that passes both threshoulds, causing Gessho to pop off mjin+clones at same time?

If so, fuck you SE.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Repair and Dawn Mulsim. I'll normally keep 5 on me at all times. So I'll pop repair and if AI takes the auto below half I'll pop one DM. I'll switch to 3 light maneuvers and just ride the repair timer and add one more DM if the timer isn't ready. Once timer is ready I'll tank the auto as usual and let it die if need be then pop a half health auto then repair. I'll add one more DM if needed but if the auto dies again I'll use activate. I always have one spare for these fights because I start all fights with Deus Ex Automata and Regen its health to 100 and then start.

Edit: Also I have never used trusts in these fights. I just never tried. For my normal attempts I'll try it and see if it makes the fights easier.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Im wondering if mjin and clones occur at certain hp% forced, and I am doing a WS that passes both threshoulds, causing Gessho to pop off mjin+clones at same time?
    Never fought him on anything but difficult/very difficult w/party but, his clones and mijin are a mechanic based off his hit points. When people would start getting tired and making mistakes during marathon nights spamming him, we'd just have a pld stop meleeing and hold rng dmg. Like pressing pause on the fight.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So you can call trusts in all of these fights now?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ifrit seems to be an easy solo with trusts, mainly because he uses lame debuffs like Addle instead of para/silence/slow etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Haxx View Post
    Never fought him on anything but difficult/very difficult w/party but, his clones and mijin are a mechanic based off his hit points. When people would start getting tired and making mistakes during marathon nights spamming him, we'd just have a pld stop meleeing and hold rng dmg. Like pressing pause on the fight.
    Thank you. So as long as I avoid doing SCs and any other kind of spike damage, he shouldnt ever pop off clones AND mijin (at the same time)?

Cause thats what fucks me up. I can take 1 mijin np. 5 of them to the face? nope.jpg