Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just tried Leviathan on normal as RDM/NIN, and he wasn't much harder than Shiva. I was interrupting a good number of his Spring Waters with Dia, but I'd have killed even without; they were only healing about 4000-6000.

He was harder because I couldn't land Addle II on him due to his element, so some of his Grand Falls and Tidal Waves were getting through my MEVA set, to the tune of 400-900 damage.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

just want to verify: I'm a returning player, I'm assuming amchuchu is not available until an eventual login campaign?

first I get screwed on joachim and now this, derp

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Ifrit on D with crab took me 28 minutes without unleash and there were a few ohshit moments. He hits much harder than Garu/Titan, but it really wasn't too bad. Shiva is a different beast entirely. She is a monster. Took me like 29:30 to do her on D with crab, needed to use run wild, unleash, familiar, constantly riding reward timer, clenching my ass while hoping crab would survive for 5s at <5% etc. Ended up having to swap to tiger for the last 10% to zerg or I would have timed out.
    I assume you were using the crab for it's 50% mdt move? If so bird might end up being better on garuda/Ifrit since it has a natural -50% sdt to wind and fire on top of it's -50% slashing. Jagil for levi for similar reasons. There are other examples (though not all elements sadly) but I'd have to check my notes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    just want to verify: I'm a returning player, I'm assuming amchuchu is not available until an eventual login campaign?
    Pretty much or possibly some trust campaign they might but it's very Disney vault

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Solo Hard Mode Mission Battles

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I assume you were using the crab for it's 50% mdt move? If so bird might end up being better on garuda/Ifrit since it has a natural -50% sdt to wind and fire on top of it's -50% slashing. Jagil for levi for similar reasons. There are other examples (though not all elements sadly) but I'd have to check my notes
    Snapweed on garuda to tear her ass up. Best Garuda D solo time so far is around 11 minutes.

And yes Roche for levi makes it cake. Have soloed all on D, only Ifrit and Shiva have been problematic. Bird may not be a bad idea for Ifrit. I should try that, unfortunately wont fix my Shiva being annoying problem.

Is Chapuli maybe resistant to ice? I know the adoulin pets are really good for magic.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Just tried Leviathan on normal as RDM/NIN, and he wasn't much harder than Shiva. I was interrupting a good number of his Spring Waters with Dia, but I'd have killed even without; they were only healing about 4000-6000.

He was harder because I couldn't land Addle II on him due to his element, so some of his Grand Falls and Tidal Waves were getting through my MEVA set, to the tune of 400-900 damage.

o, you're using trusts. When I attempted it was without trusts (and before alluvion skirmish gear). I suppose I should give it another try.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The only trusts I used were Moogle and Brygid, really, and they're more for insurance than kill speed. The rest died on the first Astral Flow about a minute in. Don't have any melee alluvion gear for red mage, either.

The biggest difference between then and now is probably the Enspell buff, as well as +10 additional damage per hit from gifts. Each physical was doing 56 additional lightning damage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Poison2 will do quite a bit of damage too if you can land it. But yea, that enspell damage, I don't know if they take extra damage to the element they are weak to, but should still be able to get over 70 a hit if not.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They take reduced damage from all sources of magic; my enspells normally do like 77, but they do 56 in there. That's still enough to nearly double your white damage, though, with how much defense the avatars have.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Snapweed on garuda to tear her ass up. Best Garuda D solo time so far is around 11 minutes.

And yes Roche for levi makes it cake. Have soloed all on D, only Ifrit and Shiva have been problematic. Bird may not be a bad idea for Ifrit. I should try that, unfortunately wont fix my Shiva being annoying problem.

Is Chapuli maybe resistant to ice? I know the adoulin pets are really good for magic.
    bah at work so don't have my notes on me so I can only partially answer but only a couple like snapweed and slug had good mdb. Should also note that a lot of pets actually have their mdb go down with run wild <.<. And yeah Candi has -50% thunder/wind.

As far as resistance goes I'm a long ways away from testing something that time consuming but just what I noticed when doing sdt/mdb only a couple of them showed extremely noticeably resistances and non were ice. Like Jagil on top of having 75% sdt to water was also resisting my ilvl 117ish (117 mainhand 119 gun and a mismatch of rng agi/macc gear) cors water shots got resisted over 90% of the time. As far as ice sdt iirc the only thing that had an sdt to ice was the acuex... however that is somewhat counteracted by it's +50% mdt though it might have higher int to compensate for that since it's being theorized as being a blm.

Anyways I'll be finishing up the testing tonight (wanted to get more precise numbers on all the negative mdb ones) and be throwing it into the pet thread. Also I reported some of the results as a bug because well they seem bugged so hopefully that might help if it gets fixed

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    bah at work so don't have my notes on me so I can only partially answer but only a couple like snapweed and slug had good mdb. Should also note that a lot of pets actually have their mdb go down with run wild <.<. And yeah Candi has -50% thunder/wind.

As far as resistance goes I'm a long ways away from testing something that time consuming but just what I noticed when doing sdt/mdb only a couple of them showed extremely noticeably resistances and non were ice. Like Jagil on top of having 75% sdt to water was also resisting my ilvl 117ish (117 mainhand 119 gun and a mismatch of rng agi/macc gear) cors water shots got resisted over 90% of the time. As far as ice sdt iirc the only thing that had an sdt to ice was the acuex... however that is somewhat counteracted by it's +50% mdt though it might have higher int to compensate for that since it's being theorized as being a blm.

Anyways I'll be finishing up the testing tonight (wanted to get more precise numbers on all the negative mdb ones) and be throwing it into the pet thread. Also I reported some of the results as a bug because well they seem bugged so hopefully that might help if it gets fixed
    Nice, that'd be very helpful. Also did not know that run wild lowered MDB, that's kinda dumb.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

subbed out ulmia for Brygid, 0 trust deaths, beat ifrit on N

I know no one cares but I'm pretty pumped.

took 28 min but WHATEVS

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Brygid is magic defense too?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

She gives 10 MDB.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice, that'd be very helpful. Also did not know that run wild lowered MDB, that's kinda dumb.
    It seems to be a straight multiplier (read lazy) so with the exception of a few if the jug had negative it gets more negative if positive more positive. Those exceptions being the jugs that didn't have any mdb when I tested several months ago that now have ~ -8 lol. Pretty sure both those things are bugs. Oh and for some reason the nq pig goes from slight negative to positive when you use run wild with zealous snort up

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did Puppet In Peril (N) melee style on RDM/NIN. It was ridiculously easy the first 50% or so, but his attack speed and damage went waaay up after that, and he started spamming Blazing Memories, which slowed down the kill significantly.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did Shadow Lord (N) on RDM/NIN. First form was a breeze, but because of the 50% HP/MP curse, the second form caught me with low MP, and I had to do a mid-battle Convert. Took a long time due to immunity switching (24 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    except apururu, he's my boy
    I hate to tell you but...reverse trapped there, Merton.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

she can be my boy too whatevs

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Did Puppet In Peril (N) melee style on RDM/NIN. It was ridiculously easy the first 50% or so, but his attack speed and damage went waaay up after that, and he started spamming Blazing Memories, which slowed down the kill significantly.
    Due to his weird attack methods and spam and susceptibility to debuffs it's actually sort of kiteable in that area if needed... or just do kite nuke onry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast