Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

After getting Onca Suit last night I solod Puppets in Peril (N) on SCH/SAM for giggles - only Punching allowed - no offensive spells.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think I found my default team for High Tier AA. Koru-Moru, Kupipi, Ulmia, Margret. Except AAMR where I sub Margret for Gessho because I need a trust to tank. These 4 don't melee so they're perfect for enemies with AoE.

edit: just soloed AAHM VE on NIN/DNC with this setup. Things got a bit hairy in the end when he spammed chant du cygne and utsusemi san but it's doable.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Spent 30m or so on a hybrid set tonight to attempt AA GK D and AA HM D. Gave up perfecting the Pet: DT- augments on it and created a shitty hybrid between my existing Pet DT engaged set and my ideal one that doesn't quite exist yet. By the time everything was said and done I only gave AA GK D a shot.

Not 100% sure I would've been able to do it without marches, but that was pretty much all there was. Cherukki didn't cast dia and Karuha died at like 98% (as predicted since he melees). Haste 1 from Cherukki was just a slightly higher uptime than added effect from axe so meh. She was there for security in case I derped a Dragonfire Dive.

The marches though, those were pretty important.
    Spoiler: show

Discussing some AA stuff with Falkirk, with appropriate choice of trusts and some practice we might be looking at some BST + Trust VD solos in the next few days.

Going to have a busy night...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Soloed all 5 AA with NIN/DNC on VE. AAEV was surprisingly the easiest one thanks to the Migawari update (needed for Arrogance Incarnate). Keeping shadows up was very easy. Both Koru-Moru and Kupipi finished the fight with almost full MP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Adopted Falkirk's LUA today, so after making some changes decided to do a test run of AA HM D. About 18 minutes without Unleash or Familiar

I really wish I had Joachim, Qultada is too dumb to use Hunter's full time.

Just timed out of AA HM VD at 17%. Need to find some more ACC and not take a phone call midfight. HQ Familiared bird died at 80% -.-

Edit:

And Timed out of AA GK VD at 9%...

Need to find a bit more damage. Forgot to familiar until about 50% but that's not really 9% I don't think.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What exactly is allowing you beastmasters to solo these high tier fights so easy?

My 119 avatars get completely creamed by even VE mobs, how are youre pets so durable?

Is it alluvion skirmish armor chock full of pdt- augments? Would this strat work just as well for pets?

If I got a second keraunos and got pdt- augment on it instead of perp cost, and put perp cost -4 on at least 3 of my pieces of telchine gear, I could have each telchine gear have DT-4%, and DT-5% on my staff. That alone is DT-25%.

Add on Handler's NQ+HQ earrings and thats another PDT-7% for PDT-32%....

Can also put pet:evasion+30 or pet:magic evasion+30 on each piece of telchine....

Is this the direction you are all going with?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For AA specifically we are abusing the fact that the bird has native -50% to slashing damage (which is like 90% of the stuff AA do). For avatars we either use Bubble Curtain (-50% MDT) from crab or native -50% DT from wind/water/dark/fire etc that certain pets have.

On top of ~-50% DT in gear as needed to cap out -87.5% DT against their strengths, and still have ~55-60% DT for all other forms after gear + Stout Servant traits.

Edit: Also "easy" is a bit of an understatement. The few of us who can really do D/VD have a LOT of gil into our augments. Personally, I have 5 sets of augmented taeon/acro with at LEAST 150m in augments total. So, stuff gets trivial in the same way that PLD with Aegis/Ochain make things trivial.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    For AA specifically we are abusing the fact that the bird has native -50% to slashing damage (which is like 90% of the stuff AA do). For avatars we either use Bubble Curtain (-50% MDT) from crab or native -50% DT from wind/water/dark/fire etc that certain pets have.

On top of ~-50% DT in gear as needed to cap out -87.5% DT against their strengths, and still have ~55-60% DT for all other forms after gear + Stout Servant traits.

Edit: Also "easy" is a bit of an understatement. The few of us who can really do D/VD have a LOT of gil into our augments. Personally, I have 5 sets of augmented taeon/acro with at LEAST 150m in augments total. So, stuff gets trivial in the same way that PLD with Aegis/Ochain make things trivial.
    This thread has been a great motivator for me. Doing AA/Avatar fights on normal with either my pld or my run. Soloed Hurkan with trusts today on run because I guess I threw that hat away by mistake (just want it for lockstyle anyway) I'm not sure I have it in me to spend 150m on augments though lol...not so much parting with the money, but how depressing it would be augmenting something 500,000 times

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So how possible is it to pull off these fights as summoner then? Is nirvana basically necessary to stand a chance?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fuck me. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    So how possible is it to pull off these fights as summoner then? Is nirvana basically necessary to stand a chance?
    I don't know enough about SMN to say tbh :\ sorry

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I have solo'd most Normal fights and D Titan on SMN before trusts. A Pet DT set helps immensely (mine has DT-28%/PDT-32% and Regen+11 with DT-4%/Regen+3/DEF+19 on Telchine Hands/Legs/Feet) as well as a debuff set to land Slow/Paralyze. Above everything, the most important thing is to anticipate the moments when we have to Release/recast avatar. Somnolence (Gravity) and Tidal Roar are also useful sometimes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Finally, after a bunch of fuck-ups and close calls (another one here as you can tell by my HP) AA HM VD solo done. Qultada died at like 98% again. Useless fucking prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bail View Post
    This thread has been a great motivator for me. Doing AA/Avatar fights on normal with either my pld or my run. Soloed Hurkan with trusts today on run because I guess I threw that hat away by mistake (just want it for lockstyle anyway) I'm not sure I have it in me to spend 150m on augments though lol...not so much parting with the money, but how depressing it would be augmenting something 500,000 times
    I think the most frustating thing is every time you think you're done...you think of another set that you need...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think the most frustating thing is every time you think you're done...you think of another set that you need...
    Speaking of sets and taking advantage of birds built in slashing resistance do you still use a bunch of pet dt or just enough to cap pdt for these fights? And don't worry Sath I'll try to see if I can figure out some more pet stuff that might encourage more set building soon

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Speaking of sets and taking advantage of birds built in slashing resistance do you still use a bunch of pet dt or just enough to cap pdt for these fights? And don't worry Sath I'll try to see if I can figure out some more pet stuff that might encourage more set building soon
    A bit of both. It's hard because, especially for VD, ACC starts to become a REAL issue. Especially since I don't have Joachim or the ACC GEO cat and Qultada is a worthless sack of shit.

I made a set last night with 5/5 Taeon that all have more or less these stats

2 pieces still have -3% DT and there's a total of 9 DW on it I think that I maybe should switch for TA, idk.

Going just enough PDT to cap is good against hume, I never really needed to switch out of this set to my max Pet: DT- set (with like 150 less ACC) except to ride out reward timer or during MS if I was low. Galka is a different story though, since he CONSTANTLY spams self light on you and that shit hurts like hell if you aren't in DT- set. Have to switch to turtle pretty much every time he Meikyo's which means a lot of time is spent whiffing. Have started to get used to the timing on his WS under Meikyo though so I try to switch in and out between WS and shit.

I actually am curious about something, maybe it's just because I'm not used to magical WS, but why does MAB+80ish and WSD+10% only increase Cloudsplitter damage by like 150? What the absolute fuck?

Banned.

BG Level

And people still claim BST isn't broken

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I actually am curious about something, maybe it's just because I'm not used to magical WS, but why does MAB+80ish and WSD+10% only increase Cloudsplitter damage by like 150? What the absolute fuck?
    Kind of hard to figure out without more context. Like say mob same difficulty same day/weather? Same tp? What exactly were the dmgs.

Gearing wise is that compared to other armors? A possible culprit is assuming the other set was completely different armor base stat differences could play a factor. Given how crappy mab augments are on arco I'll assume we are talking taeon which in some slots is rather lacking in mnd/str.

Another could be resist issues which would be easy to find out ws something low lvl. This seems fairly likely if compared to the same armor but different augments and same other factors as just swapping 3 pieces of pet taeon (still a work in progress don't laugh) for mab/wsd taeon which increases mab by 54 and wsd by 5% is taking my 1000 tp dmg against low lvl stuff from 2218 to 3202.

Also something another thing that that quick test brought up to me is the small possibility (I assume you are /nin most the time) of difference between dual and single wielding as fencer can play a factor in that case.

You can always just plug values into the damage calculation since it's mapped out though you might have search around the new base dmg used by magical ws.

As far as the accuracy thing goes... I think one of the rdms trusts does Distract so that might help. Uka Totlihn uses quickstep and can waltz herself. Also could only really do it a couple times during the fight but there is the possibility of switching quickly to lizard and applying evasion down assuming it lands. Might be enough to get that last few percent

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Interesting fact: Not a single trust, NONE, will cast any enfeeble in AA HM or GK HTB. Have been in about 15+ VD fights today and not a single dia, not a single slow, not a single ANYTHING was cast by anybody I had out. Falkirk confirmed that his Korumoru never tried to distract as well.

I'm assuming this is a bug, but who knows.

And yeah I talked to somebody about the WS damage. Likely just super high MDB on AA VD, which makes sense. My CS damage outside of the HTB is fine.

Anyways, timed out on GK at 4% this time. Getting closer. Seriously if Qultada could just fucking not die at 98% or if I had Joachim/IndiCat this shit would be done.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Interesting fact: Not a single trust, NONE, will cast any enfeeble in AA HM or GK HTB. Have been in about 15+ VD fights today and not a single dia, not a single slow, not a single ANYTHING was cast by anybody I had out. Falkirk confirmed that his Korumoru never tried to distract as well.

I'm assuming this is a bug, but who knows.

And yeah I talked to somebody about the WS damage. Likely just super high MDB on AA VD, which makes sense. My CS damage outside of the HTB is fine.

Anyways, timed out on GK at 4% this time. Getting closer. Seriously if Qultada could just fucking not die at 98% or if I had Joachim/IndiCat this shit would be done.
    Thats funny. They do cast enfeebles in VE and E. Maybe if their magic accuracy is not good enough (in VD) they wont even try it?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    Maybe if their magic accuracy is not good enough (in VD) they wont even try it?
    This. The lack of Dia is lulz, considering it will always land, but yeah, they wont cast spells knowing it will get resisted. And those mobs in VD have meva out the anus.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    This. The lack of Dia is lulz, considering it will always land, but yeah, they wont cast spells knowing it will get resisted. And those mobs in VD have meva out the anus.
    Even more lulz considering they will try to cast dia even on the few things that are immune to debuffs including dia.... or at least used to. Was funny to see them spam dia ii on some things

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast