Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm sure SMN could solo any of them besides yumcax given enough time just doing BP > die > RR > repeat. If Avatars had any durability you could remove the death part of the cycle. That's the only job I can think of soloing them in "terrible gear", the minute you start bringing in DT and gear swapping the hyperbole falls apart.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Pup could do similar minus the death cycle with nuking pets one nuke at a time lol. iirc back when they came out some bst tried soloing one for hours before he made a mistake and didn't deactivate fast enough and died

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I remember PUPs doing that to the Diabolos fight back in the day.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

can someone enlighten me on how to not have my trusts die to astral flow

maybe it's because my ilvl is 117. trying to solo on N and I can survive with no issues (RUN) but I can't dd them down fast enough and at some point my trusts eat dirt to astral

except apururu, he's my boy

edit: or, any advice on which one would be the easiest on N? Done them all on E and prefer ifrit but closest I got him on N was like 15% and timeout (again, after trusts ate dirt around 50)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Solo Hard Mode Mission Battles

Are you running from the TP moves? Theyre all centralized on target, and they have pretty short range, except for AF of course

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Brygid could possibly help some. I seem to recall one of the whms sometimes casts barspells if a monster targets you with a nuke so might work here. Run jas if they are up. Though no idea what you'd do in the event it uses back to back astrals without even taking time to melee

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

The only thing I run from is -ja spells (so trusts don't get hit). The regular pacts can be annoying but not threatening. Just don't have enough DD solo to take them down.

I've been going with apururu ulmia koru-moru and a DD but ulmia and the dd usually die to one of the first couple AFs. Maybe I should go with zeid since he has more hp. Or maybe a tank but I feel like they'll just die

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Amchuchu tanks like a boss and does some dmg so could always make him tank and then you do the dmg from a distance or have him tank along side you

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Amchuchu couldnt tank N ouryu!

He did a good job of having the other trusts eat breaths though lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Amchuchu is a girl!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

No his name is really amachuchu-aruru, it just wouldnt fit

Did it work?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Apururu is a girl too but whatever taru are hermaphrodites. Amchucu can tank Oryuu on Normal, it's just a pain to get her to stand near its feet especially if it turns in mid-air. On the other hand she got one shot on easy one time by breath before she got runes up. It's easiest to just tank yourself unless you can't avoid it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I tried to have Amchuchu tank Ifrit N once, but she died instantly to Double Attack > Meteor Strike after she took initial hate.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just managed to solo Ifrit on Normal on RDM/NIN. Building a MEVA macro for Firaja and Inferno, and outranging Meteor Strike and Flaming Crush made a massive difference.

Shiva, Leviathan, and Ramuh should be soloable in the same way, but I doubt I could solo Garuda or Titan; I kept up Saboteur'd Slow II the entire time, and I don't think I could win if the foe was immune.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Just managed to solo Ifrit on Normal on RDM/NIN. Building a MEVA macro for Firaja and Inferno, and outranging Meteor Strike and Flaming Crush made a massive difference.

Shiva, Leviathan, and Ramuh should be soloable in the same way, but I doubt I could solo Garuda or Titan; I kept up Saboteur'd Slow II the entire time, and I don't think I could win if the foe was immune.
    Garuda and Titan both hit for (eyeballing) considerably less damage than Ifrit and Shiva even before considering added effects. Shiva, in my experience, is the toughest by far. Garuda Pred Claws on D hits my snapweed (not crab or something defensive) for absolute piss damage. Nothing Titan did on D ever really did damage to the crab, never had use anything but the shell move and it took like ~18-20? minutes on D using crappy crab moves.

Ifrit on D with crab took me 28 minutes without unleash and there were a few ohshit moments. He hits much harder than Garu/Titan, but it really wasn't too bad. Shiva is a different beast entirely. She is a monster. Took me like 29:30 to do her on D with crab, needed to use run wild, unleash, familiar, constantly riding reward timer, clenching my ass while hoping crab would survive for 5s at <5% etc. Ended up having to swap to tiger for the last 10% to zerg or I would have timed out.

I don't know how much different RDM/NIN solos are in essence, but I'm fairly certain you could do Garuda/Titan without Slow 2 as long as you can resist the add effect decently / have shell. Snapweed isn't a PLD type and has no native physical defense boost that would make it overly resistant to G's melee attacks (that I know of?), so if it hits snapweed for shit, it'll hit you for shit. I'd be curious to see if RDM has as much trouble with Shiva as BST does. The few people I know who have soloed Shiva D on BST have said that she is the hardest by far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Shiva I don't have a problem with on RDM/NIN; I didn't even bother to outrange, I just straight up tank it. But him thinking he could do Leviathan is just not going to happen. It cures itself too much and he'll run out of time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When meleeing Shiva or Ifrit in PDT gear, their attacks usually do about 100+300-400 on normal mode. You aren't going to be resisting her added effect with any consistency without sitting in a heavy MEVA set or having outside buffs, and that makes her physical damage do a lot instead. The only reason I can melee without getting bogged down by curing myself a ton of the time is because Slow II is like a 70% increase in delay, and I can keep shadows up 95% of the time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I just keep shadows and stoneskin up. I also use beatific shield +1. For diamond storm and heavenly strike I make sure to put on MDB gear as I am already capped on MDT. Last time I tried was awhile ago, but there was such a delay between when it would start BP and actually go off that I had plenty of time to switch from TP gear into MDB gear. Not sure with the change to SMN BP times if that is no longer possible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Switching into MEVA is simple for magical TP moves and spells, and brings them to <100 damage, but I'm more worried about her physical attack added effects. Those are what wrecked me when I tried /run before /nin.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yea, that's why I made sure to always keep shadows up. On average, she would only hit me two to three times a fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast