Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Meteor is 30' from target of cast, right? Should test the range of using dawn mulsums. I wonder if the range is longer than reward since it's a consumable not a job ability. Would be cheesy if I can just sit like 40' from TT and spam mulsums.

Edit: Dominion Slash is full AoE, not absorbed by shadows, not centered around target. Arrogance Incarnate was fine, no danger. Then DS took like 90% of my HP and banishga 3 after wiped me + trusts.

File EV under "nope"

Havoc Spiral is at least 8', probably 10'. Even with 11 Hunter roll my ACC meleeing was pretty shit, maybe 70%? But then Qultada overwrote the 11 hunters with like a 7 fighter's because he's a fucking idiot. Ended up duoing PLD+BST in about 16 minutes, but I don't think solo is going to be likely. Maybe super careful positioning after initial engagement could keep Joachim out of range for madrigals, since Ulmia never died. Pet ACC was completely fine, she has less EVA than T3 Escha NMs which I find surprising.

File MR under "maybe, but most likely not"

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Amon Drive, from my experience is a wide-ellipse. Also, I timed out yesterday doing AAGK on D solo as PLD with Trust. He was at 11% HP. I probably would have made it had I figured out the systematic approach to maximizing my damage sooner...or if I had my Burtgang done. Regardless, that will be done soon and then it's on to Tupsi!

Anyway, here's a visual representation for Amon Drive, as I commonly see it hit people and NPC's alike. You all know I like visual representations.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Your 10,000 hours in mspaint is appreciated, but it is a target centered circle and that is all there is to it. Be in melee range if you want to shield block it.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Your 10,000 hours in mspaint is appreciated, but it is a target centered circle and that is all there is to it. Be in melee range if you want to shield block it.
    Yep. Even if you are facing him, you must be in melee range to block it. Generally this is the reason I Flash him when he warps away from me. However I recall numerous times in the past where the move would miss people who were standing far off the transverse axis (assuming elliptic representation). I can test it again when I get home today though. I'm more apt to retry GK-D first though so I have something to brag about.

I'll test it by placing non-melee NPC's halfway between myself and TT. That way the radius drawn around me should not includ them if you are correct and should if I am correct.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If he's targeting someone far away with it, Amon Drive will not hit you if you're meleeing straight in front of him. It's a targeted AoE.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiran View Post
    Yep. Even if you are facing him, you must be in melee range to block it. Generally this is the reason I Flash him when he warps away from me. However I recall numerous times in the past where the move would miss people who were standing far off the transverse axis (assuming elliptic representation). I can test it again when I get home today though. I'm more apt to retry GK-D first though so I have something to brag about.

I'll test it by placing non-melee NPC's halfway between myself and TT. That way the radius drawn around me should not includ them if you are correct and should if I am correct.
    its a targeted circle AoE. there is really nothing more to that.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    its a targeted circle AoE. there is really nothing more to that.
    I suppose that makes sense.. The region over which the move takes effect is, for the most part, a sub-region of the ellipse I drew out. So I essentially gave the move more area than it deserved--specifically the area in between TT and the target's radius. Regardless, thanks for pointing it out. Now I don't have to try as hard to point TT away from my NPC's.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

just soloed AAMR on Normal as NIN/DNC. However, I don't think I could've done it without the alter ego expo. Won in 29 minutes 21 seconds with Gessho, Moogle, Kupipi and Koru-Moru in that order. I managed to position myself like this:

Me -> AAMR -> <- Gessho <- Moogle <- Kupipi <- Koru-Moru

With this positioning, Kupipi and Koru-Moru are safe from Havoc Spiral. Gessho died after she started to spam Cloudsplitter after which I had trouble hitting her without the Innin bonus. It would go better if I have better gear (such as Relic +1).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just wanted to point out that Dominion Slash can be absorbed by shadows, though like most aoe moves, you'll need several. I'm fairly certain it's a target centered circle (though it's been a while), however the range itself is rather large; if you pull her with a spell from around max distance and she has TP, she will use it. Problem for most people in trying to blink it is that she's spamming her shield bash too so it's a bitch to keep enough shadows up. Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but it is possible to dodge Intervene.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JeanPaul View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Dominion Slash can be absorbed by shadows, though like most aoe moves, you'll need several. I'm fairly certain it's a target centered circle (though it's been a while), however the range itself is rather large; if you pull her with a spell from around max distance and she has TP, she will use it. Problem for most people in trying to blink it is that she's spamming her shield bash too so it's a bitch to keep enough shadows up. Also, not sure if it's been mentioned, but it is possible to dodge Intervene.
    Her Intervene is a special one. It can be blocked and guarded also. The effects of Intervene are indefinite though. You will receive them regardless of block or guard status.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ok I've now done EV on normal twice and I'm positive I have it down. Took some tweaking but it's now easy enough that I feel I can try on D next. My problem was that she was moving around too much and she was killing off my trusts and then would one shot me with AI. I've figured out the proper attachments that keeps her glued to my auto. Once I have her glued i attack and then I move her to the edge of the arena and that keeps her away from the trusts. I'm not even using /nin. Both victories have been on /dnc. I don't really see a problem with hate bouncing just because I move up to D. I will test later but it's amazing how much easier these fights are once you have the right gear and strat. I really wish there were some pups that really play that can give some good info.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Carbuncle is doable on normal mode on Red Mage, and Fenrir is doable on Easy. As far as I can tell, Fenrir's dispel and Impact likely makes RDM solo on normal mode impossible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Managed to do Diabolos on E (RDM), but I can tell I won't be able to pull off N.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All Ark Angels' personal weaponskills are absorbed by two shadows. Dominion Slash, Cross Reaper, Amon Drive, Dragonfall, Havoc Spiral. Just two shadows, so if you're/NIN, plan accordingly. AI ignores shadows, as does Cloudsplittrt, probably because they're not physical.

I do Gessho N on NIN/DNC using Amchuchu, Apururu, Koru-Moru, and Arciela. When he splits, turn away and spam shadows to stop TP feed. They will go away. This is especially important because while you and your Trust team can definitely survive one Mijin, surviving six simultaneously isn't going to work out well.

Search for gaji gaji on youtube. This taru has solod almost all including fenrir on VD without trusts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If by almost all you mean all the Avatars on VD, yeah, it's hugely impressive. I think maybe also TT on VD? But nothing else on VD.

Still, hugely impressive. But far and away from "almost all on VD without trusts"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Managed to solo Fenrir on N on RDM using Amchuchu as tank and taking it slow.

Edit: Managed to take down Diabolos too.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

been soloing fenrir on N for the sword, 1/6 yay. RUN doesn't lose runes to dispel, and sometimes battuta/valliance don't get dispelled for some reason.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

With the really high meva/elemental resistance run can get I'd imagine you might get some resists on dispel

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can one of you solo ninjas PM me your lua? I'm half-assedly gearing it up to dick around.